The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 May 2021, 09:00 AM   #1
Kube
"TRF" Member

Watch: Two Tone DJ
Daytona Clasp

I have a year old 116500LN. I wear it on my left wrist. If I grab the right side of the clasp and pull up, pushing it away from my arm, the small metal fastener with the crown on the left always flips up. The bracelet is fitted to my wrist. I can't wear anything long-sleeved without this clasp popping up at least once a day. I sent it to RSC and RSC said the clasp is within their specifications. So much for the Daytona being a sports or tool watch smh.
Kube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2021, 09:29 AM   #2
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

That is how you use the easy link.

Look at the 12 o'clock side of your bracelet, and look at where it connects to the clasp. That weird looking link that attaches to the clasp is the easy link, and it folds over onto itself making the bracelet slightly smaller. What you're doing by pulling up on the other side as you've described, is releasing the easy link, making the bracelet slightly longer (wrist swelling on hot days etc.)
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2021, 01:17 PM   #3
Checking1234
"TRF" Member

He’s not talking about the easy link. Sounds like he’s talking about that piece you show in your profile pic ��
Checking1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2021, 01:46 PM   #4
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checking1234 View Post
He’s not talking about the easy link. Sounds like he’s talking about that piece you show in your profile pic ��
From what I gather, he is saying that pulling up the side opposite of the crown logo releases the crown logo lock (my avi).

So basically he's pulling up on the easy link release, the feature that releases the easy link, but his watch isn't in the closed easy link setting, so it's just annoying as opposed to releasing the easy link.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 08:44 AM   #5
Kube
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
From what I gather, he is saying that pulling up the side opposite of the crown logo releases the crown logo lock (my avi).

So basically he's pulling up on the easy link release, the feature that releases the easy link, but his watch isn't in the closed easy link setting, so it's just annoying as opposed to releasing the easy link.
Yeah, every time I pull up on the side with the easy link release (whether easy link is closed or open), the crown logo lock flips up. Super annoying. 50% of the time I look down on my wrist, the crown logo lock is flipped up lol.
Old 12 May 2021, 08:46 AM   #6
Kube
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checking1234 View Post
Correct. This has nothing to do with opening or closing the easy link. Just has to do with applying any upward pressure to that side of the clasp and fling... the crown lock pops open. Surprised this is considered within Rolex tolerance. I still trust the clasp won't open since the beak and hook system is pretty durable and the only fastening feature on many clasps. But having a crown lock dangling open all the time from daily wear is bothersome.
Old 12 May 2021, 08:54 AM   #7
bp1000
"TRF" Member

This has never happened to me on several ceramic/6 digit watches with and without glide lock.

Doesn’t sound normal at all. Hopefully RSC concede and adjust the tolerance. I shall try this on mine
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 09:32 AM   #8
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too many to list!
Try rotating the clasp (or bracelet) to see if it's less of a problem.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 07:37 AM   #9
Kube
"TRF" Member

I bought it from Tourneau and paid for the timepiece protection plan. After much headache, someone in management authorized a replacement clasp so i'll be getting a new clasp. At first they tried to give me the "Rolex says nothing's wrong with it so we won't replace anything it under the protection plan/protection plan only covers damage" nonsense.