The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 July 2021, 07:49 PM   #31
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heff View Post
I agree that the issue is irritating. I have just received mine back from service for the date wheel issue, and I still love it. If it happens again, I’ll send it back in. Gives me time for my other watches, and it really only took two weeks to get back.

Once I am out of warranty, if the issue continues then there * might * be a problem.

You’re missing out on a good watch brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fixed it a bit for you.

This is really too much fuss for nothing.

And even if they did refuse (which I doubt) to repair beyond warranty, what's the worst one would have to pay? Like 500 for a service? Big deal...And one that comes with another 2 years of warranty should anything goes wrong? Come on.

I understand the impact on the ownership experience, I've had the problem twice with mine, but really, this is more of a matter to be bitching about and bashing a brand online than a genuine issue.
minute_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 10:01 PM   #32
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
Fixed it a bit for you.

And even if they did refuse (which I doubt) to repair beyond warranty, what's the worst one would have to pay? Like 500 for a service? Big deal...And one that comes with another 2 years of warranty should anything goes wrong? Come on.

I understand the impact on the ownership experience, I've had the problem twice with mine, but really, this is more of a matter to be bitching about and bashing a brand online than a genuine issue.
First, Rolex did refuse to repair my watch a fourth time under warranty. Once the warranty is up...'it's up'. Next, nobody here is bashing the brand, this is about a long-term genuine issue which you yourself admitted to having experienced twice. Three years have gone by and new owners are still coming forward with the same issue. If Rolex has not been able to resolve this in three years of production, why would you think that paying for a $500 service would suddenly "fix it".
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 10:48 PM   #33
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123 View Post
First, Rolex did refuse to repair my watch a fourth time under warranty. Once the warranty is up...'it's up'. Next, nobody here is bashing the brand, this is about a long-term genuine issue which you yourself admitted to having experienced twice. Three years have gone by and new owners are still coming forward with the same issue. If Rolex has not been able to resolve this in three years of production, why would you think that paying for a $500 service would suddenly "fix it".
I've been following your posts and rolex REFUSING TO FIX your watch under warranty is not what I remember. What I DO recall is you quoting your AD that the problem would not be taken care of outside warranty period.
To that claim I will oppose what I have been told by Rolex here and not just "any" AD who wouldn't bother. And that is they will be fixing it EVEN OUTSIDE of warranty. But Don't mind me, as I'm on Tudor's payroll of course
Also, as I understand you've moved your "faulty" piece...
I do sincerely take for granted that you divulged to the buyer this information and caveats you're so ardently insisting upon, in every opportunity here.

minute_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 11:36 PM   #34
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
Quote:
I've been following your posts and rolex REFUSING TO FIX your watch under warranty is not what I remember. What I DO recall is you quoting your AD that the problem would not be taken care of outside warranty period.
To that claim I will oppose what I have been told by Rolex here and not just "any" AD who wouldn't bother. And that is they will be fixing it EVEN OUTSIDE of warranty. But Don't mind me, as I'm on Tudor's payroll of course
Also, as I understand you've moved your "faulty" piece...
I do sincerely take for granted that you divulged to the buyer this information and caveats you're so ardently insisting upon, in every opportunity here.

Rolex never refused to fix my watch under warranty, the issue was that they couldn't fix it. After three attempts, it was time for me to move on. My two year warranty expired and there was nothing else I could do. The AD told me once the warranty is up, I would have to pay out of pocket. Please post here the link from Rolex that they will fix it out of warranty. I then sold it for next to nothing to a relative who knew of the date wheel issue and was not at all bothered by it. I took a loss on it. I just can't stand the thought of wearing a watch with a broken date wheel. Now I wear a Ball GMT and have no date wheel issues. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 12:49 AM   #35
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123 View Post
Not true at all. He is seeking out the ownership experience of the Tudor GMT and he got it. The only hate is here coming from you because you seem to hate if somebody's experience is not perfect. Well, sorry but the date wheel is a genuine issue and for some of us it was never fixed right. Coyly saying "but, silly me, I just sent it in to be fixed and it's worked perfectly ever since", is suggesting that nobody else had that brilliant idea to 'send it in'. Newsflash > I also "sent mine in" three times and 'silly me' was unable to get it fixed properly from Rolex. I also did not get an extended warranty, nor did I ever get an apology from Rolex or the AD. The only thing I did get was an unrepairable defective watch with a warranty that was of no use. This is not hate, these are the facts and the only person here taking this personally is you. The OP can now make an informed decision and decide what is best for him.
Look. I am truly sorry you've had a bad experience with your watch and I can see why you would be sour. I think all of us have had some experience which has soured us, to some point, on a certain product.

I am also sorry if my post offended you. I can promise you, I meant no disrespect to you, or any other member. I try to live my life without hate, so if you're feeling hate, then I will try to do better.

But, I took the OP's post to say he was trying to find a percentage of watches that were afflicted, which is to say he was looking for data, or hard numbers, to base his decision on. And there just isn't any. He really can't make an informed decision based on either your experience, or mine, for that matter.

That's what I was trying to say, and again, it was certainly not my intent to belittle you or anyone else affected by this issue.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 01:15 AM   #36
expy2
"TRF" Member

My much loved (and hard worn) explorer 2 had date issues when I first got it. A few times I noticed the date was between dates. However, I didn't want to have my brand new watch opened so I lived with it (it did it very rarely and always flicked to the correct date eventually). It was a year or two later I realised it didn't do it any more. Ten years on and it still doesn't do it.

Not sure if it is a similar issue, but sometimes these things sort themselves out.
I do remember at the time there were other reports of the explorer/gmt movements doing the same.

I mention this as I wonder if anyone with the BB gmt issue has left it and it has gone away?
expy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 01:35 AM   #37
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Quote:
Originally Posted by expy2 View Post
My much loved (and hard worn) explorer 2 had date issues when I first got it. A few times I noticed the date was between dates. However, I didn't want to have my brand new watch opened so I lived with it (it did it very rarely and always flicked to the correct date eventually). It was a year or two later I realised it didn't do it any more. Ten years on and it still doesn't do it.

Not sure if it is a similar issue, but sometimes these things sort themselves out.
I do remember at the time there were other reports of the explorer/gmt movements doing the same.

I mention this as I wonder if anyone with the BB gmt issue has left it and it has gone away?

You’re correct. There were several reports of the 3186 getting stuck between dates which was attributed to too much lubrication. Another common issue was the 3186 GMT wheel spring breaking.

By the way Michael. None of these issues were ever admitted by Rolex. If you read owners accounts on the forum, they were fixed outside of warranty because it was a known issue.

Enjoy your ball GMT. I am sure it is flawless.
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 03:18 AM   #38
Heff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
Quote:
Fixed it a bit for you.

I agree with you. It’s not really that big of a deal to me. If it’s broke they will fix it. I still love the watch.

Good point about the two year warranty after service.

If Tudor never truly fixes it, then maybe they will either

A. Discontinue the watch.
B. Update it with a new movement.

Either way, Tudor fans will probably go nuts for the model that always had a problem, saying they will be rare and collectible in the future. Same thing as spider dials and other such rare “features” of some models have increased their value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 05:06 AM   #39
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Newer production has new movements.

Gray dealers with older stock may still ship out a few older, bad ones.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote