The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 July 2021, 06:04 PM   #91
IamJacky
"TRF" Member

From the perspective of Rolex I don't think they need to change a thing, the demand for their watches have surged to an unprecedented height, they have been and are doing everything right to have come to this phenomenon.

From the perspective of the buyers though it definitely sucks, but I believe the situation will remain the same if not worsen in the foreseeable future, provided Rolex continues to manufacture similar quantities of watches per annum.

To the people who question how the ADs are going to survive with absolutely zero watches for sale, I believe you are mistaken. The display cases are empty because ADs have sold all of their Rolex watches already; most likely to well established spenders and flippers before any ordinary customer has a chance to even see the watches. Profits were already made, quickly too.

Also, it really doesn't matter if the ADs are saving watches in the safe or not, because the fact is that you and I are not going to get them, so there's no point thinking about it.

I think if one really wants the watch, just buy grey and start enjoying now, at the same time express your interest at your local AD, work on the relationship and whatnot. When you finally get your AD watch at MSRP, just sell the old one - by then you'll probably break even if not getting more than what you paid at grey, worst case scenario probably lose 10-20%?
Old 7 July 2021, 10:18 PM   #92
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langeholic View Post
Almost everything needs a chip nowadays.
Not a Rolex
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 10:32 PM   #93
Longhorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: HULK SMASH
Not surprised about day-dates. If there's an audience even entertaining the idea of 20K kermits and 30k daytonas, it's not too far of a jump to consider a DD.
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote