The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 March 2024, 11:11 AM   #61
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
I went CPO. I’ve never been tempted to buy a Rolex grey. Peace of mind is worth what it costs me. I believe CPO means a fresh service but I welcome correction if I’m wrong. Overall great experience.

Kevin, I believe they all com3 freshly serviced, which is why they are warranted for 2 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2024, 11:13 AM   #62
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlippy4 View Post
Rolex CPO (at Mayor's at least) is a COMPLETE RIPOFF.......walked into Mayor's at international mall....saw an entire three showcases of every Rolex imaginable.......curious I told her I was surprised after the last few years..... CPO.....ss/18K Sub 22k....list $15,600....Used from reputable gray around 17-18....response by stupid salesperson....."but we have one available"......that is why I am completely done with the Rolex BS.

I was told that some dealers....like car dealers....will find straw buyers and then get it back and put it out as CPO....... huge profit and screw the actual customer waiting.

CPO watches have to be three years old, or older, probably to prevent that exact scenario.

Old 16 March 2024, 12:04 PM   #63
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzraPound View Post
Maybe I'm too critical but I find it disappointing that CPO watches in many cases do not have the correct (factory #) of bracelet links; especially in the case of Rolex Day-Dates.

That sounds like something that should be remedied. My goodness! That’s just ridiculous.

Kat

Old 16 March 2024, 12:14 PM   #64
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffs View Post
Don't take the internet too seriously Kevin.

You got flim flammed by the CPO program.

It's cool. We all do things we regret.

Kevin did not get flimflammed, if he paid the same as he would have paid a grey dealer. Why so argumentative? Chill!

Kat

Old 16 March 2024, 12:24 PM   #65
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffs View Post
It is just a turn of phrase used by people on TRF for those with long selling historys in the classified section.

It just means that they have had a good number of sales on here that can be vouched for by reviews in the who's who section. Many have established businesses, websites, bank accounts etc. Most would let you go visit and see the watch etc.

It is not an implication that anyone not a "trusted seller" is a scammer either. But as this is the internet, you have to be careful.

We members call them trusted sellers, from personal experience. They don’t call themselves that. I always recommend the one with whom I’ve had experience. Why? Because he was pleasant, communicative, and got me the watch I wanted, in a timely fashion. I had gotten his name from another member here. Excellent, quick service, and he overnighted my watch to me. That was 10 years ago. He’s still a trusted seller here.

Kat