The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 December 2021, 05:45 AM   #1
shimps1
"TRF" Member

126610LN Bracelet Sizing

I have the opportunity to buy a 126610LN from a friend who recently bought it new from an AD, but has changed his mind on it. The AD sized it for him when he purchased. I have significantly larger wrists than he does, so I'd need to have the two links they took out, added back in.

However, before we complete this deal, I want to make sure that the watch will fit after adding those links back. We don't have the tools on hand to add the links ourselves, and since the local AD is the only one in the state for us, it would be an awkward conversation for him to walk back in there and ask for links to be added, so soon after purchase.

I have large wrists, roughly 8.25". Would a 126610LN with all links, and the Glidelock slid all the way out, fit my wrist?
shimps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 06:05 AM   #2
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
12 series bracelets shorter than 11 series .About a link .

I have 7.9 inch wrist and have to use the glidelock with all links in the bracelet .12 series.

I think with glidelock at max length ,it may just fit your 8.25 wrist .

Buy the watch and just get a extra link if needed .Its easy to get the links from an AD .They just order.
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 06:14 AM   #3
skipstar
"TRF" Member

Watch: My first, Sub Date
Yes it will fit. I have a 8.25 wrist as well and I wear the LV with no issues.
Old 17 December 2021, 06:17 AM   #4
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
It would bug me to have to wear the glidelock all the way out as you can use it as it was intended. My guess is you’ll want to add links anyways
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 07:17 AM   #5
shimps1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipstar View Post
Yes it will fit. I have a 8.25 wrist as well and I wear the LV with no issues.
Thanks! With no extra links?

I'm trying to avoid a situation where I go to the AD and order an extra link for a Sub, even though I'm on the list with them for a Sub. Would be a weird situation.
Old 17 December 2021, 08:12 AM   #6
Tanalasta
"TRF" Member

126610LN Bracelet Sizing

Just go into the AD and be sized up.

You don’t need to mention the provenance of the watch or bring the warranty cards or date of sale. Unless they check the serial number with their own records they would just assume you got it grey.

If they do recognise the serial your friend may not score brownie points with the dealer but it should not reflect on you in any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tanalasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 12:05 PM   #7
shimps1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanalasta View Post
Just go into the AD and be sized up.

You don’t need to mention the provenance of the watch or bring the warranty cards or date of sale. Unless they check the serial number with their own records they would just assume you got it grey.

If they do recognise the serial your friend may not score brownie points with the dealer but it should not reflect on you in any way.

AD is the only one in the state, and my friend is obviously doing me a favor by selling it to me at cost instead of flipping it online. I'd rather not risk my friends reputation. I do get that it's easy to do. I am also on the list for a Sub at the AD and would prefer the AD doesn't connect the dots. I want to have access to watches in the future from them.
Old 17 December 2021, 12:07 PM   #8
SaintMickey
Banned

I have a 7.25" wrist and had to remove zero links. I set the glidelock on the smallest setting it fits perfect and the clasp fits perfect on the wrist.

Not sure how that will help but a POR.
SaintMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 01:56 PM   #9
Michael T
2024 Pledge Member

Three questions. What is your friends wrist size? Do they still have the two links? Where in the clasp in the Glidelock attaching now? With those three questions I think the group can give you a more precise answer.
Michael T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 02:07 PM   #10
YTimepiece
"TRF" Member

Watch: Can't answer that
I have an 8.25” wrist and the same watch. I ordered 2 extra links which allows me to have the clasp exactly in the middle of my wrist with the glide out about one click during the winter. You can wear it fully linked all the way out but you have to move a few links around to center it. I would do that for now and order a couple links.
YTimepiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 02:12 PM   #11
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Links are easy to get. You can find a watch maker with a Rolex parts account. If you have any issues, someone can always order them for you from here. I can ping my dealer if you need help but honestly it should be pretty easy to find links. eBay is also another route to go. I wouldn’t worry too much about the links, it’s an easy fix.
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 02:24 PM   #12
shimps1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
Three questions. What is your friends wrist size? Do they still have the two links? Where in the clasp in the Glidelock attaching now? With those three questions I think the group can give you a more precise answer.
Unfortunately the only answer I have is yes, they do have the two links.
Old 17 December 2021, 02:40 PM   #13
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMickey View Post
I have a 7.25" wrist and had to remove zero links. I set the glidelock on the smallest setting it fits perfect and the clasp fits perfect on the wrist.

Not sure how that will help but a POR.
I have 7.9 inch wrists and wear a 116610LN with all links and glidelock on smallest .
When I picked up the 124060 ,it was the first thing I noticed .Rolex shortened the 12 series bracelets !! On the 126610LV the same as the 124060.
Old 17 December 2021, 02:42 PM   #14
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

My friend,with 8.25 inch wrists the DSSD and SD50th were made for YOU!

My 116660 black remains a favourite wearer.
Old 17 December 2021, 04:40 PM   #15
tyler_win
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi, Bluesy
Have another jeweler put the links in for you to see if it fits. If not, purchase extra links online. This should avoid having to go back to the AD.
tyler_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 06:40 PM   #16
Tanalasta
"TRF" Member

It would likely just fit with all links in and glide lock out.

You can buy the bergeon tweezer tool and do it yourself. Probably better with one extra link but ymmv

Tanalasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2021, 07:09 PM   #17
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimps1 View Post
AD is the only one in the state, and my friend is obviously doing me a favor by selling it to me at cost instead of flipping it online. I'd rather not risk my friends reputation. I do get that it's easy to do. I am also on the list for a Sub at the AD and would prefer the AD doesn't connect the dots. I want to have access to watches in the future from them.
Why do you still need to be on the list for a Sub if you’ve got your friend’s Sub at list price?
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote