The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 23 August 2022, 05:04 PM   #1
Fifteen
Banned

Any Americans successfully order an ALS from Germany?

based on some quick research, it appears getting an 1815 Chrono in Europe will be around 10k usd cheaper given the lower retail price, favorable FX rate, and VAT refund. I’m just wondering if anyone had any success getting a 1815 chrono lately or found any boutique in Europe willing to place an order for a tourist. Thanks!
Fifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 12:33 AM   #2
macplee
"TRF" Member

good question -heading to munich in a month.

PS why are there NO prices on als website?
macplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 02:42 AM   #3
JeffMB
"TRF" Member

There are prices listed on the website. On the homepage click on the 3 horizontal lines in the upper left hand corner. Then a page will open and at the bottom of the page click on “Worldwide”. Then drop down to USA and click on that. Prices will display in USD for all non boutique pieces which is about one third of the catalogue. You can see prices in other currencies also by choosing other countries once you click on “Worldwide” and see the arbitrage spread. Hope this helps.

Last edited by JeffMB; 24 August 2022 at 02:59 AM.. Reason: Clarification of info
JeffMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 03:18 AM   #4
Fifteen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macplee View Post
good question -heading to munich in a month.

PS why are there NO prices on als website?
I just emailed all the Germany locations last night. Berlin is the only one willing to take a custom order if I pay 100% now. It is 64,400 euro for the 1815 chrono right now (including VAT), and we would get 14.5% back. Prices go up oct 1, not sure by how much
Old 24 August 2022, 09:26 AM   #5
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Does Lange not have a centralized database for what their clients order/want and what their primary boutique is?
I know AP does that and therefore there is no point in hitting up any international boutiques. Just curious if Lange does that as well.

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 09:41 AM   #6
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Rare pieces are allocated to countries in a set number per year - then distributed to the boutiques by the ALS head office in each country / region. It may be possible to get a boutique elsewhere to post overseas but they're essentially depriving someone local of the watch so if they have a list of VIPs waiting - it's going to be unlikely, hence the request for 100% up front I'd imagine.
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2022, 01:01 AM   #7
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifteen View Post
I just emailed all the Germany locations last night. Berlin is the only one willing to take a custom order if I pay 100% now. It is 64,400 euro for the 1815 chrono right now (including VAT), and we would get 14.5% back. Prices go up oct 1, not sure by how much
Do u have any prior purchase history in this boutique? Thanks
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2022, 01:03 AM   #8
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
Does Lange not have a centralized database for what their clients order/want and what their primary boutique is?
I know AP does that and therefore there is no point in hitting up any international boutiques. Just curious if Lange does that as well.
It seems not I do hope so though. They also don't count any purchase history in ADs. Please correct me if I
am wrong.
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2022, 08:20 AM   #9
Fifteen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimepieceRPP View Post
Do u have any prior purchase history in this boutique? Thanks
Nope, this will be my first ALS. All boutiques take orders actually. For 1815 chrono, boutiques are only taking orders for black / WG.
Old 25 August 2022, 02:53 PM   #10
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifteen View Post
Nope, this will be my first ALS. All boutiques take orders actually. For 1815 chrono, boutiques are only taking orders for black / WG.
That's what I heard - any "hard to get" models are W/L or pre-order for existing boutique customers only.
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote