The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 February 2022, 10:39 PM   #1
ninjin
"TRF" Member

Watch: give me time...
Black Bay 41

Firstly, why don't Tudor just rename the brand Black Bay as the majority of their range is called that?

I'm going through a silver dial phase at the moment and whilst I would love a silver dialled OP41, I'm not the type that will pay premium for any current model watch. So that knocked that idea on the head.

Saw the BB41 online and for the price I thought it's not a bad compromise. In addition, I can use the non riveted bracelet on my BB Chrono as well. I hate the faux rivet bracelet on Tudors.

Went searching around local ADs and no one had a silver dial. In the end went out of town to an AD that had one for me to try and buy if liked.

Well that was yesterday and this is now.

It would be nicer if the sunburst would be stronger, so the dial went to heavier grey tones but that's trying to find the perfect watch, which as we all know, just doesn't exist...
Old 27 February 2022, 11:07 PM   #2
Tikandtokalot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BB41 M79540
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjin View Post
Firstly, why don't Tudor just rename the brand Black Bay as the majority of their range is called that?

I'm going through a silver dial phase at the moment and whilst I would love a silver dialled OP41, I'm not the type that will pay premium for any current model watch. So that knocked that idea on the head.

Saw the BB41 online and for the price I thought it's not a bad compromise. In addition, I can use the non riveted bracelet on my BB Chrono as well. I hate the faux rivet bracelet on Tudors.

Went searching around local ADs and no one had a silver dial. In the end went out of town to an AD that had one for me to try and buy if liked.

It would be nicer if the sunburst would be stronger, so the dial went to heavier grey tones but that's trying to find the perfect watch, which as we all know, just doesn't exist...
Lovely watch I love mine it's got the Black Dial.
Old 27 February 2022, 11:09 PM   #3
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Congrats
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 11:22 PM   #4
1William
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations. Great watch. I looked at it yesterday at my AD. At some point this one maybe mine. It has a strong pull.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 12:04 AM   #5
Oldbigmouth
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN / 224270
Well, this post is almost like a sign to me… been going back and forth on black or silver, this just sealed the deal for me. The minimalistic dial is complimented well by the silver
Oldbigmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 01:30 AM   #6
Tikandtokalot
"TRF" Member

Much better legibility in black.
I don't use third party image servers but it's easy to find use my signature.
Old 28 February 2022, 02:37 AM   #7
Giovannibravo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub| DJ41| 79540
I have the black dial. Personally, I find it easier to read, but it is much more versatile as an everyday watch. The only complaint is the power reserve.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0527.HEIC.jpeg (142.8 KB, 137 views)
Giovannibravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 03:09 AM   #8
rolexjackson
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, GMT, Daytona
Quote:

This ref has been calling my name too … congratulations !! It’s beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rolexjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 03:48 AM   #9
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:

Beautiful aesthetics. Tudor is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the near future. Rolex/Tudor execs are deploying the corporate mantra to the brand, exclusive boutiques, quirky materials etc. Expect phase two marketing to see the brand marketing to millennials via media and sports they follow.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 04:21 AM   #10
Tikandtokalot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovannibravo View Post
I have the black dial. Personally, I find it easier to read, but it is much more versatile as an everyday watch. The only complaint is the power reserve.
Lovely watch I love mine and don't mind giving it a little wind every few days if I'm being lazy.
Old 28 February 2022, 04:29 AM   #11
HKP7M8
"TRF" Member

Nice. I bought my son that exact watch for his high school graduation last year. He wears it daily. Trying to get him into watches as he and my daughter will get my collection one day.
HKP7M8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 04:29 AM   #12
waynorth
"TRF" Member

I've been looking at that watch as well. Love the silver dial and want to put a black nato on it. I fear that 41 is too big and 36 is too small. Wish they made a 38-39 and slightly lined the hands and indices in black. I might go 36mm though and make it my Alaska summer watch.
waynorth is offline   Reply With Quote