The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 February 2024, 11:29 AM   #61
derAlchemist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alksion View Post
No, I have not. I have turned on regular Daytona, but not the oyster flex.

I was referring to the YM 40 rhodium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
derAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 02:25 PM   #62
WatchEnthusiast7369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derAlchemist View Post
I was referring to the YM 40 rhodium

No neither watch. I know I’m crazy haha!
WatchEnthusiast7369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 11:01 PM   #63
derAlchemist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No neither watch. I know I’m crazy haha!

:)
Keep in mind taste is subjective, but in my personal opinion, the YM 40 rhodium is the most beautiful watch I’ve ever had on my wrist. Just for reference I’ve pretty much tried on almost everything in rolex’s modern lineup, only a few from patek (nautilus and aquanaut included) , quite a few from AP ( many versions or royal oak) , a few nice ones from a lange&sohne, the only one I found cane close to impressing me was VC overseas 4500v blue dial ( but it doesn’t wear nowhere near as well as the YM40 case )

For me the YM40 ticks every box: it’s amazingly comfortable, size is perfect, case is thin, legibility is great, it’s luxurious and sporty at the same time, can easily be worn with a very elegant suit or with shorts on the beach, but that’s just the way I see it. One thing I wish it had is the glidelock syst.

Try it in person and I’m sure you will know then where you stand on it.

Old 23 February 2024, 12:42 AM   #64
Khans14
"TRF" Member

I absolutely love that watch with the pop of blue second hand. I struggled for a long time between that one and the blue dial. I ended up with the blue dial. It will always amaze me how little appreciation the yachtmaster seems to get. I own several watches and three Rolex watches. Between my submariner 114060, gmt master II CHNR and my blue yachtmaster, the yachtmaster gets the most wrist time and is my favorite by a landslide. It is so comfortable, it looks amazing and it seems to go with every outfit I own.
Khans14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2024, 12:54 AM   #65
WatchEnthusiast7369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
:)
Keep in mind taste is subjective, but in my personal opinion, the YM 40 rhodium is the most beautiful watch I’ve ever had on my wrist. Just for reference I’ve pretty much tried on almost everything in rolex’s modern lineup, only a few from patek (nautilus and aquanaut included) , quite a few from AP ( many versions or royal oak) , a few nice ones from a lange&sohne, the only one I found cane close to impressing me was VC overseas 4500v blue dial ( but it doesn’t wear nowhere near as well as the YM40 case )

For me the YM40 ticks every box: it’s amazingly comfortable, size is perfect, case is thin, legibility is great, it’s luxurious and sporty at the same time, can easily be worn with a very elegant suit or with shorts on the beach, but that’s just the way I see it. One thing I wish it had is the glidelock syst.

Try it in person and I’m sure you will know then where you stand on it.

I love hearing this! It’s funny I’m equally as excited as getting this watch as my super expensive oyster flex rose gold.
Old 23 February 2024, 12:54 AM   #66
WatchEnthusiast7369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khans14 View Post
I absolutely love that watch with the pop of blue second hand. I struggled for a long time between that one and the blue dial. I ended up with the blue dial. It will always amaze me how little appreciation the yachtmaster seems to get. I own several watches and three Rolex watches. Between my submariner 114060, gmt master II CHNR and my blue yachtmaster, the yachtmaster gets the most wrist time and is my favorite by a landslide. It is so comfortable, it looks amazing and it seems to go with every outfit I own.

Yeah, the minute I watched a video on YouTube. I immediately fell in love with the watch. It’s such a gorgeous piece and I’m so sad to be picking it up soon.
Old 23 February 2024, 12:59 AM   #67
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Yeah, the minute I watched a video on YouTube. I immediately fell in love with the watch. It’s such a gorgeous piece and I’m so sad to be picking it up soon.

Change sad to glad, while you still can….

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2024, 01:37 AM   #68
WatchEnthusiast7369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Change sad to glad, while you still can….

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha Siri always getting my words tied up. Trying to figure out how to edit via Tapatalk app.
Old 23 February 2024, 03:51 AM   #69
derAlchemist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I love hearing this! It’s funny I’m equally as excited as getting this watch as my super expensive oyster flex rose gold.

That’s a beautiful one as well. I actually bought an oyster-flex strap and I’m in the process of getting custom end links made to fit it to the ym 40 rhodium, just for when I feel I want a change :)

Old 23 February 2024, 04:10 AM   #70
WatchEnthusiast7369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That’s a beautiful one as well. I actually bought an oyster-flex strap and I’m in the process of getting custom end links made to fit it to the ym 40 rhodium, just for when I feel I want a change :)

I just ordered this one and excited cause I was informed you can add the Rolex clasp to this one.
Old 23 February 2024, 04:13 AM   #71
WatchEnthusiast7369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I just ordered this one and excited cause I was informed you can add the Rolex clasp to this one.

Old 23 February 2024, 06:27 AM   #72
egamos
Banned

It's a very nice watch to own, It's unique and versatile, I love the blue dial considering adding one to my collection.
egamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2024, 11:18 AM   #73
WatchEnthusiast7369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egamos View Post
It's a very nice watch to own, It's unique and versatile, I love the blue dial considering adding one to my collection.

