The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 March 2021, 09:24 AM   #31
Gab27
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Say this:

“Sir,
My sincerest thanks for considering me for this elegant ladies datejust. My wife should be most appreciative of this fine timepiece. But alas, I am disinclined to acquiesce to this purchase alone, as I fear it renders me in a difficult position where my wife will be with a new time piece and I will be without. As a travelling man of business, this transaction would leave me with an insatiable thirst that can only be quenched by a fresh Pepsi. What’s more, is that a very special anniversary is approaching, and it would be most timely to be able to secure two fine time pieces for myself and my wife for this occasion.

Good sir, I implore you - would you consider bundling the purchase of a datejust with a concurrent purchase of the GMT BLRO?”

This is most spectacular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
With a $40K spend history, you should be able to get a Pepsi with that DJ.

I would tell your AD you are considering the DJ but would definitely buy if it was bundled with a Pepsi. Don't sound entitled, just state the facts. With your history, this is a reasonable offer.

This is very reasonable. For the AD, it's the opportunity to not just make a high-dollar sale to a long-term customer but to also solidify that relationship (and ensuing sales) for many years or even decades to come. Allocating one of these very limited watches to the OP is arguably a very reasonable business decision for this dealer.
Gab27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2021, 09:33 AM   #32
Malum
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 D-Blue
I would never buy a single thing that I did not want .period
Malum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2021, 12:25 PM   #33
Francist
Banned

Watch: 116500LN
If your AD has empty cases to show, he won’t probably give u the pepsi.
But who knows, you might get lucky.
I say step up a little & buy diamond MOP DJ, that’ll bump your chances quite a lot.
Francist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2021, 04:36 PM   #34
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
With a $40K spend history, you should be able to get a Pepsi with that DJ.

I would tell your AD you are considering the DJ but would definitely buy if it was bundled with a Pepsi. Don't sound entitled, just state the facts. With your history, this is a reasonable offer.
40k spend this year so far, maybe
40k total spend over several years, that’s not strong history and you need (in general) strong history to get a Pepsi
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2021, 03:21 AM   #35
samgobigs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
40k spend this year so far, maybe
40k total spend over several years, that’s not strong history and you need (in general) strong history to get a Pepsi
40k over a period of 3-4 months
samgobigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2021, 03:28 AM   #36
dukie748
"TRF" Member

No harm in giving it a try - bundling worked for my wife and I, and we had zero history - and the TT DJ she wanted was a pretty basic piece, no diamonds.

Don't ask, don't get.
dukie748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2021, 03:36 AM   #37
redhead4rolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust
Here's my advice...don't bundle!! Find an AD that has some class and work with them, I know they can be hard to find but once you do it will be totally worth your while!
redhead4rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2021, 03:46 AM   #38
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
The last SS Pepsi at my AD (I've been on the list for years now...) was sold/allocated/presented to a whale who already had a WG Pepsi and very likely has enough watches to get well into the 6 digit realm. Not the 6 digit model, the 6 digits of dollars. US dollars, not those Canadian Loonies.

My other local AD (from whom I have bought zero lately) told me that my chances of a Daytona were non-existent, and those go to customers who routinely purchase $100K of jewelry. I took that to mean on an annual basis.

That said, it costs you exactly nothing to try. Assuming, of course, that you really want that DJ and would have bought it anyway.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2021, 03:54 AM   #39
dukie748
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
Assuming, of course, that you really want that DJ and would have bought it anyway.
Exactly. If you want the DJ regardless, there's no harm in trying.
dukie748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2021, 04:01 AM   #40
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Quote:
Say this:

“Sir,
My sincerest thanks for considering me for this elegant ladies datejust. My wife should be most appreciative of this fine timepiece. But alas, I am disinclined to acquiesce to this purchase alone, as I fear it renders me in a difficult position where my wife will be with a new time piece and I will be without. As a travelling man of business, this transaction would leave me with an insatiable thirst that can only be quenched by a fresh Pepsi. What’s more, is that a very special anniversary is approaching, and it would be most timely to be able to secure two fine time pieces for myself and my wife for this occasion.

Good sir, I implore you - would you consider bundling the purchase of a datejust with a concurrent purchase of the GMT BLRO?”
Yes please!
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2021, 04:09 AM   #41
DLRIDES
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by samgobigs View Post
So here's the situation:
I have a purchase history with my current AD. The AD knows I am on the list for a Pepsi and been waiting for about 3 months. Whether there is one in the safe or not, I'll never know.

I've just been presented with a ladies datejust. The thing is, if I buy this datejust, I want to see it bundled with a Pepsi. I've already brought several other watches, and have about a 40k+ spend history, but I don't want to just keep buying watches for the 'someday I'll get a call' watch.

With this being said, is there a polite way of saying I'll buy this ladies DJ provided it's bundled with a Pepsi or other hard to get watch?
Quote:
Say this:

“Sir,

That’s much better than what I was thinking ! Which was:

“That sounds like extortion to me, you can pound sand ! I would rather pay grey prices than be a victim, and further enable such practices !”

Then I would return in a few days when my new watch arrived to show it off.

YMMV
Old 1 April 2021, 05:44 AM   #42
joli160
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Say this:

“Sir,

This might work
Old 1 April 2021, 01:40 PM   #43
Goonthree
"TRF" Member

How much is the lady dj?
Goonthree is offline   Reply With Quote