The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 October 2021, 08:36 PM   #31
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcampado View Post
Bosphorus IS the way to go

https://www.bosphorusleather.com/
Having looked at absolutely everything that’s out there nothing comes close to these guys. In fact second place is a distant second place to this company. I highly recommend all of you take a deep look at this man’s website and compare his work to other luxury manufacturers and then compare pricing. The owner is a humble small businessman in Turkey. I see people posting lots of different examples of watch rolls but if you take an honest look at Bosphorus Leather compared to what you have you’ll see there’s no comparison. It’s just not close. And then when you see his pricing it’s an absolute no brainer.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2021, 09:37 PM   #32
Langer88
"TRF" Member

Another vote for Everest. I’ve got their new release box on pre-order too… worth checking out if you favour a box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Langer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2021, 09:45 PM   #33
Becweb
Banned

Nice stuff indeed but since Turkey turned Hagya Sophia into a mosque, I decided to boycott everything turkish, from food to products to women. This watch case falls in the products category.

I would recommend Wolf, they have great quality products at decent prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Having looked at absolutely everything that’s out there nothing comes close to these guys. In fact second place is a distant second place to this company. I highly recommend all of you take a deep look at this man’s website and compare his work to other luxury manufacturers and then compare pricing. The owner is a humble small businessman in Turkey. I see people posting lots of different examples of watch rolls but if you take an honest look at Bosphorus Leather compared to what you have you’ll see there’s no comparison. It’s just not close. And then when you see his pricing it’s an absolute no brainer.
Becweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2021, 09:56 PM   #34
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becweb View Post
Nice stuff indeed but since Turkey turned Hagya Sophia into a mosque, I decided to boycott everything turkish, from food to products to women. This watch case falls in the products category.

I would recommend Wolf, they have great quality products at decent prices.
Not really in the same league so it’s not fair to Wolf to compare them to Bosphorus Leather

The owner of Bosphorus Leather has nothing to do with what you mentioned. I’m not really sure why anyone would boycott his products for something he had nothing to do with. But that’s your choice.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2021, 10:18 PM   #35
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lis View Post
As my collection is growing slowly, I'm now looking for a good watch roll or box to keep the watches in. Any suggestions? I did look at Bosphorus leathers, which seems nice, wondering what else is out there that people like. Right now I have about 4 watches I wear on rotation and 2 others that just sit there...
Watches sure get a very pampered life today, with special watch rolls or boxes.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2021, 10:51 PM   #36
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Watches sure get a very pampered life today, with special watch rolls or boxes.

This gives me anxiety

Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2021, 10:54 PM   #37
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Such a broad spectrum depending on price range.
Lower end but great quality = Wolf.
Higher end next level quality = Bosphorus Leather.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2021, 11:30 PM   #38
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Couldn’t have said it better and couldn’t agree more Brett. As a matter of fact I believe I learned about Bosphorus from a thread that you commented on quite some time ago. One of the many reasons why I love TRF
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2021, 11:30 PM   #39
Bitmover
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSomething View Post
It really depends what you're looking for in a watch roll and how you're going to use it. I have tried just about every watch roll on the market.

Is leather quality a priority to you? Do you want real proper European leather with natural suede lining or are you happy with plastic fake leather and a fabric interior?

Even between real leathers there is a huge difference in quality depending on the origin of the cows. European leather is highly regarded for its quality.

90% of the market for watch rolls is flooded with Chinese product that cost $13 in production and is re-sold anywhere from $60-300. If you're just looking for the cheapest solution to put your $30,000 watch collection in, don't care about quality materials, then you might be fine with these.

If a brand-name includes the word "luxury", or sounds generic, there's a pretty high probability this will be a Chinese made roll.

If the origin of manufacture isn't disclosed, there's again a high probability you are buying a Chinese made roll, either using fake leather (or low quality Asian bovine leather) and cheap fabric/velvet/microfiber for the inside lining.

Most Chinese made rolls will also come with a very strong chemical smell, due to low quality non-water based glue. This should go away but will probably take a few weeks/months in some cases.

Then there's the whole sizing issue, if you have slim wrists or overly large wrists the pillows may either be too small or too big for your watches. The watches themselves might also be too big for some rolls. I've tried a few rolls that wouldn't fit AP Offshores and others where an Omega clasp was too bit to fit under the pillow.

