The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 23 January 2022, 03:45 PM   #1
jeffgo888
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me disappear into
NorCal San Francisco crimes and Rolex

https://abc7news.com/armed-robbery-r...2B2-tHJCRJYfyY

Jeezz...when is this going to stop????

Old 23 January 2022, 05:04 PM   #2
rolexpure
Banned

Glad I dont live out there anymore.

Seems to be getting worse.
Old 23 January 2022, 05:15 PM   #3
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

It will stop when politicians stop hiring spineless district attorneys who allow people out on ZERO bail, only to do the same thing an hour later.
Old 23 January 2022, 05:16 PM   #4
whiskyrolex
"TRF" Member

This also took place only 1 block away from the Rolex boutique.
Old 23 January 2022, 05:20 PM   #5
VonSomething
"TRF" Member

A Rolex is basically the same as cash.

Would you be surprised that people got robbed if they openly carried around $15k cash stacks in their hand?

If you choose to wear your watch with short sleeves, visible for anyone, you will be taking that risk.
Old 23 January 2022, 05:30 PM   #6
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Oh, it will catch up everywhere,with a 50k daytona on the wrist,its a lucrative and easy target .
The down side to Rolex heading into la-la land market wise .
Most likely that these type of robberies will increase .

I wear Panerai/JLC and IWC more and more.
Old 23 January 2022, 05:51 PM   #7
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
When will it stop?

Not for a long time unfortunately.
Old 23 January 2022, 06:04 PM   #8
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
I don’t know why numerous threads of these robberies are being posted daily they’re actually starting to irritate me. People get robbed people always have and always will. Have people lived in such a sheltered world, where I grew up you’re more likely to get robbed than not get robbed in some areas!

Anyone who makes these types of threads should honestly not wear one, do you walk around in fear all day because you have a Rolex on? Why the f*** would you wear one if it’s causing you to live your life like that?
Old 23 January 2022, 06:06 PM   #9
rootbeer7
2024 Pledge Member

[QUOTE=JSolution;11946402]I don’t know why numerous threads of these robberies are being posted daily they’re actually starting to irritate me. People get robbed people always have and always will. Have people lived in such a sheltered world, where I grew up you’re more likely to get robbed than not get robbed in some areas!

Anyone who makes these types of threads should honestly not wear one, do you walk around in fear all day because you have a Rolex on? Why the f*** would you wear one if it’s causing you to live your life like that?[/QUOTE

Agreed
Old 23 January 2022, 06:20 PM   #10
jeffgo888
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss oyster View Post
it will stop when politicians stop hiring spineless district attorneys who allow people out on zero bail, only to do the same thing an hour later.
exactly!!!

Old 23 January 2022, 06:31 PM   #11
jeffgo888
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
I don’t know why numerous threads of these robberies are being posted daily they’re actually starting to irritate me. People get robbed people always have and always will. Have people lived in such a sheltered world, where I grew up you’re more likely to get robbed than not get robbed in some areas!

Anyone who makes these types of threads should honestly not wear one, do you walk around in fear all day because you have a Rolex on? Why the f*** would you wear one if it’s causing you to live your life like that?
hi
1). your welcome NOT to read it if it annoys you, yes?
2). its NOT living in fear. I dont walk around in fear, but you speak like being robbed is normal.
Point is, San Fran was NOT this way before and NOW it is. Thats the whole point..:)
thanks

Old 23 January 2022, 06:52 PM   #12
VonSomething
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgo888 View Post
hi
1). your welcome NOT to read it if it annoys you, yes?
2). its NOT living in fear. I dont walk around in fear, but you speak like being robbed is normal.
Point is, San Fran was NOT this way before and NOW it is. Thats the whole point..:)
thanks
It's just about being mindful of your surroundings. In the city I grew up in people would have their Canada Goose jackets robbed from them at parties or coming out from clubs. (It was back when that brand was super hyped with the young generation)

Back then no low-level criminal knew what an expensive watch was, so it wasn't even on their radar. Times change, everybody has access to the internet, social media, watches are hyped and every criminal knows that a Rolex watch is worth 5 figures or more, being as easy to move as cash. Naturally criminals are going to target you if they suddenly spot Rolex on your wrist.

Like I said, in today's world, it's no different than strapping $100 bills around your wrist and walking around flaunting it in public. Someone is eventually going to take the bait.

If you're not comfortable putting yourself in that situation, you shouldn't wear a watch visibly out in public. There's really nothing more to it than that.

I wear my watches everywhere. I wouldn't have a single worry wearing a Yellow Gold Green Dial Daytona in central London. Would I wear it in a way that people could see it? Absolutely not! It would be tucked under my cuff/shirt/jacket for my own safety.

Would I wear the same watch openly in Monaco? Yes of course, I wouldn't be concerned about getting robbed there. If I'd drive from Monaco to Barcelona, I'd again wear it hidden under my cuff.

Does it suck that we live in a society where a few always ruin it for the rest of us? Absolutely. I would love to live in a world where I could just leave my car running on the street for 5 hours, without worrying that someone steals it. Unfortunately that's not the world we live in and we need to take our measures to stay safe.
Old 23 January 2022, 06:57 PM   #13
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Here we go…….bloody hell no popcorn.
Old 23 January 2022, 07:48 PM   #14
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

It won't stop. It never has and it never will. What do law enforcement/government statistics have to say about this? Is it an increasing trend or is it merely increasingly reported?

Ever noticed how certain makes of cars involved in accidents commonly make the news? Or that certain makes of car are reported by make when involved in an incident with other generic vehicles?

Insurance, situational awareness, common sense, if in doubt, don't.
Old 23 January 2022, 08:55 PM   #15
Uggi
Banned

Are things really as bad as they seem in the US or is this just media nonsense stoking things up? I’m not denying these events have happened but ….. is it really as it is being portrayed?
Closed Thread