The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 May 2021, 08:53 PM   #1
Allen Mkls
"TRF" Member

HQ to close for 2 weeks

Visited my SA yesterday in wempe (NYC). Displays are mostly empty other than few two tone 31mm DJ and some other non desired pieces. She said things are not going well and in addition Rolex HQ will close for 2 weeks to update their systems (from my understanding their computer systems/software). Anyone else heard of this? Stock will deplete even more. I asked how are things going in terms of inventory she said “before we had normal supply of DJ41 coming in, now even they are pretty much out.” I did notice a nice two tone dj41 with chocolate dial in display-she mentioned that it just came in, figure it will go out quick.
Allen Mkls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2021, 08:57 PM   #2
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Par for the course..... buy all the datejusts available and a SS will magically appear from the safe....
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2021, 09:01 PM   #3
Allen Mkls
"TRF" Member

I came in just to chat cause I knew she was in-not looking for anything at the moment, I did buy several pieces from her which I’m very happy about. I noticed that supply got even worse than few months ago. My last purchase from her was blnr in Jan of this year.
Old 31 May 2021, 09:14 PM   #4
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Mkls View Post
Visited my SA yesterday in wempe (NYC). Displays are mostly empty other than few two tone 31mm DJ and some other non desires pieces. She said things are not going well and in addition Rolex HQ will close for 2 weeks to update their systems.
1. We are selling EVERYTHING faster than ever before AND at full MSRP = Things are not going well.

2. BTW, security guard there said things are great. Super cool dude.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2021, 09:54 PM   #5
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k View Post
1. We are selling EVERYTHING faster than ever before AND at full MSRP = Things are not going well.
Yup. The irony of this thinking amazes me. Things may not be going well for someone trying to buy a SS, but they are indeed going well for Rolex.
Old 31 May 2021, 10:06 PM   #6
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
HQ to close for 2 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Yup. The irony of this thinking amazes me. Things may not be going well for someone trying to buy a SS, but they are indeed going well for Rolex.

People don’t seriously expect SAs to go ‘we’re having a great time selling everything without having to do anything! But sorry, none for you’.

My SA has a well rehearsed apologetic shake of the head followed by a sincere apology that the answer is no.

She hopes it makes people less angry. But she’s doing well indeed.

And like all good SAs, keeping in contact with good customers of long standing and keeping them ready for when the well runs dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2021, 10:09 PM   #7
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
Par for the course..... buy all the datejusts available and a SS will magically appear from the safe....
Indeed my friend. Plenty of stainless models around and all come from the AD. AD’s love to plead this sob story as if they were victims of the “shortage” as well. They apparently think we are too stupid to figure out that all watches in the gray market come from the AD and and of course their supply is replenished daily from the AD.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 12:58 AM   #8
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
Indeed my friend. Plenty of stainless models around and all come from the AD. AD’s love to plead this sob story as if they were victims of the “shortage” as well. They apparently think we are too stupid to figure out that all watches in the gray market come from the AD and and of course their supply is replenished daily from the AD.

True

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 01:42 AM   #9
Calatrava r
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
What is being shipped is sold on arrival at MRSP. But, overall, supply is down, and it is not a great situation for ADs. Empty cases are just that, empty.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 01:57 AM   #10
djyolky
Banned

Empty cases and well stocked safes!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
djyolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 02:09 AM   #11
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
What is being shipped is sold on arrival at MRSP. But, overall, supply is down, and it is not a great situation for ADs. Empty cases are just that, empty.
Come on, Bob. You know better than that.

The actual data shows that swiss watch shipments to North America and Asia are UP from 2019 levels.

For Jan-Apr 2021, shipments are UP 20% to the United States and UP 72% to China from 2019. Europe is down a bit.

But, shipments to big U.S. dealers like Tourneau, WOS, Govberg, Long's, etc. are essentially at an all-time high. And, yes, more professional models than ever before.

Empty cases means more models on are allocation (SAs/Mgt. proactively reach out to customers and offer watches). They don't go out to cases where some guy can walk in off the street and buy a desirable piece.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 02:13 AM   #12
Seaswirl
"TRF" Member

I was talking to my local AD a week or so ago, and she mentioned that their shipments were down as of late. She said that they would typically receive 50 watches per shipment and now it’s down to roughly half. Their display case was sad and not much foot traffic at the other brands’ counters. She said it’s been like this for a while. I’m not in the market for anything, which she knows, so I tend to believe her.
Seaswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 02:24 AM   #13
Watchwoody
"TRF" Member

I was talking with my AD this week and she said that the opposite was true. They have sold more sport models the first half of this year than almost all of last year. And last year they did double 2019. The difference now is that nothing makes it to the case. They can keep everything on allocation for the real customers. Aka anyone who buys diamonds, other brands of watches, etc.
Watchwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 02:26 AM   #14
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchwoody View Post
I was talking with my AD this week and she said that the opposite was true. They have sold more sport models the first half of this year than almost all of last year. And last year they did double 2019. The difference now is that nothing makes it to the case. They can keep everything on allocation for the real customers. Aka anyone who buys diamonds, other brands of watches, etc.
Yea.....I could see Rolex in the diamond business...buy these junk diamonds and then you can get a gmt
Old 1 June 2021, 02:44 AM   #15
whiskyrolex
"TRF" Member

My AD said things were getting so bad out there that we now need 4 threads a week about how Rolex is closing !
whiskyrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 03:03 AM   #16
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
Replenished daily? I see. Your insight is fascinating. And worthless. None of this is confirmed. All of it is worthless speculation. If you find it fun, have at it I guess. Your musings are meaningless in the real world of Rolex dynamics as a company - a world none of us of any real knowledge of.

Ben
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 03:04 AM   #17
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchwoody View Post
I thought the SS allocations were for the grey market. Replenished daily.
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 08:27 AM   #18
Allen Mkls
"TRF" Member

I was more interested to see if anyone heard about HQ being closed for 2 weeks to update their systems…this totally went past everyone ��
Old 1 June 2021, 08:27 AM   #19
illiguy
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

My AD said something similar this week.
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 08:28 AM   #20
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was more interested to see if anyone heard about HQ being closed for 2 weeks to update their systems…this totally went past everyone ��
That was reported last week a few times....computer systems update...
Old 1 June 2021, 08:46 AM   #21
Slackergirl
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM Everose
Quote:
Not sure if Rolex is the same as German car makers, but they all close down for a few weeks a year.
Slackergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 09:05 AM   #22
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Stopped at my AD last Tuesday to shoot the and have coffee. I did ask for a black Milgauss and he said he can't order anything right now but he'll pull through. I have a great AD so l don't ask too many questions, just enough, an inch at a time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote