The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 30 June 2024, 05:02 PM   #31
vakman
"TRF" Member

Watch: The watch.!
Great watch!
Old 30 June 2024, 05:52 PM   #32
Palex
"TRF" Member

Congrats, Enjoy!
Palex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 06:57 PM   #33
Little machines
"TRF" Member

Looks Great !! Congratulations !!
Little machines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:11 AM   #34
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

Looks great - it is not supposed to be a huge piece. Enjoy.
SpeedyTuomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM   #35
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Urosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM   #36
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon7

Way too small on such a huge bloke.....................you should get rid of it Stephen.....

Congratulations and welcome to the club
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:04 AM   #37
grahammackay86
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
Big brother meets little brother!

I wear the odd 40mm Rolex but generally I’d say the sweet spot for me is 41mm. So this is a small watch for me, but as an incoming, it’s as big as it gets. It’s the watch I’ve been after for a number of years. I’ve been with AP House in Bond Street since 2020 and they have been wonderful to deal with on every occasion. They’ve always been very transparent and honest and I knew this would take a few years, but as promised, they have delivered.

Even though that this is the watch I’d wanted for so long, I always had slight concerns over the size and whether it may wear too small. Especially as I go up to 43mm with my ROO. Reality is though it fits perfectly. It just feels amazing on the wrist. Here’s some pictures alongside its big brother

Congratulations!

Question, did it take a while to get used to the size? I probably have a similar collection to yourself, 41mm RO, 43mm ROO and generally prefer GMT’s when it comes to Rolex, is the perfect size IMO. Even with the Daytona I sometimes feel it wears smaller than I’d like and is on the limit with regard to size.

I’m probably a couple of watches away from even being able to obtain one from AP House London but when I’ve tried on a Jumbo before it feels small. Just curious whether when you tried it before actually receiving it you felt the same but after wearing it for some time things have clicked and it feels just right?
grahammackay86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:04 AM   #38
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahammackay86 View Post
Congratulations!

Question, did it take a while to get used to the size? I probably have a similar collection to yourself, 41mm RO, 43mm ROO and generally prefer GMT’s when it comes to Rolex, is the perfect size IMO. Even with the Daytona I sometimes feel it wears smaller than I’d like and is on the limit with regard to size.

I’m probably a couple of watches away from even being able to obtain one from AP House London but when I’ve tried on a Jumbo before it feels small. Just curious whether when you tried it before actually receiving it you felt the same but after wearing it for some time things have clicked and it feels just right?
Hi Graham

For years I think 40mm seemed the size to wear for watches - my Pepsi always felt perfect, yet my Daytona slightly small. Then I got a VC overseas and all of a sudden 41mm seemed perfect . Rolex started increasing to 41mm, AP RO’s at 41mm etc.

So I had a concern about the jumbo’s size. I tried one on at APH a couple of year ago and took a photo of it. Looking back it never looked small. Earlier this year I was lucky enough to go to one of the APH’s in HK and they let me try one on. Again I didn’t worry about it being small. There’s just something sublime about it. It tapers to the wrist so perfectly. Yes it’s smaller than my 15510, but it doesn’t really feel like it - maybe the perfection of the design negates that? Pictures don’t really do it justice. It’s far more impressive on the wrist in real life.

I think though if I wore my offshore and then out it on, I’d notice the difference for a day or so.

Next time you’re in AP see if you can try one on again and take a picture
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:57 AM   #39
tzwick
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613 Sub
Congrats on the new addition! It's great to hear that AP House delivered on their promise. Size concerns are always a factor, but it sounds like it fits you perfectly. The excitement of finally getting a watch you've wanted for so long must be incredible.
tzwick is offline   Reply With Quote