The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 June 2024, 08:52 AM   #31
Oldfellow
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVAZQUEZ View Post
OP waited 15 yrs and you are going to tell him he bought the wrong watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oldfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 09:05 AM   #32
rolesor2022
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OP waited 15 yrs and you are going to tell him he bought the wrong watch.

When the new ref came out, I wasn’t sure how I’d react, but now I know there’s zero question… it’s a huge upgrade vs. the 2021 black dial in so many ways. My friends unanimously liked the new version much more. And it wasn’t even close. It immediately “dates” the prior model (im talking about black dial only, not white)… In person, the bezel on the old version looks a LOT more plasticy and unfinished/out of place/slapped on the top, the center rings look shimmery and cheaper, and the larger/fatter markers etc. also don’t look as refined. Myself and the others agreed, the new model looks much higher end, more balanced, more detailed, more refined. I’ll say it also feels weightier and more solid. Maybe I’m dreaming that part. But certainly feels more solid. Overall, I was really surprised at how much more I like the new model. I was half expecting to have buyer’s remorse. But it’s not even close. Really.

My friend has the prior black dial and we were able to compare side by side. The new is Much more finessed and balanced dial w/ the Zenith proportions. The prior Black ceramic looks "horsey" next to it. Even he agreed and wants to trade his old black for new black.
rolesor2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 09:11 AM   #33
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

It’s the best watch in my collection. I prefer it to my white Daytona and my PN on OF.

Enjoy it! One of THE best in the Rolex lineup IMO.

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 09:14 AM   #34
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolesor2022 View Post
When the new ref came out, I wasn’t sure how I’d react, but now I know there’s zero question… it’s a huge upgrade vs. the 2021 black dial in so many ways. My friends unanimously liked the new version much more. And it wasn’t even close. It immediately “dates” the prior model (im talking about black dial only, not white)… In person, the bezel on the old version looks a LOT more plasticy and unfinished/out of place/slapped on the top, the center rings look shimmery and cheaper, and the larger/fatter markers etc. also don’t look as refined. Myself and the others agreed, the new model looks much higher end, more balanced, more detailed, more refined. I’ll say it also feels weightier and more solid. Maybe I’m dreaming that part. But certainly feels more solid. Overall, I was really surprised at how much more I like the new model. I was half expecting to have buyer’s remorse. But it’s not even close. Really.

My friend has the prior black dial and we were able to compare side by side. The new is Much more finessed and balanced dial w/ the Zenith proportions. The prior Black ceramic looks "horsey" next to it. Even he agreed and wants to trade his old black for new black.

I couldn’t disagree more. The new one is less durable … bezel ding (polish) magnet with a copy dial to the Zenith. I prefer the look of the 116500, and it is far more durable.

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 09:35 AM   #35
MK25toLife
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You should have got the new 12 series black. The 11 series black pales in comparison and its very underwhelming when next to the new 12 black. Way more refined and looks better with the updates
Classless and tasteless
MK25toLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 09:53 AM   #36
Easy Rhino
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2-Line Sub & DJ41
I'm not ready to ask for and expect to obtain a Daytona yet, but I cannot choose between a black or white dial, nor do I need to yet. But they're both beautiful and what a great problem to have! Choose what speaks to your heart and charge forward from there. Who TF cares about detractors?
Easy Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 12:25 PM   #37
rolesor2022
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
I couldn’t disagree more. The new one is less durable … bezel ding (polish) magnet with a copy dial to the Zenith. I prefer the look of the 116500, and it is far more durable.

To each their own. At the end of the day, they're Both fantastic watches. I just prefer the new reference and think it is MUCH better looking than the old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_1img_6910_1 (1).jpg (104.1 KB, 90 views)
Old 28 June 2024, 12:27 PM   #38
rolesor2022
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK25toLife View Post
Classless and tasteless
Okay.
Old 28 June 2024, 12:35 PM   #39
GVAZQUEZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: KERMIT 16610LV
Quote:

And your friends are?? just let it die bro..

And yes for what ever it’s worth I agree everyone has opinions. However OP was not asking for an opinion he was just sharing with us a watch he has been after for several years.

Let’s show support as usual fellas, have a great and safe weekend TRF

GVAZQUEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 12:43 PM   #40
rolesor2022
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And your friends are?? just let it die bro..

And yes for what ever it’s worth I agree everyone has opinions. However OP was not asking for an opinion he was just sharing with us a watch he has been after for several years.

Let’s show support as usual fellas, have a great and safe weekend TRF

At first, OP said, "Strangely, the hype faded fast and I almost got a bit disappointed.."

But I know exactly what he meant and felt when he said that because that's how I felt too when I received the black dial 116500ln. I quickly traded it for the new black dial reference 126500LN and it felt like Moses parted the Red sea all over again. It is one of the most beautiful watches, let alone Daytonas I have ever seen/experienced. Did not mean to offend. Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_1img_6910_1 (1).jpg (104.1 KB, 88 views)
Old 28 June 2024, 11:43 PM   #41
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Then in your opinion the 126500 white is better than 116500 white right? Otherwise all your argumentation doesn’t make any sense!
karleone is online now   Reply With Quote