The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 June 2024, 11:41 PM   #1
therealhustle
"TRF" Member

Rumors of SoCal Rolex ADs Losing License?

I've heard some rumors for a year or two now, but it hasn't happened yet. I've also heard some rumors that Rolex is trying to consolidate in SoCal?

Has anyone heard of rumors of any Southern California Rolex ADs losing their license?
therealhustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 09:18 AM   #2
4reRlxGuy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3970
Only a select ben bridge location.

Saint Cross lost the account couple years back.
4reRlxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 09:22 AM   #3
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Just a few weeks ago there was a thread about Hing Wa opening a new location.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 09:49 AM   #4
therealhustle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4reRlxGuy View Post
Only a select ben bridge location.

Saint Cross lost the account couple years back.
Yup heard about that specific BB. That location was super shady. Some of those shady sales ppl moved to Polacheck's in Calabasas...
therealhustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 05:50 PM   #5
IFlyPlanes
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealhustle View Post
Yup heard about that specific BB. That location was super shady. Some of those shady sales ppl moved to Polacheck's in Calabasas...

All I’ll say here is that Polacheck’s gave me the run around for 2 years until that BB salesperson got there. I had $100k spend there and never got anything on my list. The SA you’re referring to got me a watch I asked for in 3 days.
IFlyPlanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 06:08 PM   #6
blada4life
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyPlanes View Post
All I’ll say here is that Polacheck’s gave me the run around for 2 years until that BB salesperson got there. I had $100k spend there and never got anything on my list. The SA you’re referring to got me a watch I asked for in 3 days.
that place is such a hit or miss and very frustrating to deal with. it really is.
blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 06:24 PM   #7
IFlyPlanes
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blada4life View Post
that place is such a hit or miss and very frustrating to deal with. it really is.

Totally. I got watches there but they were always on a lucky walk in.

They seem to drop everything for celebrities while giving everyone else the run around.

I worked with the BB employee at BB with no games and she’s been great at Polachecks as well.
IFlyPlanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2024, 05:45 AM   #8
Peej
"TRF" Member

Went to Polachek’s once. The only place I’ve ever been where the SA blatantly said you spend money on stuff you don’t want or you get out of here. Didn’t mind the honestly, but holy shit. I love watches, I also love Rolex watches, but I still don’t believe they are worth the premium they’ve achieved over the last few years. Times will change and ADs will once again beg for business. Just a matter of time.
Peej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2024, 06:12 AM   #9
0nly5iv3Digits
"TRF" Member

Watch: What is "watch"?
Wouldn’t be surprised. Rolex is positioning to bring everything “in-house” via boutiques. It’s just a matter of time. I would expect the number of ADs to dwindle away slowly over the next decade.
Old 17 June 2024, 09:43 AM   #10
Son Goku
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I've heard some rumors for a year or two now, but it hasn't happened yet. I've also heard some rumors that Rolex is trying to consolidate in SoCal?

Has anyone heard of rumors of any Southern California Rolex ADs losing their license?
It wouldn't shock me if Hyde Park at Fashion Island and Fredric Rubel in Laguna Beach lose their license especially since a new Rolex boutique is opening in South Coast Plaza this year and neither Hyde Park nor Fredric Rubel are dedicated Rolex boutiques.

I don't see why Rolex wouldn't shut them down and consolidate especially since the boutique at South Coast is operated by Tourneau (Bucherer) i.e. it's owned by Rolex themselves.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2024, 02:27 PM   #11
KoNhEi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have a better experience with Polacheck’s comparing to Hing Wa Lee.
KoNhEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2024, 02:37 PM   #12
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku View Post
It wouldn't shock me if Hyde Park at Fashion Island and Fredric Rubel in Laguna Beach lose their license especially since a new Rolex boutique is opening in South Coast Plaza this year and neither Hyde Park nor Fredric Rubel are dedicated Rolex boutiques.

I don't see why Rolex wouldn't shut them down and consolidate especially since the boutique at South Coast is operated by Tourneau (Bucherer) i.e. it's owned by Rolex themselves.
Hyde Park in fashion island just propped up that huge Rolex wing. Would be crazy if they lose status soon.

Didn’t know there will be a new Rolex boutique in south coast. Any links/details?
Old 17 June 2024, 02:40 PM   #13
Son Goku
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Hyde Park in fashion island just propped up that huge Rolex wing. Would be crazy if they lose status soon.

Didn’t know there will be a new Rolex boutique in south coast. Any links/details?
No link, but you can see a huge banner in the mall advertising the new location. I do think in the future Rolex will as much as possible consolidate their stores into Tourneau since it's owned by Bucherer.

With the Bucherer acquisition it just doesn't make much sense for Rolex to have a middle man in the form of other ADs, especially in a market such as Orange County where there's a ton of demand.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2024, 02:43 PM   #14
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku View Post
No link, but you can see a huge banner in the mall advertising the new location. I do think in the future Rolex will as much as possible consolidate their stores into Tourneau since it's owned by Bucherer.

With the Bucherer acquisition it just doesn't make much sense for Rolex to have a middle man in the form of other ADs, especially in a market such as Orange County where there's a ton of demand.
Interesting. I agree, that acquisition was very much strategic
Old 17 June 2024, 03:54 PM   #15
ThePunter
"TRF" Member

I could see Rubel getting nixed. That store is tiny and by far the most underwhelming Rolex AD I've stepped foot in. They haven't offered me any watches either, so let them eat cake for all I care.
ThePunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2024, 09:34 AM   #16
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Just curious which ben bridge lost their status?
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote