The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 24 June 2024, 09:34 PM   #31
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliang1990 View Post
By shipping it out of state (I live in NJ), it could safe me some sales tax.
Taxes don’t work like that. You still owe the tax, just to Nj.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2024, 10:34 PM   #32
-dustin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay_area_kid View Post
Let's use some common sense, please.

When it's a Saturday and someone says something can be delivered the "next day", it usually means the next business day. I've worked in car sales, luxury retail, construction, and now in tech. Everyone knows shipping is limited on Saturdays and hardly anything gets shipped on Sundays.

So when the Bucherer salesperson said "next day" on a Saturday, it doesn't make sense to literally interpret it as the watch getting delivered the very next day, which is Sunday.
Ok. Common sense says “don’t say next day”. If you’ve been in high end sales, I assume you also know that you have to lay everything out very clearly.

Regardless, doesn’t matter, because it wasn’t there Tuesday, either. Which would have been the 2nd business day.

You work at Bucherer or something?
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 02:00 AM   #33
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
lmao, him getting into this situation because he was trying to commit tax fraud makes it even better
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 06:43 AM   #34
leoliang1990
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You are a such good citizen. I assume you never purchase in the tax-free state or out of country to save the sales tax.
I respect you.
leoliang1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 10:03 AM   #35
bay_area_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
Ok. Common sense says “don’t say next day”. If you’ve been in high end sales, I assume you also know that you have to lay everything out very clearly.

Regardless, doesn’t matter, because it wasn’t there Tuesday, either. Which would have been the 2nd business day.
Seems like you and I have very different definitions of common sense.

I've been in high end sales before:
  • prominent high-end retail shop in Stanford Shopping center early in my career
  • broker of high-end JDM automobiles mid career
  • enterprise sales at a well-known tech company today

Not once did we ever need to "to lay everything out very clearly" when dealing with high-end clientele when talking about "days".

We worked under the assumption that our high-end clients would be experienced enough in the world of business that we wouldn't need to spell out the word "business" when talking about the ETA (in days) of something.

And in almost 30 years of working in that world, I've never had a high-end client confuse "calendar days" with "business days".

So yes, I repeat again: when someone mentions "next day" in a business transaction, it always implies "next business day".

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
You work at Bucherer or something?
I thought we're having a logical, civil discussion so not sure why you would even ask that question unless that's your attempt at some snark.
bay_area_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 10:16 AM   #36
leoliang1990
"TRF" Member

I got back a response from the Senior Director of Bucherer and I accept their apology. If one still wants to speak for them, feel free.

```
Late last week I spoke with a couple of members of the management team at the Bucherer 1888 TimeMachine and reviewed the history of the tracking number with UPS. Without question, this process should not have taken 5 weeks to resolve and I am very sorry for the inconvenience this caused you, especially with your being outside of the country during this timeframe.

I will be making some recommendations to the management team at the store regarding steps that can be taken in the future to avoid this type of situation. For your information, some of these recommendations include details around the shipping service level with UPS, the Tourneau|Bucherer internal process for filing a shipping loss report, setting up a cadence of email updates regarding the status of a pending investigation and validation of a UPS return to sender request. Upon reviewing these details with regards to your specific transaction, I would agree with you that the communication and follow-through were not at the level that was needed and you should not have had to wait more than a month for a refund of a purchase that you never received.

Once again, I would like to apologize on behalf of our Company for this unpleasant experience. This should have been a seamless transaction and delivery for you, but we did not meet those expectations.
```

Let's call it a day. Life has to move on.

I got my grail watch (116503-0011 dimond eye) on Bob's and their delivery requires me signing the package with my ID presented.
leoliang1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 10:30 AM   #37
bay_area_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060M
Great update!

Interesting they mentioned "details around the shipping service level with UPS". I think the timing (ie. the watch being bought on a Saturday) and SLO/SLA on the UPS side are the roots of this problem.

Bucherer sent the item to UPS on Monday so UPS should've delivered it on Tuesday at the latest.

Yes, Bucherer dropped the ball on subsequent communications and follow ups but I believe those are secondary. If UPS met SLA then there wouldn't even be a need for Bucherer to do follow ups and this post wouldn't even exist :)
bay_area_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 11:13 AM   #38
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yeah right, I am sure you pay your out of state taxes to the state.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 11:48 AM   #39
L_S_SHOE
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
We are all dumber for having read this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
L_S_SHOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 04:22 AM   #40
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliang1990 View Post
You are a such good citizen. I assume you never purchase in the tax-free state or out of country to save the sales tax.
I respect you.
If I need to save the sales tax I can’t afford it. Same with cars - if I have to register in Montana I can’t afford the car.
Old 26 June 2024, 04:23 AM   #41
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Yeah right, I am sure you pay your out of state taxes to the state.
Believe what you want. I have paid sales tax on all my watches, even the six figure ones. I even pay it on my cars. Weird huh.
Old Yesterday, 07:09 AM   #42
Billyrolls
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Believe what you want. I have paid sales tax on all my watches, even the six figure ones. I even pay it on my cars. Weird huh.
It is weird if you know anything about tax planning. You would be surprised at how many people who live in NJ and NY have PO boxes in NH, and then purchase watches, jewelry, furs, and 10-figue artwork from Sotheby's and have it shipped to NH where they pay a sales tax rate of 0%.
Billyrolls is offline   Reply With Quote