The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 April 2020, 03:08 AM   #1
TheWatchmen
"TRF" Member

TimeKeeping Inconsistent?

Hello All,

I have a 214270 that has reliably beat at +1/day since I’ve owned it (about 5 months). This is a 2015 Mk1 and has not been serviced. When I bought it, I had the amplitude checked, it was a little on the low end at 245 but not bad.

The last week or so, it gained +5/day for a couple days, then +3 for a couple days, then +1 from yesterday to today.

Still within COSC, so I’m not losing sleep over it but does anyone know what could cause minor inconsistencies “all of the sudden” with accuracy?
TheWatchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 04:12 AM   #2
Ihatecheese
Banned

Perhaps your lifestyle has changed with the lockdown type quarentines? Maybe causing the watch to wind less, affecting the precision..?

I have the same watch but mk2, it runs faster when i leave it on the bedstand vs when i wear daily.
Ihatecheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 04:54 AM   #3
TheWatchmen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatecheese View Post
Perhaps your lifestyle has changed with the lockdown type quarentines? Maybe causing the watch to wind less, affecting the precision..?

I have the same watch but mk2, it runs faster when i leave it on the bedstand vs when i wear daily.

Perhaps, but I cycle this one with another watch… But I keep it wound, wearing this one to to three times a week. I didn’t notice any deviation until Lisa Bob. I guess I’ll just wear it every day and see what happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2 April 2020, 05:33 AM   #4
dba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710
All this quarantine is going to be the death of all of us.
dba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 05:35 AM   #5
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
My Sub does that. I would say the overall average is about +1.5/d (I reset it once a week) But it goes between a little under +1 to around +2. I've tried to correlate with my activity level and other things but it has a teeny mind of it's own.
csaltphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 04:35 AM   #6
TheWatchmen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csaltphoto View Post
My Sub does that. I would say the overall average is about +1.5/d (I reset it once a week) But it goes between a little under +1 to around +2. I've tried to correlate with my activity level and other things but it has a teeny mind of it's own.

From what I can tell, mine behaves in almost the exact same way. It looks like a gained about two seconds from yesterday to today with me wearing it as I normally would. Oh well, I am very fortunate to have the luxury to worry about something like this with all this other stuff going on.