The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 September 2021, 05:48 AM   #31
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horationelson View Post
I really want to add one of these as well.

But I don’t get the OF (and haven’t seen it in a boutique, so would be buying blind).. I hear great things about it and I know it has metal inside etc, but is it really that much more than a rubber b? Is it durable/ages well? Does it pull on arm hair?!
I wear my BBN on a RubberB and I was like "that's just like an OysterFlex, I'm good".

When I picked up my DJ41 the other day, another rabbit hole was introduced as they had an OF Yachtmaster and I was blown away. TOTALLY not a RubberB, haha.

If you can get your hands on an OF to feel around it, I think you'll understand what I mean. It's awesome.
Old 3 September 2021, 06:15 AM   #32
SWS65SM
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rainbow....CasiOak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horationelson View Post
I really want to add one of these as well.

But I don’t get the OF (and haven’t seen it in a boutique, so would be buying blind).. I hear great things about it and I know it has metal inside etc, but is it really that much more than a rubber b? Is it durable/ages well? Does it pull on arm hair?!
I pretty much held the same thoughts on OF before, until I landed a SkyD on OF myself and the rubber bracelet completely won me over. The little wings underneath the bracelets that just ever so slightly elevate the watch to allow some breathability made all the difference to me, it really is uber comfortable as I sweat a lot... Can't comment on how it'll fare over time, as that's also subjective to how each owner wears his watches, but you should try one on yourself to see.
SWS65SM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2021, 06:19 AM   #33
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Would you buy a hulk at today’s prices? If not I think selling it makes sense to get something you love (and I think is better too).

Selling the others you mentioned seems like a no brainer.

My wedding watch isn’t my original wedding watch… I upgraded the purchased for me op39 with a blnr right after the wedding as I met the owning family of an AD and could then. I don’t think I could move a second one, so selling the first seems reasonable lol.
rlj676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2021, 06:22 AM   #34
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj676 View Post
Would you buy a hulk at today’s prices? If not I think selling it makes sense to get something you love (and I think is better too).

Selling the others you mentioned seems like a no brainer.

My wedding watch isn’t my original wedding watch… I upgraded the purchased for me op39 with a blnr right after the wedding as I met the owning family of an AD and could then. I don’t think I could move a second one, so selling the first seems reasonable lol.
I bought my Hulk for $7600, pre-owned B&P. I would not pay any of today's prices above MSRP for any watch (besides vintage). That's just me.
Old 3 September 2021, 08:09 AM   #35
JSol1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWS65SM View Post
I pretty much held the same thoughts on OF before, until I landed a SkyD on OF myself and the rubber bracelet completely won me over. The little wings underneath the bracelets that just ever so slightly elevate the watch to allow some breathability made all the difference to me, it really is uber comfortable as I sweat a lot... Can't comment on how it'll fare over time, as that's also subjective to how each owner wears his watches, but you should try one on yourself to see.
Have to chime in here. I was very hesitant with paying PM prices for an Oysterflex, especially with a lot of the comments I read here.
Tried one on and my AD let me wear it for about 45 minutes while my wife was doing some shopping. I was sold and bought the Everose YM the next day. Have had it since February and honestly it’s nothing like a rubber bracelet. It is the most comfortable bracelet I own and I have them all…I’m now considering a WG Daytona because of the OF…
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2021, 08:12 AM   #36
dandigangi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Batman
Currently obsessed with all Oyster Flex models. Do it!! Lol

Current:
[116710BLNR, PAM212, Tag Monaco, Navitimer, Casioak]
dandigangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2021, 08:24 AM   #37
MasterBlaster
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster
I really like the Oysterflex Daytona. It's kinda of underrated. I think the black strap with the gold watch looks really cool.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2021, 08:49 AM   #38
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
I bought my Hulk for $7600, pre-owned B&P. I would not pay any of today's prices above MSRP for any watch (besides vintage). That's just me.
If something is worth many times more than you would pay it seems it answers it’s not worth that much to you and could be sold... there’s some economic principle for this I’ve long forgotten the term for.
rlj676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2021, 08:54 AM   #39
prnceofpersia23

Watch: 116500LN
Love the OF models, but wish the Daytona had Glidelock like the YM and SkyD do.
prnceofpersia23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2021, 09:08 AM   #40
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
To answer the question….Yes, I’d consolidate the least worn watches for a PM Daytona. It would make a nice addition to your collection.
Me personally….I’m not a fan of that particular OF Daytona, but if you like it, that’s what counts!
I really like the oysterflex Daytonas, I think they make a great fun/casual piece
rmlovett1 is online now   Reply With Quote