The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 September 2006, 03:59 AM   #31
frank bullit
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
Glad everything is sorted out Frank. Btw, "wanker" is a term I'm particularly fond of. One of the more coulourful expressions in the English language. I find it comes in very handy when I'm driving.

Trouble with the net is its all words. No inflection or feeling can be judged. We have to guess at the sentiments and hopefully get it right. But we all either type it wrongly or get the wrong impression at times. We are all human.

I'm pleased its all sorted.

Beers all round!
Nicely put, Mad'
Frank.
ps. Are you Justin Time? (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Last edited by frank bullit; 16 September 2006 at 04:03 AM.. Reason: editorial afterthought
frank bullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2006, 04:09 AM   #32
C.J.
"TRF" Member

No worries, guys You're both valued members here and seem to fit in quite well. It takes a big man to apologize and just as big a man to accept it and move on Good on you both and heres to things getting right back to the way they were
Old 16 September 2006, 04:10 AM   #33
madformac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank bullit View Post
Nicely put, Mad'
Frank.
ps. Are you Justin Time? (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Yeah I suppose "Justin Time" would be appropriate on this forum huh?

Shoulda used that as my username..
madformac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2006, 07:41 AM   #34
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Hi Gang!
You can sound the 'all clear'! My new friend infoe and I have 'made up'.
I'm just a touchy overprotective old geezer and he's just a lad that didn't know any better. We buried him this morning! (joke!! JOKE!!)
Infoe is just 25 but man enough to apologise, and for that , much respect.
Well done mate!

I, of course humbly apologise for my unseemly outburst and graciously beg forgivness from all you lovely Rolex freaks! (Too late, I realised I should have sent my remarks by PM) I hope that in time you can accept me back into your fold, untill which time I shall remain garbed in the traditional sackcloth and lightly sprinkled with the ashes of a sacrificial Omega catalogue (c.1983).
Nil carborundum bastadum, Amen.

Regards, Frank .

I'm glad you are happy again because there's still the matter of the TMS (TRF Mediation Service) bill! Will you be paying cash (5% discount) or with plastic? I'l PM you the reference number

Accidit in puncto, quod non speratur in anno!
Old 16 September 2006, 07:51 AM   #35
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Glad it all worked out, Frank. We substitute "wanker" with "tosser". Different words - same meaning!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2006, 08:24 AM   #36
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
Quote:
Hi Gang!
You can sound the 'all clear'! My new friend infoe and I have 'made up'.
I'm just a touchy overprotective old geezer and he's just a lad that didn't know any better. We buried him this morning! (joke!! JOKE!!)
Infoe is just 25 but man enough to apologise, and for that , much respect.
Well done mate!

I, of course humbly apologise for my unseemly outburst and graciously beg forgivness from all you lovely Rolex freaks! (Too late, I realised I should have sent my remarks by PM) I hope that in time you can accept me back into your fold, untill which time I shall remain garbed in the traditional sackcloth and lightly sprinkled with the ashes of a sacrificial Omega catalogue (c.1983).
Nil carborundum bastadum, Amen.

Regards, Frank .
Glad that you'll stick around Frank!
BTW, is that a Pratchett quote you've got there, or one of your own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
No inflection or feeling can be judged. We have to guess at the sentiments and hopefully get it right. But we all either type it wrongly or get the wrong impression at times. We are all human.
Well said I've thought the same many a time.

Last edited by Otis; 16 September 2006 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: messy..whoops
Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2006, 09:27 AM   #37
amanda
Banned

hmmm i was reading this post through going.... ok ok.... oooh frank not sure you should say how successful and attractive your daughters are on a forum like this, oh there we go the remark from a man that will offend... oh ooops he's offended and so forth!

I have seen this happen on other threads on different forums..... like the time one guy posted a pic of his attractive nanny and then the nanny sees it and tears shreds off him on the actual thread... all the guys were making remarks about how hot she was and so forth, it really wasnt nice for her. Some of you might know what I am referring to here.....
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2006, 09:34 AM   #38
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda View Post
hmmm i was reading this post through going.... ok ok.... oooh frank not sure you should say how successful and attractive your daughters are on a forum like this, oh there we go the remark from a man that will offend... oh ooops he's offended and so forth!

I have seen this happen on other threads on different forums..... like the time one guy posted a pic of his attractive nanny and then the nanny sees it and tears shreds off him on the actual thread... all the guys were making remarks about how hot she was and so forth, it really wasnt nice for her. Some of you might know what I am referring to here.....
Yes, I was privy to that incident. It was all deleted and 'forgotten' rather quickly, wasn't it! I think in the end it all comes down to what was said earlier, about not being able to convey inflection & feeling through typed words, and while someone might be joking it may be misunderstood. I don't think anyone here would purposefully offend and be malicious. But, you do make a good point amanda!
Old 16 September 2006, 09:44 AM   #39
amanda
Banned

Thats very true Otis. And the problem is that one man might like other men commenting on how attractive his wife is etc whilst a different person would be most offended. You can never tell how someone will react. I'd say most Dads are very protective of their daughters, which reminds me of something I heard at work the other day. One of the Project Managers was speaking of email being blocked from his daughter by the SPAM gateway, and being the administrator of this server I asked him what her email address was he goes 'mamajugs@hotmailyahoo'... I frowned and was like 'mamajugs' are you for real? Never in a million years would I send my Dad mail from an accountname like that!

