The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 25 August 2021, 08:32 PM   #1
matches
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Tudor 79090

Hi guys

Am looking for a set of original, tritium hands for a Tudor Submariner 79090. Any ideas where might be a good place to start to try and find them?

I've asked a few people online, had a search on ebay, ran a few queries with parts accounts on IG, but its all drawing "no luck" :(

Thanks,
M.
matches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 02:24 AM   #2
Cantab
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your 6
Check VRF: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vint...e5f25eed3f863b
Cantab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 07:09 PM   #3
ELLimon
"TRF" Member

Tudor 79090

I have a set…. They are not for sale… as I know at some time I’ll get a 79090 with missing hands. (I don’t own a 79090 yet).

I’ll let them go for a price that makes me forget why I have them in the first place.

ELLimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 08:03 PM   #4
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
ELLEMONs post should be TRFs post if the day. First not for sale. Then says he anticipates getting a 79090 without hands. Sound likely. Then asks for an offer in a pretty weird way. Nice. Anyway this whole string should be a WTB conversation but the 79090 is my favorite so here I am.
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 02:13 AM   #5
ELLimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry in montreal View Post
ELLEMONs post should be TRFs post if the day. First not for sale. Then says he anticipates getting a 79090 without hands. Sound likely. Then asks for an offer in a pretty weird way. Nice. Anyway this whole string should be a WTB conversation but the 79090 is my favorite so here I am.

My 79600 I got it with wrong hands and missing pip; this slowed me to get it at a good price. (Discounted by several 1000s).

I have a 7016, 9411 and 79600, it stands to reason I’ll try getting a 79090 at some time.
ELLimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 09:06 PM   #6
matches
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This post made me laugh very hard. Thank you
Old 27 August 2021, 09:07 PM   #7
matches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLimon View Post
I have a set…. They are not for sale… as I know at some time I’ll get a 79090 with missing hands. (I don’t own a 79090 yet).

I’ll let them go for a price that makes me forget why I have them in the first place.

Are these tritium? They appear more whitish and make me think they might be service hands? Not casting any definitive judgment, but just curious to know.
Old 27 August 2021, 11:56 PM   #8
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
Nice collection of subs. I’ve owned a 76100 (I think you said 79600, but I think you meant 76100), and the lume always falls out of the hour hand. I’d just leave the hands in there and maybe watch eBay for a good 76100 hour hand. I have a Rolex luminova set of hands for my 9411 but the dial is eggshell tritium. My old watchmaker distroyed my hands. I need a good set of eggshell snowflake hands. Good luck in your search
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2021, 12:17 AM   #9
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Quote:
I have hands. They are not for sale. I get asked for Tudor stuff all the time. Probably have sold more than I should ; )
Old 30 August 2021, 12:31 AM   #10
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Great thread. I don't have a set of hands for this watch, but if I did, I wouldn't sell them to the OP either. Unless he made me a crazy offer. Maybe.
Old 3 September 2021, 08:04 AM   #11
matches
"TRF" Member

Lol
Old 4 September 2021, 10:37 AM   #12
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by matches View Post
Lol

I have made the mistake in the past too many times of selling ALL my sets of something, only needing to hunt for them again. So I make sure I hold onto one set these days. If I had 2 sets, I'd sell you one.
Old 5 September 2021, 04:11 PM   #13
tekno
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor Snowflake
Quote:
Originally Posted by linesiders View Post

I have made the mistake in the past too many times of selling ALL my sets of something, only needing to hunt for them again. So I make sure I hold onto one set these days. If I had 2 sets, I'd sell you one.

We all have things that aren’t for sale… that end up sold when someone’s desire to own said item outweighs your desire to keep it. In dollars.
That’s the best “make me an offer” I have ever seen, anywhere.

In my other hobbies/true addictions, items are so scarce you can’t really buy anything really uncommon/rare - only trade. With equally sick people.

Let’s see the hands on watch, Do they glow - I assume? Can you relume the service hands for the time being?

Tritium hands can be white. The 79090 isn’t that old of watch. I think you can find hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tekno is offline   Reply With Quote