So you would keep the slate and the blue dial simultaneously? If you went with a different blue Rolex, what would it be?
Old 23 February 2024, 01:03 PM   #74
Flypanam
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

I have a blue 126622. It was a REALLY difficult decision between the rhodium and the blue, but at the time I had too many gray watches, so I asked for blue. They're both stunning, but I love my blue one.

Unlike my other Rolexes which I wear whenever and don't worry too much about them, I always save this one for special occasions. Partly because it's so stupidly easy to scratch and I'm just a bit OCD, partly because it's more blingy so it looks "fancy" even though it's still a sports watch. For some reason, I don't mind scratches on my other watches nearly as much as I do on the YM. I don't know why. It's just a strangely special watch to me.

YMs also look great on rubber straps. I have a white Horus strap with a red stripe to match the red accents on the blue dial YM. The baby blue you ordered looks great, matching the blue accents of the rhodium dial.

Congrats on the purchase. You will not be disappointed! It's literally my favorite watch.
IWC: AMG Petronas F1 Pilot Chrono; Mark XVIII
Best of the rest: Cartier Santos Blue XL; Panerai Luminor PAM1085 Blu Mare; Hermes H08 Madison LE; Ming 17.09 Burgundy; Nomos Tangente 50 ans de Médecins Sans Frontières
Flypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2024, 02:14 PM   #75
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupot View Post
I think its supposed to be a bit of a posher Sub or GMT, so the flash with the polished lugs and centre links is deliberate.

OP, I've had the old Platinum dial since 2003 and it wears amazingly well, super comfortable due to its non maxi more Daytona case size and shape, and lighter weight, and is that nice balance between sporty and dressy.

Only issue is the bezel. Its vulnerable and scratches easily and is very difficult to refinish. If you have any sort of perfection OCD do not go there. I am super careful and baby my watches, this is how it will end up, fairly quickly. I would assume at some point they will put a ceramic insert in like the Oysterflex ones, at that point it will be spot on, until then I urge caution.

I have worn that same watch, SS/platinum, since 2001, doing all sorts of stuff. My bezel hasn’t scratched like that. The gold center links on my husband’s TT Sub scratches very easily.

To OP, the YM is a gorgeous watch. It’s not one you see every day, or even every month. I wore the YM exclusively for 20 years, but then a couple of years ago I bought a few other Rolex models in different sizes to see how they looked. After 2 years of that, I’ve come back to the YM.
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2024, 03:56 PM   #76
WatchEnthusiast7369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypanam View Post
I have a blue 126622. It was a REALLY difficult decision between the rhodium and the blue, but at the time I had too many gray watches, so I asked for blue. They're both stunning, but I love my blue one.

Unlike my other Rolexes which I wear whenever and don't worry too much about them, I always save this one for special occasions. Partly because it's so stupidly easy to scratch and I'm just a bit OCD, partly because it's more blingy so it looks "fancy" even though it's still a sports watch. For some reason, I don't mind scratches on my other watches nearly as much as I do on the YM. I don't know why. It's just a strangely special watch to me.

YMs also look great on rubber straps. I have a white Horus strap with a red stripe to match the red accents on the blue dial YM. The baby blue you ordered looks great, matching the blue accents of the rhodium dial.

Congrats on the purchase. You will not be disappointed! It's literally my favorite watch.

Thanks for your reply and your insight. I definitely like the the bracelet it comes on, but I think the sport of the watch will go great with the rubber strap I ordered. I’m really looking forward to picking them up. My guy just text me today and said that he would have everything ready Saturday I’m in Palm Springs right now and getting back to the Orange County area in Southern California mid Saturday so let’s see if I pick it up then or I wait till Monday either way early to mid next week I will have photos of Everything, the strap probably won’t be here for a few weeks since it’s coming from Germany
Old 23 February 2024, 03:58 PM   #77
WatchEnthusiast7369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boopie View Post
I have worn that same watch, SS/platinum, since 2001, doing all sorts of stuff. My bezel hasn’t scratched like that. The gold center links on my husband’s TT Sub scratches very easily.

To OP, the YM is a gorgeous watch. It’s not one you see every day, or even every month. I wore the YM exclusively for 20 years, but then a couple of years ago I bought a few other Rolex models in different sizes to see how they looked. After 2 years of that, I’ve come back to the YM.

It’s so funny I have so many watches on my month list but with this thread and a few others, I have never seen so many people giving this watch so much praise. It’s very interesting and I’m excited to put on my wrist.
Old 6 June 2024, 10:46 AM   #78
MBornia
"TRF" Member

I had the Rhodium Dial YM40, and for a while thought I would never want another Rolex, I loved it so much, but after a few months wearing it, it looked blingy and smal, I missed the edges of the other professional watches. Sold it, got a GMT Pepsi, then a Sub Starbucks. Sometimes I feel like getting this back, but just looking at a picture of that watch on my wrist reminds me I made the right decision. Lovely watch, just not for me.
MBornia is offline   Reply With Quote