The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 November 2020, 06:11 AM   #31
ap1
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Approved for 6.5
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2020, 10:04 AM   #32
ibz_s_b
"TRF" Member

I must have some form of Dyslexia because I read the title as "Trying to get a hard on"

I picked up the 124060 the first week it came out from my AD and I have 6.25" wrists, sits perfectly in my opinion. I'm sure you'll be fine.
ibz_s_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2020, 06:21 PM   #33
Kendle19
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_s_b View Post
I must have some form of Dyslexia because I read the title as "Trying to get a hard on"

I picked up the 124060 the first week it came out from my AD and I have 6.25" wrists, sits perfectly in my opinion. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Unfortunately "hard on" and "6.5 inches" don't go in the same sentence for me
Kendle19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2020, 06:59 PM   #34
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Try to find a grey dealer and see the watches you like in person. Try it on and see how it feels. It is a tough market out there but at least for me it is important to get the feel before you can commit to a purchase. At the end of the day these things are not cheap.

e.g. really liked the blue dial DJ on photos but still went to see one in the flesh before I started calling ADs for it.
e.g. Sky-Dweller no matter how much I like it, it feels too big and chunky on my wrist so there is no point to look for one.
e.g. Hulk - did not like it on photos and videos until I randomly stumbled on one and tried it on. From that moment it became an obsession and I had to have it
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2020, 10:03 PM   #35
Exceptional1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky-Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadweller View Post
I can't stress enough the importance of seeing in real life any watch before you buy it.

At the AD I've been able to try the new releases I was interested in, namely the Sub TT Bluesy and the OP41 in bright blue and yellow so far, more colours to follow (turquoise and green) . While I was there I also saw stuff I didn't like on pictures and got a confirmation in the flesh (GMT TT CHNR and full gold CHNR). I would really like to see a steel Pepsi at some point.

When visiting a grey dealer to get a trade-in quote on my Speedy, I was shown the new Kermit, not that I was interested but it was there and the dealer wanted me to see it, meh. I really don't get the appeal of this watch, it does absolutely nothing to me.
Your 100% correct. I was dead set on purchasing a piece I only saw in photos and videos, didn't love it in real life.
Exceptional1 is offline   Reply With Quote