The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 March 2020, 12:12 AM   #91
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
There’s a private seller advertising a JC DBlue 126660 for less than list on Chrono24 in the UK.

UK list is £10350 he has it on for £9700 which is what he paid for it in 2018.

They were usually advertised around the £12k mark pre Coronavirus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2020, 01:28 AM   #92
Mrngrz46
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
I’ve been waiting for this moment for awhile, patiently waiting. Hate that people are losing their jobs and this virus is devastating the community. These 2 things can be viewed as mutually exclusive, just bc I’m salivating at the mouth for the inevitable market crash and am happy about it doesn’t mean I’m also happy about the current reality of what’s going on in the real world.

So patience is definitely not an issue here, I’m waiting and sipping my tea for the BLRO to hit less than msrp
Hollie Rollie im afraid your tea will become iced...ahahahah
It has to hurt don’t get call from AD...
Will be for another life
Mrngrz46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2020, 01:36 AM   #93
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmework View Post
I'm no expert in chrono24 but out of the ones listed by the two verified dealers, both have less than 20 reviews and the others are private sellers....this is just me but if I'm spending that much money on something I'm not purchasing it from someone with little to no history.
They more than likely don't even have the watch....

They might have at one point...but just leave the listing up then there is a mad scramble to fill the "order" from other dealers when a consumer wants to buy one.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2020, 01:52 AM   #94
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Pepsis on the way down >>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrngrz46 View Post
Hollie Rollie im afraid your tea will become iced...ahahahah
It has to hurt don’t get call from AD...
Will be for another life

I passed on a James Cameron my AD was trying to liquidate last week. I literally inquired about the watch, went in, tried a sold one on, left, and got the call I could have one in a few days. I passed. Even though that’s not as hot as the BLRO was, to me it’s an indication that things are drastically improving for people who enjoy this is a hobby. I’m sorry if perhaps I hurt your feelings because you may have paid 17k for a 9.7k watch and you don’t want to see the rest of us who patiently waited get one at msrp.

And I lovvvvveeee Diet Snapple ice tea, chilled, not frozen. I have enough to get me to see a BLRO sell off from people liquidating at a price that’ll sell rather than what they think it’s worth
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2020, 01:52 AM   #95
Podmornica
Banned

It's kind a sad taking the advantage of someones misfortune .. Who knows how many of these case scenario bellow we will be seeing in the upcoming months .. This guy will probably make a bit of a profit, so nothing tragic at this point .. Not so sure about the sellers in the upcoming months ..

https://watchcharts.com/listing/1616519
Podmornica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2020, 01:58 AM   #96
myc ritz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Speedy, Rolex
$50k for all three? Yeah right...vultures.
myc ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2020, 02:06 AM   #97
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podmornica View Post
It's kind a sad taking the advantage of someones misfortune .. Who knows how many of these case scenario bellow we will be seeing in the upcoming months .. This guy will probably make a bit of a profit, so nothing tragic at this point .. Not so sure about the sellers in the upcoming months ..

https://watchcharts.com/listing/1616519
It sucks above guy might have to sell, but let’s get real. He explicitly said he bought from an AD. Even with tax, his ask has him profiting more than $2k. This isn’t a dire sale where somebody is taking a 50% bath.

What I feel sorry for are the guys who are WIS, not trend chasers, genuinely wanted something like a Pepsi and paid way over MSRP, then be forced to sell in the coming months to make ends meet. *That* is a major misfortune.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2020, 02:12 AM   #98
Podmornica
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
It sucks above guy might have to sell, but let’s get real. He explicitly said he bought from an AD. Even with tax, his ask has him profiting more than $2k. This isn’t a dire sale where somebody is taking a 50% bath.

What I feel sorry for are the guys who are WIS, not trend chasers, genuinely wanted something like a Pepsi and paid way over MSRP, then be forced to sell in the coming months to make ends meet. *That* is a major misfortune.
Yes, I agree. That guy will probably make some money, since this is the beginning of disaster and there are still more of unaware buyers at this point out there .. However, I believe in the next 3-6 months, any other seller will be lucky to sell it at the MSRP, since the waiting list at the AD will probably not be longer than a month or two / if all.
Podmornica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2020, 02:13 AM   #99
Michael V
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post

I just cant feel sorry for anyone who paid 2x for a luxury item and is about to lose their a$$ on it.
Michael V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 06:29 AM   #100
exador
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastghost View Post
This is very obvious what it is. Chrono24 sellers list in their native currency, when you view it if you are in the US for example, it will be converted into USD. Look at what has happened to GBP vs the USD (lowest since 1985) and look at what has happened to the AUD vs. USD, same thing. USD is the world's currency, and they will flock to it in a worldwide recession. These people have not lowered their prices because of decreased demand....yet, it is simply converting to USD in a more favorable manner. Every one of the cheapest Pepsi sellers are in GB /Aus, pretty simple.
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 06:54 AM   #101
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael V View Post
I just cant feel sorry for anyone who paid 2x for a luxury item and is about to lose their a$$ on it.

Second that. They only lose if they sell though. Sucks to know that they could’ve had a Pepsi and something else for the price of one Pepsi. Heck, I may even get a Pepsi AND add a Sub or DJ combo for the price of one Pepsi. Nuts.
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 09:56 AM   #102
Michigan_State
"TRF" Member

Didnt the first grey Pepsi C go for $24k when the watch first came out? I believe to recall that the buyer was also on this forum and confirmed it was him. No bad intention behind my post, just shows to tell how prices are changing