The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 25 July 2022, 11:43 PM   #1
gmat02
"TRF" Member

VC overseas QP skeleton white gold

Just got offered to get the 4300V Overseas skeleton in whitegold by my AD. Any thoughts on this piece? How would you rate it vs Roak QP openwork? Should I go for it or try to push for the titanium tourbillion? 4300V with a blue dial instead?Any thoughts are welcome.
gmat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 12:36 AM   #2
gmtmister
"TRF" Member

It’s fantastic.
I had a chance to try it on a few weeks back, and I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind.
I much prefer the lines and QP execution of Vacheron compared to AP, and I am not interested at all in tourbillons.

So all I can really say is that I would Jump on this if I could… in a heartbeat!
gmtmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 03:18 AM   #3
raclaims
"TRF" Member

I have it and it’s a killer piece

Plus the straps make it so versatile

I’m actually surprised an AD has it I thought it was boutique only

Go for it!!
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 03:46 AM   #4
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmat02 View Post
Just got offered to get the 4300V Overseas skeleton in whitegold by my AD. Any thoughts on this piece? How would you rate it vs Roak QP openwork? Should I go for it or try to push for the titanium tourbillion? 4300V with a blue dial instead?Any thoughts are welcome.

You mentioned AD. But the Tourbillion skeleton is boutique only, so you may want to keep it in mind.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 04:30 AM   #5
gmat02
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
You mentioned AD. But the Tourbillion skeleton is boutique only, so you may want to keep it in mind.
My apologies. I ment a boutique.

An yes they can get me both the skeleton Ti Tourbilion and the QP.

I love how the watch looks even though the month indication with 48 months in the upper circle instead of 12 months and a leap year indication seems a bit odd.

The problem is that I have seen a long thread (can't find the link now) where people discussed that this 4300V QP was only partly skeletonised unlike the Audemars skeletonised QP and the new Overseas Tourbillon. Thus the question if it is till a good ideal to get 4300V as a skeletonised version or a blue face version and if people like skeletonised ti Tourbillon better.
Old 26 July 2022, 04:40 AM   #6
raclaims
"TRF" Member

You should pass then as I’m sure many people are dying for one

I know a few collectors waiting a very long time
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 05:50 AM   #7
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
depends on why you wanted it to begin with. do you like it? If you do and when you see it you get excited, go for it. If you don't, then let me know, I'd take it! lol

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 08:53 AM   #8
gmat02
"TRF" Member

But seriously which one do you beleive is cooler QP WG Skeleton vs or Ti turbilion skeleton
Also what do you think about QP skeleton vs QP blue face
Old 26 July 2022, 09:05 AM   #9
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
But seriously which one do you beleive is cooler QP WG Skeleton vs or Ti turbilion skeleton
Also what do you think about QP skeleton vs QP blue face
I believe QP skeleton is cooler than Tourbillon. QP has a proper function, while tourbillon is mainly cosmetic I feel.

Between the QP skeleton and QP blue face, its like 51% skeleton to 49% blue. They are both winners and depending on which side you wake up from bed that morning will affect your preference.
HMHM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2022, 04:54 AM   #10
Reign
"TRF" Member

VC overseas QP skeleton white gold

QP squelette is more classic VC whilst tourb is more modern. I was offered the QP skeleton as a first piece when the Overseas hadn’t taken off yet but ultimately didn’t get it because AP confirmed my QP skeleton.

So I don’t own either but I have the AP openworked QP and double balance and I think I prefer the dynamism of the double balance so I think slight nod to the tourb for VC but it’s by the absolute slimmest of margins
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote