The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 30 August 2020, 12:28 AM   #31
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goochy View Post
Where is the threat and what are they threatening?
I’m not going to get into an argument with you. The way I interpret it’s a threat. They don’t want him posting any further on this matter. Well guess what, EWC should have not been shady by reposting the watch for $10k more and not even checking out the issues the OP pointed out.

Have a good day as I’m done arguing with you
Old 30 August 2020, 01:14 AM   #32
Goochy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263, 1019, DSSD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miami View Post
I’m not going to get into an argument with you. The way I interpret it’s a threat. They don’t want him posting any further on this matter. Well guess what, EWC should have not been shady by reposting the watch for $10k more and not even checking out the issues the OP pointed out.

Have a good day as I’m done arguing with you
I wasn’t trying to argue and I apologize if it came across that way, I genuinely can’t see a threat in any of their posts. I also don’t think they’ve done anything shady, they own the watch and they can post if for sale for whatever price they want, it may well be worth 10k more when it’s serviced. I truly can’t see the story here, “man buys watch unseen, not happy when it arrives, returns for full refund, dealer has watch serviced and realists it”, no story.
Goochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2020, 02:21 AM   #33
turborolex
"TRF" Member

[EWC] Watch out for the FPJ Chronometre Souverain No. 498-CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goochy View Post
I wasn’t trying to argue and I apologize if it came across that way, I genuinely can’t see a threat in any of their posts. I also don’t think they’ve done anything shady, they own the watch and they can post if for sale for whatever price they want, it may well be worth 10k more when it’s serviced. I truly can’t see the story here, “man buys watch unseen, not happy when it arrives, returns for full refund, dealer has watch serviced and realists it”, no story.

The whole purpose of this thread is that the OP is warning fellow TRF members not to buy the watch that he bought and found significant flaws with and therefore returned, only to find EWC listing the exact same watch, with the same significant flaws up for sale again as “like new”.

I find OP’s thread factual and supported with very clear images that can’t be refuted.

OP, that’s what TRF is all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 August 2020, 02:39 AM   #34
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turborolex View Post
The whole purpose of this thread is that the OP is warning fellow TRF members not to buy the watch that he bought and found significant flaws with and therefore returned, only to find EWC listing the exact same watch, with the same significant flaws up for sale again as “like new”.

I find OP’s thread factual and supported with very clear images that can’t be refuted.

OP, that’s what TRF is all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn’t have said it any better!
Old 30 August 2020, 04:57 AM   #35
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
OP thank you for sharing

Imo, the watch isn't the problem of course, it is their attitude while dealing with the situation.
I can believe that they didn't see the problem when selling to OP. I can believe that the reposting of the watch was accidental, it's a long reach but a company that had a flawless reputation deserves a bit of slack.

But when confronted with the current situation EWC should have taken control of the situation, come out and do some damage control. Own up to your fault, and promise to do better in the future. But instead, they are rubbing in a stain and make it worse. The response is arrogant to me and if this sort of incidents keep showing up it could be a sign of worse things to come..

my 2cts
Sorry but I completely disagree. This watch was originally advertised as 'like new'. Its far far far from that state. Then they relist it a couple months later as 'excellent'.... not even close. That watch is a mess and it doesn't take a loop to understand the poor condition. EWC are proving themselves to be a completely dodgy outfit. Imagine if the watch didn't have a display back. Just not good enough. Buyer beware.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buyer beware , chronometre souverain , ewc , fp journe