The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 July 2021, 07:07 AM   #31
aayates
"TRF" Member

I wouldn't worry about it. Remember there are 1,440 minutes in a day. Your watch is 192 minutes fast per day. That's only 13.33% off. Now a days, Rolexes are little more than $$$ ### things for investors and not.....

(Sorry I couldn't resist).

Send it in under warranty.
aayates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 07:13 AM   #32
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiDoon View Post
I sent it in to the Dallas RSC. It should arrive there today. Then I will have to wait to see what they say.
Do not expect them to tell you 'what' was wrong with it. RSC's are well known for having a habit of not passing along such information.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 05:49 PM   #33
Arlchrono
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214270Explorer View Post
Do not expect them to tell you 'what' was wrong with it. RSC's are well known for having a habit of not passing along such information.
+1, they hardly do.
Arlchrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 06:23 PM   #34
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aayates View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. Remember there are 1,440 minutes in a day. Your watch is 192 minutes fast per day. That's only 13.33% off. Now a days, Rolexes are little more than $$$ ### things for investors and not.....

Ouch!!

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 06:36 PM   #35
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayates View Post

One of the top-notch answers.
Bravo!
saxo3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 05:36 AM   #36
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMP mast
Quote:
I downloaded that app and it says "no magnetism detected."

How on Earth can an app detect magnetism? I’ve heard it all now. It’s either magnetised or damaged. Either way it’s beyond your expertise to sort it out without help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 05:50 AM   #37
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
Your watch is NOT magnetized. Read that sentence one more time.

Send it in under warranty and stop listening to the "it is magnetized" crowd.
You "may" have lube stuck between two coils of the balance spring, as one possibility for such an immense time gain.
Agreed, funny everyone yells magnetized, it may be the above or the simple fact that SD43 movement does have issues which Rolex can easily remediate.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 05:51 AM   #38
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
This is correct also, but it will be fixed and back better than ever, it seems that there was only two actually helpful answers in this entire thread.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 05:55 AM   #39
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
SD43 running EXTREMELY fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddypeepa View Post
How on Earth can an app detect magnetism? I’ve heard it all now. It’s either magnetised or damaged. Either way it’s beyond your expertise to sort it out without help.

There is a magnetic sensor inside the smart phone. The app accesses the data and displays it to be used as a scaled strength indication. Pics below are baseline reading of 40 and then I held a small benchtop tool near it. Actual magnets read in the 1000s.

Old 14 July 2021, 06:07 AM   #40
173rdabn
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 216570 Explorer II
Send it to RSC. It's under warranty.
173rdabn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 06:07 AM   #41
Kowaco
"TRF" Member

Watch: G Shock
I had a new Sub that did that. I took it back and they said I must have knocked it on something. It was new so they repaired it but never said what the problem was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kowaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 06:16 AM   #42
Das
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
There is a magnetic sensor inside the smart phone. The app accesses the data and displays it to be used as a scaled strength indication. Pics below are baseline reading of 40 and then I held a small benchtop tool near it. Actual magnets read in the 1000s.

Downloaded an app that shows all the sensors on my 4 year old smartphone. Was amazed what this thing listed!
Das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 07:01 AM   #43
cjohns
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Well took my 16710 in for an evaluation because thinking about letting it go and the AD watchmaker of 30+ years ran a tape on it and it turned out to be out of spec and he wanted to adjust it. So I did took it home wore it for a few days 100% nuts on put it back on the winder which just happens to be ..yep in the cabinet over the microwave ! Took it out a couple of weeks later and it was running like a Jack Rabbit. took it back in, it was magnetized !!! he took it back demagnetized it runs great.
NIB Sub ND SOLD,,Shouldn't have!!!Crap!
cjohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2021, 02:49 PM   #44
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Use this app all the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210717_004841.jpg (41.9 KB, 170 views)
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2021, 09:21 AM   #45
MiDoon
"TRF" Member

I wanted to give an update on this SD43 of mine. I sent it to the Dallas service center back in mid July for warranty repair. They had it for a total of 6 Weeks. I was contacted and told it was repaired and ready to ship to me. They shipped it back overnight delivery from Fedex.

The young lady I spoke with had no notes and could not tell me anything about what was wrong or what was repaired. I received it this past Wednesday and have been wearing it for 4 days now. In those four days it has gained about 3 seconds.

I have noticed that the crown when pulled out seems firmer and each click seems more defined as I go from winding to date set to time set. I have a feeling they may have replaced this part.

For the record I did try out that Lepsi app and it showed no magnetization.

Thank you all for the information provided.
MiDoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2021, 11:09 AM   #46
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
I wanted to give an update on this SD43 of mine. I sent it to the Dallas service center back in mid July for warranty repair. They had it for a total of 6 Weeks. I was contacted and told it was repaired and ready to ship to me. They shipped it back overnight delivery from Fedex.

The young lady I spoke with had no notes and could not tell me anything about what was wrong or what was repaired. I received it this past Wednesday and have been wearing it for 4 days now. In those four days it has gained about 3 seconds.

I have noticed that the crown when pulled out seems firmer and each click seems more defined as I go from winding to date set to time set. I have a feeling they may have replaced this part.

For the record I did try out that Lepsi app and it showed no magnetization.

Thank you all for the information provided.
Good to hear it's repaired. So, there was no question or issue with the warranty card through Dallas? That's the first I heard of the warranty issue due to name on card.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2021, 09:40 PM   #47
saxo3
"TRF" Member

SD43 running EXTREMELY fast

Congrats that it is repaired.
As usual, no RSC feedback what was done.
Keep an eye on the timekkeping, either with an App or a TG.
saxo3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 01:37 PM   #48
MiDoon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post
Good to hear it's repaired. So, there was no question or issue with the warranty card through Dallas? That's the first I heard of the warranty issue due to name on card.

Dallas service center has no issues with it. So far this SD is running less than one second fast per day.

Funny thing though. There is no name on the warranty card.

MiDoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2021, 12:01 AM   #49
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post

I have always been a bit reluctant about deliberately putting my watches in very close proximity of my mobile phone in case it caused a problem, though I can't recall where precisely I picked that "advice" up. Good to know its not an issue?
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2021, 12:20 AM   #50
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Belated congratulations on getting the issue resolved OP
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2021, 12:37 AM   #51
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
So my SD43 is running very fast. It is running about 8 minutes FAST per hour. Not 8 seconds, but 8 minutes.

The watch had kept near perfect time for as long as I have owned it. The only difference is that I had accidentally left the crown out in the winding position for an unknown period of time. I had it is a small protective watch case in my golf bag during a round. It wasn't moving at all while in the bag because I also had my rain suit stuffed in there.

I put it in the box and let it sit for several days so that it stopped running. Today I set it and wound it enough for it to run but that didn't help at all.

The watch is under warranty but I was wondering if there is something I'm not aware of here.
Glad your watch is now fixed but find it very hard to believe it was running 8 minutes per hour fast. There must have been something seriously wrong with the movement to run that fast. And would doubt if it was magnetised if you believe what Rolex states about the parachrom hairspring which is the main culprit normally when magnetised. In general when magnetised watch does speed up, but run very very erratic, and not like yours as you state 8 minutes every hour.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
126600 , beating fast