When the inside uses fabric/velvet instead of real suede, the watches won't "stick" to the pillows and easily slide around (if the watch doesn't have a tight fit on the pillow).

Will you actually use the watch roll for travel or just for display? If you plan on packing your roll into your bag, you might not want to look for watch rolls where the end-pieces of the walls are like this:

With the wrap-around leather sticking out like this, the edges are quickly going to wear out from rubbing against other stuff in your bag. If you're a true traveler, ideally you would look for edges that are sticking out or the very least are flush. When the side walls poke out a bit, it might look less "perfect" but it's an added buffer to protect the longevity of your roll.

Do you want buttons? Do you want a slide system? The slides are smart and practical but after enough use you eventually will start to tear the fabric on the sliding system (there are a few videos on youtube about this)

Some rolls also just come with a long soft cylinder to wrap your watches around (Louis Vuitton) and this causes the watches to bang against each other. You might want to reconsider those kinds. Wolf has a smart system with a divider but every time you want to access the middle watch, you need to take out the watch next to it which can be bothersome.

My advice: If you care about quality (which I guess most of us do here on a Rolex forum), look for brands that disclose where their product is made, what kind of leather is used and what the interior material is.

Prices for a high quality watch roll typically start at $230-400 and there's a very good reason for that. The difference in material quality is staggering and that of course comes at a higher cost. If that's important, there's no way around it.

Personally; The bigger price point is worth it to me as I find great pleasure in grabbing a watch roll, that is made of soft Italian leather, with a quality feel to the touch and a nice smell of natural leather. After all, watches are luxury items, why shouldn't they be stored in a luxurious way.

Hope this big write-up helped some of you.

Thanks for this! This is exactly what I’ve been struggling with. Do you have any recommendations based on your experience for a roll and a watch box?
Bitmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2021, 12:34 AM   #40
VonSomething
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitmover View Post
Thanks for this! This is exactly what I’ve been struggling with. Do you have any recommendations based on your experience for a roll and a watch box?
Sure I do, but first my recommendation would depend on a few factors:

1) Wristsize

2) Watches you plan on using it with, how many slots needed? (Some rolls only support up to 11mm thick watches, others max 45mm diameter pieces)

2) For travel or for display around the house?

3) Important to have real leather? Preference to interior? (Natural suede, alcantara, velvet?)

4) Budget? - Budget is probably the deciding factor in terms of point #4

Feel free to send a PM instead if you're more comfortable with that.

Bospherus, as many mentioned, is a good product. Decent leather quality (the leather is not super high-end but i guess 'OK').

I'm not a big fan of how the wall-pieces are attached. Meaning that the ends flap down when not connected and that the middle pieces aren't fixed -i.e. you can remove it completely out of the roll. That's just my own personal preference though.

They smell great, but that is more attributed to the tanning process, than it is the leather quality.

A plus is that the pillows are stitched as opposed to some brands just gluing them. (Cheap chinese rolls... and even Patek..)
VonSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2021, 05:56 AM   #41
Bitmover
"TRF" Member

Suggestion for watch box/rolls?

Quote:
Sure I do, but first my recommendation would depend on a few factors:

1) Wristsize

2) Watches you plan on using it with, how many slots needed? (Some rolls only support up to 11mm thick watches, others max 45mm diameter pieces)

3) Important to have real leather? Preference to interior? (Natural suede, alcantara, velvet?)

Feel free to send a PM instead if you're more comfortable with that.

Bospherus, as many mentioned, is a good product. Decent leather quality (the leather is not super high-end but i guess 'OK').

I'm not a big fan of how the wall-pieces are attached. Meaning that the ends flap down when not connected and that the middle pieces aren't fixed -i.e. you can remove it completely out of the roll. That's just my own personal preference though.

They smell great, but that is more attributed to the tanning process, than it is the leather quality.

A plus is that the pillows are stitched as opposed to some brands just gluing them. (Cheap chinese rolls... and even Patek..)
Thanks!

I’m looking for a box, I’m probably too particular so I’m willing to compromise on the below if necessary.

1) Wristsize

7”

6-9 40/42mm sport watch’s mostly, might get a bigger watch one day but doubtful. Mostly on bracelets if that matters.

Display around the house. It would primarily sit on a shelf around chest height so it would be nice if the watches could be angled or the box could sit vertically. Lid is optional and it would be nice to have a little compartment for straps.

For pillows I like how the Rolex ones have wings so the watch looks snug but not bunched up.

I like a mix of classic but not antique, and modern but not techy, no carbon fiber or swoopy lines.

Yeah, people rave about the Bosporus, but they just don’t do it for me personally.

I probably would have pulled the trigger on this if it was a 6 slot.

https://charles-simon.com/collection...eaton-graphite

I also kinda liked this:

Real leather or wood for the box, natural suede preferred or alcantara.

Under $1,000?

Thanks for any advice! I know I’m probably asking for a lot.
Old 18 October 2021, 03:03 PM   #42
VonSomething
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitmover View Post
Thanks!

I’m looking for a box, I’m probably too particular so I’m willing to compromise on the below if necessary.

1) Wristsize

7”

6-9 40/42mm sport watch’s mostly, might get a bigger watch one day but doubtful. Mostly on bracelets if that matters.

Display around the house. It would primarily sit on a shelf around chest height so it would be nice if the watches could be angled or the box could sit vertically. Lid is optional and it would be nice to have a little compartment for straps.

For pillows I like how the Rolex ones have wings so the watch looks snug but not bunched up.

I like a mix of classic but not antique, and modern but not techy, no carbon fiber or swoopy lines.

Yeah, people rave about the Bosporus, but they just don’t do it for me personally.

I probably would have pulled the trigger on this if it was a 6 slot.

https://charles-simon.com/collection...eaton-graphite

I also kinda liked this:

Real leather or wood for the box, natural suede preferred or alcantara.

Under $1,000?

Thanks for any advice! I know I’m probably asking for a lot.
For cases I'm afraid I'm not a huge expert but I know that the Charles Simon ones are incredible. Nothing comes close to those.

Other contenders could be Wolf with their Analog/Shift Collection - It's fake leather though and very obvious to see.

Underwood London could be another possibility but not so many available colours. It doesn't mention what leather is used for the outside but since they're made in Italy I suppose it's a decent quality.

A final alternative could be going on Etsy (Search; leather watch box) and working directly with one of the sellers to customize something for you.

There are actually some decent looking products out there, here are a few that I found (Leather is probably not the best but I imagine getting in touch with the seller, asking for better options, they could find better ones):

VonSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2021, 03:54 PM   #43
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
If your budget allows its hard to go past Bosphorus for either a roll or a case
You'll be waiting a while if you don't pick something from the "Next Day Shipping" section on their website though
Everything is hand made to order but they are very helpful and happy to walk you through your interior and exterior color/material options if you drop them a line
Polar Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2021, 10:58 PM   #44
Kevin of Larchmont
Banned

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
I’m not a fan of Wolf winders but their Windsor watch box is very nicely done, different sizes up to fifteen watches. Essentially it’s vinyl and nylon but the build quality is excellent. You can buy direct from Wolf or from Amazon prime with free returns if you don’t like it.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 01:36 AM   #45
PalmTreeVIP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
I just ordered this.
https://www.mirageluxurytravel.com/c...r-4-watch-roll

I really can't review it until it arrives, but it gets a lot of positive reviews on in the internet.

Admittedly, it's a lot cheaper than what others are suggesting...so no doubt it might not be the best option...
I have one and think its a fantastic
PalmTreeVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 02:05 AM   #46
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
For cases I'm afraid I'm not a huge expert but I know that the Charles Simon ones are incredible. Nothing comes close to those.

Other contenders could be Wolf with their Analog/Shift Collection - It's fake leather though and very obvious to see.

Underwood London could be another possibility but not so many available colours. It doesn't mention what leather is used for the outside but since they're made in Italy I suppose it's a decent quality.

A final alternative could be going on Etsy (Search; leather watch box) and working directly with one of the sellers to customize something for you.

There are actually some decent looking products out there, here are a few that I found (Leather is probably not the best but I imagine getting in touch with the seller, asking for better options, they could find better ones):

These wooden / glass top watch boxes are exactly what I am looking for. What brand are these, may I ask ? I did not find them on the Charles Simon website. Thanks.
Big Tex Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 02:12 AM   #47
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

While searching to find if Elie Bleu made watch boxes (I could not find that they did), I came across some beautiful looking watch boxes from Rapport London ...
does anyone have any experience in ownership of these boxes ?
Big Tex Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 03:01 AM   #48
Bitmover
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thanks for the recommendations, I feel like we’re of the same mind!

I really liked the analog shift boxes, especially the cork one but the A/S branding was a no go. I might be able to buff the logo off the plate though.

I spent a long time pouring over Etsy but either they were too unrefined or they looked like they were just buying cheap boxes on alibaba and reselling them.

Since my last post I did find this which might be an option.

https://www.abpconcept.paris/collect...e-cuir-leather

I also reached out to Charles Simon and they said they were releasing new case sizes too, so I might just hold off till those come out.
Old 19 October 2021, 03:27 AM   #49
Bitmover
"TRF" Member

Suggestion for watch box/rolls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
If your budget allows its hard to go past Bosphorus for either a roll or a case
You'll be waiting a while if you don't pick something from the "Next Day Shipping" section on their website though
Everything is hand made to order but they are very helpful and happy to walk you through your interior and exterior color/material options if you drop them a line

I can’t argue the quality but the style of their cases just aren’t for me. Wish they were!
Old 19 October 2021, 11:49 PM   #50
Blueline226
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV, DaytonaC
I had Steve at Bedo’s Leatherworks make me a travel watch case out of a Saddleback Leather bag. I have several Saddleback pieces and wanted them to match. Steve is a great guy to work with and a true master of his craft. I was very impressed with what he came up with after our discussions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 88F54835-1A06-4952-BAA3-0B73C4703B12.jpeg (121.4 KB, 402 views)
File Type: jpeg 5DA88D08-A158-4612-A506-6868BA3E0D62.jpeg (222.7 KB, 408 views)
File Type: jpeg 748F0F25-1CD9-4277-84B3-C87F5A497904.jpeg (114.9 KB, 409 views)
Blueline226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 12:17 AM   #51
Oska25
"TRF" Member

Bennet Winch

Made in The U.K

Tuscan leather and Alcantara

https://www.bennettwinch.com/collections/the-watch-roll
Oska25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2021, 11:12 AM   #52
Sebast975
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBolton View Post
Aaron Bespoke has some awesome rolls.
Just ordered one, pricey but I've seen one up close and it oozes quality.
Sebast975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2021, 11:15 AM   #53
Dr H A
"TRF" Member

I love Everett navy blue leather with tan interior
Dr H A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2021, 11:46 AM   #54
dpt.calvin
"TRF" Member

Carapaz.
Old 23 January 2022, 03:53 AM   #55
Sebast975
Banned

Aaron Bespoke watch roll, he customizes everything from color to watch holder size (for bigger or smaller wrists).
Sebast975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 05:52 AM   #56
MAINEZX10
"TRF" Member

I like these Bosporus Leather rolls

Bosphorusleather.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MAINEZX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 06:35 AM   #57
noshame
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksprat View Post
I recommend the green roll from Everest. The colors match the Rolex green and creme very well.
I have this same roll and highly recommend. Very well made, love the individual sliders, the leather is soft and supple, the green and cream make it look like a genuine Rolex product ... I just wish I had jacksprat's collection in mine! Jokes aside, I do love my collection. Fitting to have my Explorer dead centre in the "Everest" roll. And yes, before some of you tell me, I know the Explorer never actually reached the summit!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3612 - resized.jpg (278.5 KB, 270 views)
Old 23 January 2022, 10:39 AM   #58
mjwalter80
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkwazexboy View Post
I just recently got this https://www.amazon.com/Organizer-acc...NsaWNrPXRydWU=.

It’s nice, for the Price I think it’s decent. Only thing is the pillow cushion is big so if you have a small wrist under 6.75 inches the pillow will be hard to use and stretch the bracelet in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought this same watch roll on Amazon and like it quite a bit. I also have a standard wolf watch roll and I like this one better because I can pull out all three watches individually. Also, the wolf roll tends to roll on me when I put it down which is always a little scary if you aren’t paying attention. Totally agree that the pillows are a little on the big side.
mjwalter80 is offline   Reply With Quote