The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 September 2006, 02:02 PM   #31
miner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda View Post

Mike - your GMT is magnificent!
Hey Amanda, why don't you make Mike an offer. You want a GMT and it looks like he has one to sell.....
miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2006, 03:25 PM   #32
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner View Post
Hey Amanda, why don't you make Mike an offer. You want a GMT and it looks like he has one to sell.....
I'm not quite ready to buy yet, on the home straight savings wise and advertised mini-sub on ebay.... just about there, dont wanna waste anyones time till 100% ready.... happy waste a shops time tho
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2006, 05:19 PM   #33
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by astcell View Post
BTW a local shop had a blue TT Submariner, list at $7100, used for $6900. So yea, they make out just fine.
$6900 for a USED TT Sub...and there are buyers out there at that STUPIDLY RIDICULOUS price?

I can get a friggin' BRAND NEW one for at least a THOUSAND DOLLARS less!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2006, 05:32 PM   #34
amanda
Banned

You say that alot here in Aus JJ, used prices that are only $800 off a new watch... tsk tsk tsk i just dont get it

people obviously buy them, they seem to disappear off sites etc
Old 19 September 2006, 05:35 PM   #35
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
You say that alot here in Aus JJ, used prices that are only $800 off a new watch... tsk tsk tsk i just dont get it

people obviously buy them, they seem to disappear off sites etc
Yes, but your bloody used prices are so much more than our BRAND NEW ones!! How crazy and utterly ridiculous is that!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 19 September 2006, 05:48 PM   #36
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Yes, but your bloody used prices are so much more than our BRAND NEW ones!! How crazy and utterly ridiculous is that!!

Thats really super crazy

After wandering around today looking at old vs new, to buy local (not keen on the stress of shipping from OS) I might as well just buy a new rolex or something from someone on here... but still not keen on this shipping caper.

I just do not get it, dont people walk into a AD and find out what a brand new one costs before buying from these resellers????
Old 19 September 2006, 05:51 PM   #37
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Thats really super crazy

After wandering around today looking at old vs new, to buy local (not keen on the stress of shipping from OS) I might as well just buy a new rolex or something from someone on here... but still not keen on this shipping caper.

I just do not get it, dont people walk into a AD and find out what a brand new one costs before buying from these resellers????
Sucker born every minute, Amanda. You'd be surprised how much disposable income some people have. They merely look at the actual List Price that's on the hang tag of a new Rolex and then if the used one is a few hundred dollars cheaper, they go for it. They just don't take the discount factor (which is available on a new one) into consideration.

JJ