Goes to show how different things can be in some families. This guy wouldnt care if someone had of asked him a Q that relates to that name... he'd have laughed it off for sure... he's that kinda guy.
Old 16 September 2006, 09:55 AM   #40
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
ROFLMAO at mamajugs...
I had a client who's last 4 digits of her phone number were -6969
She had requested this from the phone company. Try looking her straight in the face after that

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2006, 03:05 PM   #41
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch Mini View Post
ROFLMAO at mamajugs...
She had requested this from the phone company. Try looking her straight in the face after that

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2006, 04:31 PM   #42
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch Mini View Post
ROFLMAO at mamajugs...

I don't get it, what's so funny? Please explain........
Old 16 September 2006, 06:12 PM   #43
frank bullit
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Are you QUITE sure you meant 'straight in the face'?
If not, that IS funny!
Old 16 September 2006, 07:49 PM   #44
frank bullit
Banned

Cyber respect?

Good morning Amanda,
Thank you for your observations, nice to have an opinion from your side of the gender divide!
I understand exactly what you are saying, and agree that if we set ourselves up we should expect to be knocked down.
I think there is a wider point to be made here. Beautiful things that we can't ALL have exist, be that Women, watches or a view across the countryside from a kitchen window.
Most of us aspire to own or achieve things that may be unattainable, that's one of the beauties of life isn't it, having a dream?
Was it Mr (little) Stevie Wonder that said "If you never have a dream , you'll never have a dream come true?"
I digress!
This forum exists for us Rolex 'fans' to discuss, dissect and generally chat about that subject and all the peripheral stuff that goes with owning, desiring and endlessly posting photos of more or less identical watches to each other! (wonderfully eccentric, isn't it.)
So, if, in the course of these communications a member can't say "just bought the wife a nice Lady-Datejust Pearlmaster" without some, shall we say "member" coming on line to say,
'oo, gotta wife have you, what gym does she use...'
I know I'm over egging the cake here but I hope you all know what I mean.
We are all anonymous here and we have to respect each other and try to behave on line with strangers as we would do if we met each other in the pub' on say; a 'Rolex owners night' (God, forbid!)
We all know the boundaries and most of us toe the line (just!)
'Tosser' was a word I had difficulty with untill I had a word with an Aussie mate in the office, he informed me it was a positive form of abuse!
Aussies! I should have known,you've gotta love 'em for their carefree irreverence haven't you!

Briefly, back to my point. I'm glad Amanda can say she's 'Amanda' without some 'perve' making lurid suggestions, and, if he does, I'll defend her right to be P'd off about it! (to paraphrase Sir Winston!)

Love and kisses,
Frank (long winded) Bullit.

ps. Did I mention just I've bought my wife a Lady Datejust Pearlmaster!!

Last edited by frank bullit; 17 September 2006 at 01:28 AM.. Reason: Punctuation & content.
Old 16 September 2006, 10:11 PM   #45
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
all you lovely Rolex freaks! .
From one freak (Rolex) to another freak.... freak on!!!

& 73
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2006, 04:42 PM   #46
amanda
Banned

thanks Frank! Ooh and nice watch for your wife, I am sure she's wrapped! I understand about the 'tosser' comment thats thrown around here liberally, it's a little in your face shall one say? Nevermind, its ok I can cope

I just read this thread on the other forum, thought it was amusing.... and related to this thread!

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...rt=0&rid=38601

Last edited by amanda; 17 September 2006 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: punctuation
Old 17 September 2006, 05:34 PM   #47
frank bullit
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda View Post
thanks Frank! Ooh and nice watch for your wife, I am sure she's wrapped! I understand about the 'tosser' comment thats thrown around here liberally, it's a little in your face shall one say? Nevermind, its ok I can cope

I just read this thread on the other forum, thought it was amusing.... and related to this thread!

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...rt=0&rid=38601
Good morning Amanda, I've just clocked this article, sorry, thread and it makes interesting reading. Kids! Bless 'em.
I liked the look of the medics Invicta, not normally my kind of thing, yellow strap, dials and numbers all over the place, it certainly is an horological statement. ...wonder if it tells the time?

Regards, Frank.

ps. The 'new watch' by the way was used as a 'ps' purely for comic(?) effect!! Who d'ya think I am? Roman Abramovich?!!!
GOTCHA!

(Just in case anybody does'nt know who Roman is, he's a Russian squillionaire
Oligarc that owns London's Chelsea Football Club. He's just spent 70 million quid on a new yacht!! ..'spect he's got a few Rollies!)

Last edited by frank bullit; 17 September 2006 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: Smelling mislake
Old 17 September 2006, 06:43 PM   #48
amanda
Banned

Quote:
ps. The 'new watch' by the way was used as a 'ps' purely for comic(?) effect!! Who d'ya think I am? Roman Abramovich?!!!
GOTCHA!
OH the humiliation!! I took your statement literally and not in the way you intended... darn internet

I hope your wife doesnt see this thread, she might take it literally too and KaPoW a big hit to Frank's wallet
Old 18 September 2006, 01:33 AM   #49
frank bullit
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwatch View Post
I'm glad you are happy again because there's still the matter of the TMS (TRF Mediation Service) bill! Will you be paying cash (5% discount) or with plastic? I'l PM you the reference number

Accidit in puncto, quod non speratur in anno!
D'you give 'Airmiles'? I've got 'Shell' a clubcard.(Apparently I can fly 263 meters in any direction I choose!)
FB.

Last edited by frank bullit; 18 September 2006 at 01:40 AM.. Reason: content
Old 18 September 2006, 01:44 AM   #50
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:

Briefly, back to my point. I'm glad Amanda can say she's 'Amanda' without some 'perve' making lurid suggestions, and, if he does, I'll defend her right to be P'd off about it! (to paraphrase Sir Winston!)
It's obvious our loony Kiwi has not been following this thread closely enough. His was the first name I thought of when you mentioned "perve."

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote