The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 30 October 2020, 04:58 AM   #1
Bruce_Wayne
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116400GV Z-Blue
Record Datofix Service Question

My mother has one of her father’s watches that I would like to get serviced. I’m new to the vintage watch world and really do not want to do more harm than good. I’m looking for recommendations or advice for a trusted vintage watchmaker. The watch is a Record Geneve Datofix Triple Calendar. I believe circa is 1950s (I could be wrong). I have zero interest is selling, but I want to make sure it is properly maintained as it probably has not been serviced in 30+ years. I’m based in Houston, but am open to any domestic watchmakers. I believe the movement is Record caliber 107C based on my brief research. Is it fair to assume any qualified watchmaker can work on obscure movements or are their watchmakers that specialize in specific manufactures? Here are some pictures for reference (I believe it was originally on a leather strap this is long gone):

Sent from the Waitlist at 6 different ADs
Bruce_Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote