The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 June 2024, 03:10 AM   #1
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Tudor Dealer Margin

Does anyone know what the current dealer cost is for Tudor watches? I thought I recall reading at some point here that Tudor dealers pay 55% of MSRP for the watches. And Rolex dealers pay, what, 62% of MSRP for watches?

Last edited by No SUBctitute; 16 June 2024 at 03:26 AM.. Reason: Clarified I was talking about TUDOR dealers paying 55%
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 03:12 AM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No SUBctitute View Post
Does anyone know what the current dealer cost is for Tudor watches? I thought I recall reading at some point here that dealers pay 55% of MSRP for the watches. And Rolex dealers pay, what, 62% of MSRP for watches?
All you see or read on the net is pure speculation on what ADs pay for Tudor or Rolex watches.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 03:23 AM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: GMT's
No reason to suspect that margins are much different, why would they be?
Old 16 June 2024, 03:25 AM   #4
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
All you see or read on the net is pure speculation on what ADs pay for Tudor or Rolex watches.

Certainly not the net cost because there are so many individual costs associated with each AD but we do know (from former AD workers/owners) that the dealers get them for 34-37% off of retail price on average.
Old 16 June 2024, 03:26 AM   #5
0nly5iv3Digits
"TRF" Member

Watch: What is "watch"?
Yes, I’m with Larry. They’re likely quite similar if not the same.
Old 16 June 2024, 03:27 AM   #6
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
What the margins are on any brand would be pure speculation
996marty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 04:20 AM   #7
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR 226570
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
What I find interesting is how the hell do we not definitively know? This forum has like a gazillion members that span every corner of the globe. Probably hundreds upon hundreds who currently work or have worked at AD's.

We get new price lists before they are announced. We see super secret new releases unveiled before they are officially announced.

I'm not saying I care. I just think it's strange that so many people know exactly what the margin is (every employee in every AD), yet not one of those camera phone yielding folks takes a picture of an invoice or computer screen that eventually finds itself on the internet.

Considering what one can find on the internet , seems surprising that there is still speculation.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 04:24 AM   #8
fsprow
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
What I find interesting is how the hell do we not definitively know? This forum has like a gazillion members that span every corner of the globe. Probably hundreds upon hundreds who currently work or have worked at AD's.

We get new price lists before they are announced. We see super secret new releases unveiled before they are officially announced.

I'm not saying I care. I just think it's strange that so many people know exactly what the margin is (every employee in every AD), yet not one of those camera phone yielding folks takes a picture of an invoice or computer screen that eventually finds itself on the internet.

Considering what one can find on the internet , seems surprising that there is still speculation.

Ever consider that those who have this information choose not to put it on the web? If it was my store I would not (and hope my employees would feel the same).
fsprow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 05:44 AM   #9
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMP mast
It’s expensive running a high end jewellers I imagine so it is what it is. I wonder how much the mark up is on cars? Handbags? Sneakers? Plus all charged in Swiss francs I’d imagine and will vary according to local rules in taxation etc and exchange rate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 06:16 AM   #10
Guppydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post
Ever consider that those who have this information choose not to put it on the web? If it was my store I would not (and hope my employees would feel the same).
Have considered it. I'm not advocating for it, nor am I entitled to it.

I'm just saying is all it takes it one person, one time. In a world consumed with likes, subscribes, and thumbs ups, it is quite surprising that it has not been leaked.

Personally, I don't get the big secret. I don't see anything wrong with an informed consumer. We know dealer cost before buying an automobile from a myriad of sites. It doesn't change the law of supply and demand which was evident when automobiles were selling over sticker in spite of clear knowledge of margin.
Old 16 June 2024, 06:21 AM   #11
Guppydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddypeepa View Post
It’s expensive running a high end jewellers I imagine so it is what it is. I wonder how much the mark up is on cars? Handbags? Sneakers? Plus all charged in Swiss francs I’d imagine and will vary according to local rules in taxation etc and exchange rate?

You can find the markup of pretty much all those items with a cursory search of the web. I can find detailed dealer cost on automobiles up to and including the dealer holdback and financing kickbacks.

Rolex though. Pure speculation, although I feel most have a good ballpark idea.
Old 16 June 2024, 06:41 AM   #12
Brich436
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124270
I think your guess is spot on.

Rolex is about 37% dealer margin (used to be 40% many moons ago) and Tudor is slightly more. 45% sounds right. Most ADs will discount Tudor 10-15% for the non allocated pieces. Rolex is 0% discount but back in the day (2011) I was able to get 12-18% off Rolex.

Running an AD is extremely expensive. My AD has renovated his showroom like 5 times and is in the process of doing it again (for two locations). As we all know the jewelry is where these places make the most margin. Some of that stuff is 100% markup depending on how they buy it.

TUDOR: M79030-B Black Bay 58
Brich436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 09:11 AM   #13
thegrandseirolexguy
"TRF" Member

I don’t know if you can extrapolate to Rolex & Tudor, but I get Longines, Blancpain, Breguet at 40% off MSRP.

So I assume the dealer still has some margin to play with, albeit minimal. They did mention to me that it was in the single digits after that 40% discount.

Salespeople at large retailers typically have a fixed discount band which they can play around with.

This band is for their eyes only and it is entirely at their discretion the amount of discounting they offer within that band.

thegrandseirolexguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 11:13 AM   #14
rolexjc
"TRF" Member

My AD gives 25% off on all Tudor models except the pink chrono
rolexjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 11:28 AM   #15
Brich436
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexjc View Post

Even the FXD? That would be a very good deal at $3112 net!

Old 16 June 2024, 02:34 PM   #16
Guppydriver

Quote:
If your AD is selling the BB Monochrome and Opaline GMT for 25% off, throw me his number. (S)He'll have two extra sales by sundown.
Old 16 June 2024, 08:35 PM   #17
rolexjc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brich436 View Post
Even the FXD? That would be a very good deal at $3112 net!

Yes! I already bought 2 Marine Nationale
Old 16 June 2024, 08:36 PM   #18
rolexjc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If your AD is selling the BB Monochrome and Opaline GMT for 25% off, throw me his number. (S)He'll have two extra sales by sundown.
Sadly I’m not in the States
Old 16 June 2024, 08:51 PM   #19
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Me neither, but how many different values would be posted if everyone asked their AD. My AD threw a number at me a few years back. I don't remember what it was but I'd be willing to bet that another AD would have supplied a different number. I suppose that to some extent it's how they calculate it. I have clients who quote me the same rate of sales commission but then twist it, slice bits off it, and mince it so that a different actual amount comes out and it's never the same for all of them.
Harry-57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2024, 12:08 AM   #20
Brich436
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes! I already bought 2 Marine Nationale
Wow! Here in the US we are lucky to get 10-15%. New releases they do a discount to net out the sales tax and nothing more!