The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 January 2022, 10:51 AM   #61
SaddleSC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwjez14 View Post
Those are some great photos ! Great collection! Do you plan to add a Pm or stay as is ?
Thank you for the kind words! I have gone the PM route with my 116619LB Smurf back in 2015. I sold it last year because, although it was an absolute beauty, I just prefer the weight (and fully brushed bracelet) of stainless steel on the wrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakk001 View Post
Congratulations! Totally agree with you.
Thank you, sir!
Old 5 January 2022, 01:29 PM   #62
mathurss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaddleSC View Post
I was fortunate to be able to add the new 126710 GMT BLNR ("Batgirl") to my collection on New Year's Eve (about 5 hours before the 11% price increase was officially announced). In short, I am really blown away by this watch for one very simple reason!

I have owned the modern, ceramic GMT on three previous occasions over the last ten years. I owned the 116710LN (with the black bezel) twice and also owned the original Batman 116710BLNR. Those watches never really clicked with me because I tended to prefer the brushed oyster bracelet with Glidelock on my Submariners. So, for me, the star of the show on this new reference is the Jubilee bracelet...it has totally transformed this watch.

First, I find the Jubilee to be more comfortable than the Oyster and for smaller wrists, the end links drop more quickly from the case making it fit like a dream;

Second, and most importantly, the Jubilee distinguishes this GMT from all my other Rolex sport models, including the Submariner. When I owned the GMT on Oyster, it always just felt a bit redundant in my collection. This GMT is something completely different…it wears differently, it adds a bit of flair, and it gives the watch its own unique identity.

If you only have one Rolex, then the Oyster would be a great choice for the GMT, but if you own other sport models on Oyster, the GMT on Jubilee has a more distinct personality and adds something completely different to a collection full of Oyster bracelets.

I know that I am still squarely in the "honeymoon phase" with this watch but something just feels different. I feel content. I feel like I finally understand what the GMT Master is all about and I am thrilled with it!

Great purchase OP!

I think you’re spot in regards to the fit of the jubilee, and I agree on it for diversity in my collection too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mathurss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2022, 08:27 PM   #63
gold&black
"TRF" Member

Have the exact same watch on ice at the moment and agree I prefer the jubilee over the oyster on the GMT.
gold&black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2022, 08:46 AM   #64
JSol1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I completely agree and came to the same conclusion when I had the choice this summer. Although variation of bracelets was my initial motive, I’ve come to appreciate the look it gives the watch.
Congratulations and enjoy!
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2022, 09:39 AM   #65
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Congrats! Nice collection too
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2022, 01:50 AM   #66
SaddleSC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold&black View Post
Have the exact same watch on ice at the moment and agree I prefer the jubilee over the oyster on the GMT.
It is hard to beat the comfort and looks of the Jubilee for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSol1 View Post
I completely agree and came to the same conclusion when I had the choice this summer. Although variation of bracelets was my initial motive, I’ve come to appreciate the look it gives the watch.
Congratulations and enjoy!
Thank you, sir! I agree...initially my logic was variety, but I am starting to just prefer the jubilee in general and if the GMT was my only Rolex, I would definitely go Jubilee now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
Congrats! Nice collection too
Thank you, my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantDaddy View Post
Sorry but that Rhodium Yachtmaster is the true star
Haha...thank you, sir! The rhodium dial is an absolute stunner, no doubt!