The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 20 May 2022, 05:29 PM   #1
x2046
"TRF" Member

WTS: Chopard St Moritz Chronograph 8386

Description

This is the Chopard St Moritz Chronograph reference 8386. The Chopard St Moritz was the first steel sports watch from the Chopard brand. First produced in 1980, it was the brainchild of Karl-Friedrich Scheufele, who is currently serving as the co-president of the company. More known for their dress pieces, the St Moritz was reintroduced in 2019 with an updated design and movement as their current flagship sports piece, the Alpine Eagle. Though the great Gerald Genta was not part of this particular one, the steel sports watch with exposed screws on the bezel certainly evokes impressions of other legendary steel sports pieces of that time

This reference, the 8386, is powered by a Frederic Piguet movement with a case size of 38mm and a layered deep blue dial with a date window at the 4. As with many sports models, the stainless steel bracelet is integrated with eight exposed screws on the stainless steel bezel.

While the St Moritz may never reach the stratospheric heights of other steel sports models, the historical importance within Chopard’s lineage of steel sports watches still renders the St Moritz a valuable part of horology. Given how early generations of other sports models are in hot demand, the St Moritz might just possibly follow suit.

Condition

This Chopard St Moritz Chronograph 8386 is in good pre-owned condition. There are some hairlines on the stainless steel case, notably on the bezel, from prior wear consistent with its age but no major dings or dents. The dial is clean and there is a surface hairline on the crystal near the date window. The caseback is in excellent condition with a clean sapphire crystal and the engravings are still here. The bracelet has no stretch and will fit a wrist of up to 6.5”. The watch is in full working order and has just received a service from our watchmaker.

Specifications

Brand Chopard

Model St Moritz

Reference 8386

Case 38

Movement Automatic

Case material Stainless Steel

Bracelet material Stainless Steel

Year Circa 2000s

Condition Good

Accessories None. Watch Only.

Limited No. Discontinued

I am based in Singapore, I have some references which I am happy to share privately. I have references on Reddit / TRF / WUS as well and also sell on Chrono24 with lots of reviews. Price includes worldwide shipping.

Please let me know if you have any questions through the PM system or via my new Instagram @dtimepieces.sg or through my website D-Timepieces

Old 20 May 2022, 06:44 PM   #2
x2046
"TRF" Member

Sorry, missed out on listing the price!

USD 5,500