The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 June 2024, 04:56 PM   #31
Newbie2277
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Why put THAT idea in a newbie’s head??? Geesh….. OP, take it to any competent jeweler, or AD, and you will be fine.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
😂🫣 That’s what I’m hoping. I would be highly upset if the AD did that, but I guess at least they made it right. Still though…yikes lol
Newbie2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2024, 10:22 PM   #32
Cauhauna
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGoodnight369 View Post
Roswell is where the service department and Rolex certified watch maker is. This is my main AD and has been for many years. Was just in there yesterday. Try going on a week day when it’s not so busy. Weekends at the service desk can be pretty nuts
good info - ty!

Anyone have experience with Mayors in Alpharetta service?
Old 18 June 2024, 10:36 PM   #33
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie2277 View Post
Need to get a couple of links taken out of my new 36 mm OP celebration. Was planning on going to the Buckhead location of Brown and Company to have this done. I’ve seen others say it’s not necessary to go to an A.D., but then I’ve seen many say that going to an AD is your best bet. Anyone have opinions on this? Should I request that the tech at the store do it or would a sales person be competent? I’m assuming they probably do this type of work very often. I just think I’d be more comfortable going to an A.D. rather than a local watchmaker, but I am definitely open for opinions/suggestions. Thanks!

April
Do it yourself. At best it’s a 50/50 that the AD will do it right.

Here are some of the lessons learned the hard way with both an AD and RSC
*remove the correct links, optimal for your comfort.
*maintain the screw bars in their original link (this will line up the original brushing/finishing)
*use the proper screw driver (Rolex 2100 tool or duplicate) to avoid jacking up the screw heads (not a typical thin blade watchmakers screwdriver!)
*setting the clasp adjustment pin to its furthest possible extension that allows a proper fit. (Reduces play)
*use lock tight (clean the threads)

I repeat USE LOCKTITE (221 or 222)… others unlikely to do so.

Old 19 June 2024, 12:03 AM   #34
peptide45
"TRF" Member

I don't have a strong opinion for telling you that you can or cannot do this yourself. If you do attempt, then agree with previous advice to get the right tools and some watch tape to tape up around where you will be working. However, the Rolex ADs have access to the Rolex app which allows them to size your wrist by measuring your wrist circumference and then the app tells them exactly how to size the watch (which micro adjustment setting, and how many links to remove or add to each side of the watch). Its pretty slick!
peptide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 04:31 AM   #35
Newbie2277
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peptide45 View Post
I don't have a strong opinion for telling you that you can or cannot do this yourself. If you do attempt, then agree with previous advice to get the right tools and some watch tape to tape up around where you will be working. However, the Rolex ADs have access to the Rolex app which allows them to size your wrist by measuring your wrist circumference and then the app tells them exactly how to size the watch (which micro adjustment setting, and how many links to remove or add to each side of the watch). Its pretty slick!
Very cool! I'll be heading to the AD Monday so I'll be curious to see if they use that technology.

April
Newbie2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 10:56 AM   #36
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by peptide45 View Post

Interestingly, my SA did not use the App to size my bracelets. I always take them home and redo them, myself, anyway. In any case, despite what any App says, we all have a certain preference when it comes to sizing.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 11:54 AM   #37
peptide45
"TRF" Member

Maybe your SA is old school…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
peptide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 12:10 PM   #38
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie2277 View Post
🫣 That’s what I’m hoping. I would be highly upset if the AD did that, but I guess at least they made it right. Still though…yikes lol

So how did it go at Brown & Co on Monday? Their Roswell shop is where I take my Calatrava when a new strap is needed.

Maybe a wristshot of their handiwork?

I use many different watchmakers for different work - hope they did a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote