The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 March 2020, 06:27 AM   #31
Santiago32
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBallGame View Post
I tend to rotate watches quite a bit and really like wearing them all. If I had to pick one that gets the most wrist time I'd probably say my Speedmaster. I like to switch straps often and recently added an older 1171 bracelet to it which makes it so comfortable to wear. I did just get my Daytona last week and since then it's been on my wrist non-stop. I sometimes think about just choosing 2-3 to wear for a few months and putting the rest away to make my like a little easier in the mornings. haha Good luck with your next three pieces!
Very nice collection! Congratulations on your recent Daytona pick up. I'm looking to add a chronograph to my collection and I can't decide between a Speedy and a Daytona. Since you have both which would you keep if you had to only choose one? I really like the history behind the Moonwatch and changing straps gives it a lot of versatility but the Daytona is also beautiful, higher quality, and holds value a lot better (i wouldn't sell but nice to know money is there). TIA
Santiago32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 06:32 AM   #32
cj3209
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II-16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloebear View Post
Welcome to TRF! Fantastic collection and great background story. Really a shame you don't have your dad's Omega. After my daughter and I read every night we talk watches for 10 minutes. We talk about all the terms that are vanishing from our vernacular, like quarter after, quarter to, top of the hour, bottom of the hour, etc. She knows and understands the purpose of the GMT hand and what GMT stands for and its significance. I say all that to say, it's the personal stories around watches that are coolest to me.

Cheers!
Hi, what does it mean that you are the 'unofficial ambassabor for the Explorer II'?

I'm waiting for an X2 16570 Polar Z-serial to be mailed to me...

LOL

CJ
cj3209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 06:38 AM   #33
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Nice collection! Welcome to the forum.

-Edward O. Wilson
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 06:39 AM   #34
AAVDB
"TRF" Member

Welcome! And awesome collection!

what watch is your latest addition?

Oh and I like the JLC Polaris Date a lot! You wear it a lot? What do you think about the overall quality! Thanks
AAVDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 07:17 AM   #35
TeddyBallGame
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAVDB View Post
Welcome! And awesome collection!

what watch is your latest addition?

Oh and I like the JLC Polaris Date a lot! You wear it a lot? What do you think about the overall quality! Thanks
I was lucky and got the call from my AD for the Daytona last week. It hasn't left my wrist since!

Yes, It's gets worn a fair amount of time. I think the quality is really good and keeps really good time. The case is finished really nicely. It's a top heavy watch since the case has some heft to it and has a rubber strap. Because of the way the rubber strap fits it does wear a little bigger than other 42mm watches. It tends to sit a little higher on the wrist. It's one of those watches you need to try on before buying. I also love the dial, very minimal writing on it. Super clean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago32 View Post
Very nice collection! Congratulations on your recent Daytona pick up. I'm looking to add a chronograph to my collection and I can't decide between a Speedy and a Daytona. Since you have both which would you keep if you had to only choose one? I really like the history behind the Moonwatch and changing straps gives it a lot of versatility but the Daytona is also beautiful, higher quality, and holds value a lot better (i wouldn't sell but nice to know money is there). TIA
Ohh that's tough...they really are different watches. I've had the Speedy for a long time and there's just something cool about having to wind it each morning and the way the dial looks under the hesalite. For some reason, when I wear it I don't baby or worry about it. Plus all the history behind that model. It doesn't keep the best time though, and I have to adjust the time every few days (i'm one of those like like my watches displaying accurate time). But that's not a big deal. The Daytona is just a week old so I'm still high from the new watch glow. I find myself just staring at it, weird I know. It does though feel more polished and sexy than the Speedy. Part of that has to do with the PCL, white gold hands/indices, and silver sub-dial rings the other part is the case shape. If you can get one at retail, it's a no brainer, but I don't think it's worth the secondary prices being asked considering what you can get a Speedy for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoughDraft View Post
Great collection. Out of all the chronographs, which one gets the most love?
The Speedymaster by far. But now that I got my Daytona, I have a feeling it's going to sit in the box for a while. The other two chronos have thicker cases because of the Valjoux movements so I tend to not wear them when I have dress shirts on. They're a little tight under the my cuff. I do love the cream color of the Sinn dial though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav333hp View Post
I also have the Hamilton intra matic 68! It's my favorite watch and I wear it almost daily :). Nice collecting BTW.
Aside from mine, I've never seen another one in the wild. It's a cool watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwatchcollector View Post
Fantastic collection of time pieces but you are missing a moon phase and tourbillon complication. It's apparent you have the addiction and they are a must have in any collection. If that is something you feel would tickle your fancy take a look at JLC. I believe you get the most bang for your buck with that brand. I'm just here to enable!
Trust me, I don't need much enabling haha.

I actually had a JLC MUT Moon Phase (silver dial) that wasn't getting worn much, maybe 1-2x a year. It's just a little too formal for me. I ended letting my brother have it since he would get more use out of it. Someday I do want to add a JLC Reverso moon phase to the collection. Need to keep my eye out on the used market for the blue dial version or maybe the rose gold one...hmmm. As for a tourbillion, maybe someday.
TeddyBallGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 07:26 AM   #36
neophyte88
"TRF" Member

Watch: bluesy, 114060, br
that’s a whole lot. Nice,.
neophyte88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 07:31 AM   #37
4 Aussies
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Blue Sky
Hello to you as well! Great collection, thanks for sharing it with us!!
4 Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 07:55 AM   #38
Scott Cali
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub C Date
Great collection! I have an Omega SMP that I purchased brand new in 1997, my first luxury watch that I still have today and would never sell....
Scott Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 09:21 AM   #39
jack1
"TRF" Member

Thanks for sharing, awesome collection, love your choices! My first watch as a teenager was a Tag too, the old F1 white dial, quartz! Bought it in Singapore on holiday. Little small these days so doesn’t see any wear but great for the memories!
jack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 09:26 AM   #40
bmoc81293
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Great collection! How do you like your Polaris Date? I've had my eye on that one for a while now.
bmoc81293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 09:29 AM   #41
maylebox
"TRF" Member

Great collection and welcome from across the bay.
maylebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 09:32 AM   #42
henrylee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Ceramic
Very nice diverse collection
Old 26 March 2020, 11:25 AM   #43
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Great story and collection.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 11:27 AM   #44
chieftd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Sub, YM16623
Welcome, nice collection. Cheers
chieftd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 02:40 AM   #45
TeddyBallGame
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
Thanks for sharing, awesome collection, love your choices! My first watch as a teenager was a Tag too, the old F1 white dial, quartz! Bought it in Singapore on holiday. Little small these days so doesn’t see any wear but great for the memories!
Those 90's Tag were great!! I know what you mean about being small. I think my mine is 36mm which feels tiny when putting it on after one of my 42mm watches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoc81293 View Post
Great collection! How do you like your Polaris Date? I've had my eye on that one for a while now.
It's a really sporty feeling watch. It's also very low-key since non-WIS don't know what it is. Especially since the Jeager-LeCoultre logo is so small on the dial.
The quality is really good and keeps great time, loses less than 2 sec/day. The case is mostly brushed with some nice polished beveling. But my favorite feature is the dial. It's super legible and has different textures throughout. Also, I think the faux-patina on this watch works perfectly. Be aware, it is top heavy since the case has some heft to it and the rubber strap is so light. Because of the way the rubber strap fits it does wear a little bigger than other 42mm watches and tends to sit a little higher on the wrist. It's one of those watches you need to try on before buying.
TeddyBallGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 07:58 AM   #46
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
very nice collection
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 08:14 AM   #47
Yess
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Nice collection!
Yess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 09:00 AM   #48
garbanzo
"TRF" Member

A great collection. Why ?
Because you clearly buy what you like, not what is hot
Old 27 March 2020, 09:15 AM   #49
chloebear
Banned

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj3209 View Post
Hi, what does it mean that you are the 'unofficial ambassabor for the Explorer II'?

I'm waiting for an X2 16570 Polar Z-serial to be mailed to me...

LOL

CJ
It means Rolex doesn't pay me, but I sing the praises of the Explorer II to anyone who will listen....often times to the consternation of my wife who does not share my love for the Explorer II (she prefers my Pepsi GMT).

I'm also required to defend the it any time someone dogs it on the forum.

Two of my closest friends who are not watch guys and both want a black dial Explorer II.

Furthermore, I swapped it with my twin brother once for his white Milgauss. While I love the Milgauss, being without the Explorer II drove me crazy. It was the longest three months of my life. On many occasions I strongly considered driving the 900 miles from Arkansas to Michigan to get it back.

Congrats in advance on the incoming polar! Share some pics!
chloebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 12:52 AM   #50
cj3209
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II-16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloebear View Post
It means Rolex doesn't pay me, but I sing the praises of the Explorer II to anyone who will listen....often times to the consternation of my wife who does not share my love for the Explorer II (she prefers my Pepsi GMT).

I'm also required to defend the it any time someone dogs it on the forum.

Two of my closest friends who are not watch guys and both want a black dial Explorer II.

Furthermore, I swapped it with my twin brother once for his white Milgauss. While I love the Milgauss, being without the Explorer II drove me crazy. It was the longest three months of my life. On many occasions I strongly considered driving the 900 miles from Arkansas to Michigan to get it back.

Congrats in advance on the incoming polar! Share some pics!
My X2 16570 came in. Love it. Although, I have to admit, my SubC bracelet feels better than the X2's. Oh, well...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg X2_16570_4.jpg (289.6 KB, 27 views)
cj3209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 04:49 AM   #51
Langer88
"TRF" Member

Big lineup there ����
Langer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 05:52 AM   #52
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
Welcome and what a collection.
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 06:34 AM   #53
Oldfellow
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Hi and welcome.
Great story and great collection. I enjoyed your responses to all of the questions/ comments.
Oldfellow is offline   Reply With Quote