The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 March 2024, 07:24 AM   #1
DadsRollies
"TRF" Member

Respected and Trusted Appraiser/Authenticator in Los Angeles Area?

My father has recently passed and has a collection of Rolexes and other high end watches. Unfortunately, my father never kept receipts and would have his watches serviced by "his guy" down in the LA Jewelry mart. We also have ZERO paperwork for any of the rolexes, his president he's had for 40+ years as he was so proud of that, but he never kept paperwork and only have a few boxes, not sure what goes with what though.

Anyway, we're in the unfortunate position of having to sell off some of his "luxury" items we don't want or need to satisfy financial obligations. And we never participated in his love of Rolex watches, (Save for the GMT Pepsi I am keeping, because of Magnum P.I. HAHA.)

So we're looking for someone I can take the watches to have them looked over and for them to possibly be sold. So, looking for any good recomendations in L.A. area, I live in Santa Clarita and Carpinteria.

Thanks in advance and I am sorry if I broke any board rules, I am just having to clear the eastate of so many different types of collectibles and such that I can only dedicate so much time to "studying" LOL.
DadsRollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 12:00 PM   #2
WatchGuy1966
"TRF" Member

LA Watch Works
WatchGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 02:11 AM   #3
Peej
"TRF" Member

Second time around watch co in Beverly Hills. They are very knowledgeable when it comes to vintage pieces. I believe their appraisals are $100 per timepiece.

They also buy and sell watches, and have an in-house watchmaker in case your piece needs a service.

Check out their website.
Peej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 02:26 AM   #4
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Make sure you get a minimum of two or even three appraisals. Normally, an appraisal should be retail value so make sure you are clear on that when having the appraisals done.
Once you know the approximate retail prices, you will know where to be when selling the watches.

Once you have the appraisals, you'll probably receive offers to purchase the watches from one or all of the appraisers or someone recommended to you by an appraiser.

If you have any questions or concerns with this process, feel free to contact me and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

jP

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 06:34 AM   #5
DadsRollies
"TRF" Member

Thanks so much to everyone that commented, it's much appreciated.
DadsRollies is offline   Reply With Quote