The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 November 2019, 10:19 PM   #1
d8mok
"TRF" Member

Tudor BB58 leather strap and tool advice

Recently purchased a BB58 on bracelet but would like to try it on a brown leather strap. One similar to the Tudor one maybe.

Any recommendations for a UK supplier of such a thing? Looking around £50-£100 budget.

Also what tool will I need to perform the swap of straps? Ideally not a £150 one if possible.

Thanks
d8mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 06:27 AM   #2
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

You will need a fine Spring Bar tool to remove the bracelet. The Bergeon 6767-F (F=fine) is usually recommended. There are loads of threads here that discuss springbar removal plus you can look on You Tube. Make sure you cover the lugs with tape to avoid scratches but once you practice it is easy to do.

In terms of a leather strap as you are in the UK WatchGecko and Watch Obsession are worth looking at. If you want something similar to the Tudor strap, check out Stevo Straps he has a strap called Whisky that looks near identical to the one fitted to the BB58 and another called New Black Bay which can be matched to a Tudor deployant clasp if you have one...............good luck
stevedssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 06:28 AM   #3
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

PS Photo of the new watch please
Old 19 November 2019, 05:05 PM   #4
d8mok
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the response. I’ll have a look today. And I’ll also grab a picture or two.

Edited to add- The steveostrap new black bay you mention - does that mean I can use my clasp from my bracelet?

The whisky one looks lovely too. Great suggestions and I like it’s a one man band making them
Old 19 November 2019, 06:02 PM   #5
Starblind
"TRF" Member

Bought 3 straps recently from twostitchstraps. Very satisfied with the quality and service.
Starblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 07:20 PM   #6
petay993
"TRF" Member

Watch: FXD MN21, BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by d8mok View Post
Recently purchased a BB58 on bracelet but would like to try it on a brown leather strap. One similar to the Tudor one maybe.

Any recommendations for a UK supplier of such a thing? Looking around £50-£100 budget.

Also what tool will I need to perform the swap of straps? Ideally not a £150 one if possible.

Thanks
I always think the JPM range at Bulang & Sons are some of the nicest for the vintage vibe of the BB. European based.

Not cheap but beautiful quality soft leather.

https://bulangandsons.com/collection...?constraint=20
petay993 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 06:28 AM   #7
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d8mok View Post
Thanks for the response. I’ll have a look today. And I’ll also grab a picture or two.

Edited to add- The steveostrap new black bay you mention - does that mean I can use my clasp from my bracelet?

The whisky one looks lovely too. Great suggestions and I like it’s a one man band making them
Hi, No you can't use the clasp from the bracelet unfortunately, the deployment clasp is different but can be sourced through an AD or e-bay etc. I also agree re the suggestion of JPM straps they are very nice.........and available on Watch Obsession....in reality there are tons of straps that will suit the BB58
Old 22 December 2019, 08:44 PM   #8
d8mok
"TRF" Member

Ended up with one from watch gecko which is a perfect colour/style for the watch but maybe a little too much taper but only a minor gripe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 December 2019, 09:49 PM   #9
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Great choice it looks really nice.........I take it the taper is down to 16mm at the buckle, which I actually prefer.
Old 22 December 2019, 10:11 PM   #10
d8mok
"TRF" Member

Yes 16mm at the buckle.

Old 23 December 2019, 12:15 AM   #11
samson66
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedssd View Post
You will need a fine Spring Bar tool to remove the bracelet. The Bergeon 6767-F (F=fine) is usually recommended. There are loads of threads here that discuss springbar removal plus you can look on You Tube. Make sure you cover the lugs with tape to avoid scratches but once you practice it is easy to do.

In terms of a leather strap as you are in the UK WatchGecko and Watch Obsession are worth looking at. If you want something similar to the Tudor strap, check out Stevo Straps he has a strap called Whisky that looks near identical to the one fitted to the BB58 and another called New Black Bay which can be matched to a Tudor deployant clasp if you have one...............good luck
This is so true. Buying that Bergeon spring bar tool has significantly improved my quality of life. My ulcer has since dissipated LOL

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2019, 05:01 AM   #12
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
This is so true. Buying that Bergeon spring bar tool has significantly improved my quality of life. My ulcer has since dissipated LOL

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
Ironically I had a nightmare getting a Seamaster 60th anniversary bracelet off today, it is always by far the worst bracelet to get off, it may well permanently stay off to avoid an ulcer!
Old 5 February 2020, 08:09 AM   #13
d8mok
"TRF" Member

Had the BB58 on the leather strap for about 5-6 weeks now so have moved it back onto he bracelet again for a while.

Purchased a 7825 and 6767F to do the swaps and yes they are expensive but I managed it without any damage. Took a while though

I’m fancying a NATO strap next. Something black with a stripe. Does anyone make one that only passes under the watch once and has spring bar slots? I don’t like the extra height I assume a normal nato would add.