The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 14 December 2021, 10:13 PM   #1
x2046
"TRF" Member

WTS: Ulysse Nardin Monopusher Chronograph 381-88 Full Kit

Price: USD 13,800.00

Description

This is the Ulysse Nardin Monopusher Chronograph reference 381-88. The original Ulysse Nardin Monopusher was released as part of a trio in white, yellow and rose gold to celebrate the 175th anniversary of the birth of the founder, Ulysse Nardin himself. The 381-88 is likely a derivative of the original 175th anniversary monopusher, though not much else has been made public with regards to the variants or the quantity produced. What is certain, however, is that this is not a common watch. Aesthetically, the watch is beautifully symmetrical. The dial is enamel with an outer pulsation scale and two subdials. Though there has been some contradictory reports on the production of the movement, they have all undeniably been credited to the legendary FP Journe. Some say that the movement was created by the renowned THA group, which consisted of the brilliant Denis Flageollet and Vianney Halter alongside FP himself. They have all since gone their separate ways and has achieved individual success. However, it appears the movement was created by Journe at La Joux-Perret (LJP) instead. Regardless, given Journe’s fingerprints on the movement and the scarcity of its availability, this timepiece is likely one of the most collectible from the Ulysse Nardin Brand.

Condition

This Ulysse Nardin Monopusher is in very good pre-owned condition with minimal signs of prior wear. The yellow gold case appears unpolished, with some hairlines from prior wear on the case side and the lugs. The dial is clean and the sapphire crystals on the front and caseback remains flawless. It also comes in a full set of original box and open papers and retains the original Ulysse Nardin strap and 18k gold buckle.

Specifications

Brand Ulysse Nardin

Model Monopusher Chronograph

Reference 381-88

Case 37

Movement Manual Wind

Case material Yellow Gold

Bracelet material Leather

Year circa 2000s

Condition Very Good

Accessories Original Box and Papers

Limited No. Discontinued.

I am based in Singapore, I have some references which I am happy to share privately. I have references on Reddit / TRF / WUS as well and also sell on Chrono24.

Please let me know if you have any questions through the PM system or via my Instagram @dtimepieces or through my website https://www.d-timepieces.com/

Old 22 December 2021, 12:01 AM   #2
x2046
"TRF" Member

sold