The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 28 January 2022, 03:12 AM   #1
peshehodetz
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust 41
Smooth transaction with DavidSW for Datejust 41 but not happy with Fedex

Hi, just got my Datejust 41 unworn warranty started since Dec. 2021. Very happy with the deal and everything was going very smooth, Nina was absolutely polite to answer all my questions even some of them probably boring.
But be very careful if the shipment is with Fedex. I am very bad pissed off about this shipping company. So why and what's happened is a year ago I bought a brand new Breitling Superocean from Watchmaxx, the price was very good almost 40% down so I was very happy with the deal, but little not sure how they will send to me and was convinced everything will be fine, Fedex will deliver to my door, requiring signature. Around the time shipment supposed to be delivered I called my son, who is 22 and all day long home asked him and he said nothing arrive but when he open front door the package with the watch was dropped there, nobody even tried to ring to check if somebody is home to ask for signature. When I ordered my Rolex I explained all my concern to Nina telling her all of that happened less then a year ago and she convinced me they will require signature from somebody over 18. I made a bank transfer, they got the money same day and shipped me the watch overnight. On the next day the packege supposed to be home before 12:00pm. I was home all day long, staying in my home office from where I could see the front door. Around 11:45 I had a phone call for a few minutes and lost attention for very short time and looks like Fedex driver again just drop the package without even trying to check if there is somebody home. Everybody who get stuff from DavidSW knows how shipment is coming, there is a label requiring signature. So I wonder what kind of uneducated stupid idiots are really working with Fedex, they can not read, just not responsible or what. Fortunately everything was ok inside the package, watch was resized as I wanted. On the top of that when I checkedmy e-mail saw there was signature but not mine, looks like driver fake my signature. Called Fedex they started a claim with my complaint with no results. Just wondering if I cal file a lawsuit for imitating my signature from their side or what can I do in such case, any advice, anybody with experience in that area ? One thing I am sure will happen, some day one of those expensive watches will disappear the way Fedex drivers dropping them and will that will escalate a big scandal.
peshehodetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2022, 09:11 AM   #2
SwissmadeTexan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SUB LV-C/Pepsi C
Have the watch shipped to your nearest fed ex print and ship facility in the future to avoid anything like this ever happening. It’s the best practice when receiving high end watches thru fed ex.
Old 31 January 2022, 03:27 PM   #3
marcelsgomz
Banned

Get to this as well Appliances

This is to get an awesome product and make them possible for watches and cleaning appliances
marcelsgomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2022, 02:22 AM   #4
rolex_DateJust
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelsgomz View Post
This is to get an awesome product and make them possible for watches and cleaning appliances
Old 2 February 2022, 04:10 AM   #5
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelsgomz View Post
this is to get an awesome product and make them possible for watches and cleaning appliances
huh????
47Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2022, 04:38 AM   #6
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissmadeTexan View Post
Have the watch shipped to your nearest fed ex print and ship facility in the future to avoid anything like this ever happening. It’s the best practice when receiving high end watches thru fed ex.
This might be best option to avoid future scandal.

Congrats on the watch. Pictures please!
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2022, 08:09 AM   #7
malik713
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 111
My driver told me that because of Covid, they no longer require adult signatures, even if it’s shipped that way.

However, I just had a watch delivered today by Fedex and they did make me sign. This was the first time in over a year that I actually had to sign for something.

I’m glad it worked out for you.

PS, the fedex office suggestion is the way to go on expensive items.
malik713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2022, 01:04 PM   #8
Bustelo
"TRF" Member

Watch: maker
I'd rather wait by the door all day then add a FedEx counter clerk to the mix on top of the FedEx driver. I suggest taking every NWD off. Then, station yourself by the front door with a 5 gallon bucket, a laptop and some snacks. Bonus tip- order pizza delivery to test your viewing angles and as a test drill.
Bustelo is offline   Reply With Quote