The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 15 April 2022, 10:45 AM   #1
tclassen
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 16610
1991 Rolex 18248 Day-Date President Bark Champagne Tapestry Dial All Original

For sale is a rare all original excellent condition 36mm 18 karat yellow gold Rolex Day-Date “President”. The 18248 is an X serial, circa 1991, and is accompanied by its original inner and outer boxes, hang tags, and instruction manuals, along with factory service papers and booklets from a 2008 factory service. The Rolex features a brushed yellow gold case, which is accented by a fixed gold bark finish bezel. The Day-Date is mounted on its original yellow gold President bracelet with bark-finished center links, and is secured by a hidden deployant clasp. The bracelet contains 7 removable links, and sits loose on a 7.5 inch wrist.

The Rolex features a champagne tapestry dial with applied polished gold stick hour markers, gold tritium coated hands, a magnified date window aperture at 3 o’clock, and a day window aperture at 12 o’clock. The tritium lume plots and hands have been preserved well, and are fully intact, while the champagne tapestry dial has acquired some faint sun burn marks, which add character to the watch’s untouched vintage aesthetics.

The movement used in the 18248 is the Rolex double quickset Calibre 3185, which features approximately 48 hours of power reserve.

The case has been preserved extremely well, and contains thick well defined crisp lugs, while the bark finish appears to have never been touched. The President bracelet is in immaculate condition, and contains minimal stretch, while the original bark finish is well defined and untouched. I would rate the bracelet stretch approximately 90%. The clasp is also still “sticky” to open and close, due to the infrequent wear over the watch’s 31 year lifespan, whole the cornet on the clasp is extremely sharp and appears to be untouched as well.

Overall the Day-Date is in excellent condition, and is one of the cleanest all original examples of a 18248 President that I have ever come across.

About the Reference 18248:
The 18248 is somewhat of a unicorn reference, in the sense that it was one of the last bark Day-Date references that Rolex ever produced, as Rolex stopped producing bark finished Day-Dates in the late 1990s. In addition, the reference. 18248 was produced in much more limited quantities than the more common reference. 18238 Day-Date, which featured a fluted bezel and polished center links.

Shall deliver for $17,350

* All serial numbers on the watch and papers are fully visible, but have been blurred in the photos for security purposes.

Instagram: thewatch_guy
Email: taylor@cmtimepieces.com
Phone: 410-215-2269

* Feel free to reach out to me on my cell (410-215-2269) with any questions or inquiries. Or message me on instagram @ thewatch_guy

* I am a dealer and have a plethora of extremely reputable references on: TRF, Facebook, Instagram, and various other enthusiast pages / dealers.

tclassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 07:39 AM   #2
tclassen
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 16610
BUMP