The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 June 2024, 01:53 AM   #121
Bozzie1982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt10p View Post
Only that it was ridiculous wearing a Rolex in work (I ran a Police driving school at the time).
When we went out to play with the Public the G Shock came out.
The comments were intended to run me down which made no difference at all to me.
Bozzie1982 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 02:18 AM   #122
Jari from Finland
"TRF" Member

I think they would have probably not noticed it

Usually people who notice what watch you are wearing are those who themselves are interested in watches. The other group who pay attention to the watches people are wearing are thieves.
Old 25 June 2024, 03:34 AM   #123
kwingy
"TRF" Member

At the risk of sounding a little snooty, I don't think a Rolex submariner is that showy at all. It's a black face diver whose watch design DNA has been copied a million times over by other brands. I am sure the company you keep won't really batter that much of an eyelid and as others have said - shouldn't have to apologise for doing well in life even in current climate.
kwingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 09:26 AM   #124
Ferrari-F430
"TRF" Member

A lot of people don't even notice I have a rolex on.. unless they are watch people and/or I have mentioned it. One of the keys is to just wear it and not mentioned you even got it. Enjoy it!

I got my first Rolex as a gift from my wife over 20 years ago.. it has quite a history with me and I used to wear it every day and did so for almost 15 years (before I started rotating in my Apple watch). During that time, my Rolex became part of me and the memories I have with it are priceless. At this stage in my life, I'm glad I brought it along for the ride. If I had been worried about what anyone else thought, it would have ruined the relationship I developed with it and the history I created with it. It's truly special to me at this point.

Recently, I have been trying to get another from a few AD's.. and it's super frustrating, but I feel once (or should I say "IF") I do get a second one, it will be special also.

I know guys that only get one chance at a brand new Rolex from an AD, so you might be giving up the experience and specialness of obtaining it like you did. But of course, if ownership creates unconfortable situations and feedback, then I understand. But if it was THE watch I wanted and the one I wanted to keep forever, I wouldn't get rid of it.. just wear it at more specific times where it didn't elicit the negative feelings.

Best of luck to you.. :)
Ferrari-F430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 11:51 AM   #125
dhucke
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I’ll be that guy … never sell a Submariner, it only leads to regret

Exactly
dhucke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 03:19 PM   #126
Alex71168
"TRF" Member

I agree with Padi. I’ve been wearing a Rolex for 35 years and I’d say 98% of people don’t even have a clue what you are wearing and the others say nice watch! Never had any negative words from anyone! Keep it and wear it. If you can’t live with it but a Tudor
Alex71168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 11:56 PM   #127
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

Do what makes you happy, but I assure you that nearly zero people will notice your watch, even if it was solid gold

Besides, you can always say that you bought a good looking fake on the street
BroncoOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 12:41 AM   #128
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
Did OP sell it?
Old 26 June 2024, 02:52 PM   #129
Mimar2910
"TRF" Member

Personally I will keep the watch, hoping to start loving it someday.
Mimar2910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 05:13 PM   #130
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

I dunno man, you got it because you wanted it. If your house was 10k more than your friends or family’s house, nobody would think twice. We all have our thing, just wear it. I’ve been wearing on since i was 25 or 26, didn’t care what anyone thought. I find my family has been around it so long, it doesn’t matter, and most friends know I’m a watch guy. It really doesn’t come up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 09:08 PM   #131
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
I dunno man, you got it because you wanted it. If your house was 10k more than your friends or family’s house, nobody would think twice. We all have our thing, just wear it. I’ve been wearing on since i was 25 or 26, didn’t care what anyone thought. I find my family has been around it so long, it doesn’t matter, and most friends know I’m a watch guy. It really doesn’t come up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I said something similar above. If you live in a much more extravagant and expensive home than your family and friends, does that mean you can’t invite them over for dinner? What’s the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote