The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 2 April 2022, 02:51 AM   #1
scottmlew
"TRF" Member

strap or bracelet recommendation for RB2 Ti

I have an RB2 Ti that is in need of a new strap. Although I do like the looks of the factory strap, I am not a fan of leather straps for everyday wear. Any suggestions for a high-quality replacement strap from AP or a 3rd party? Plain black would be OK, but something fun that would accent the colors or design features of the watch would be a plus. I am OK with deployant or switching to traditional tang. I would also consider a bracelet, but that is likely to be pricey and I would want to see what it would look like before committing.
scottmlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2022, 05:28 AM   #2
J.T.
"TRF" Member

AP rubber is best. White could be a good option with the black dial potentially?? I have white rubber on a platinum blue face offshore and it looks great
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2022, 12:59 AM   #3
scottmlew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
AP rubber is best. White could be a good option with the black dial potentially?? I have white rubber on a platinum blue face offshore and it looks great
Yeah, I've been very pleased with the AP rubber on my ROO Carbon Novelty. I'm not sure I could pull off the white, but maybe light gray?
Old 3 April 2022, 01:42 AM   #4
raclaims
"TRF" Member

Def post up wherever you chose
Would love to swap my stock strap for a new look
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 01:00 AM   #5
scottmlew
"TRF" Member

Reviving this old thread because I finally made a move!

I ended up going with the gray 20mm AP rubber strap (BR.403.783.004CA) and the AP titanium tang and buckle hardware.

I also looked at the light gray with black trim rubber AP strap (BR.403.783.006CA), and although I really liked the black accents and I think it would have worked, the gray was a bit lighter than I had hoped.

You can also get 24mm strap options, but I wanted to keep the narrower profile of the factory leather strap and see how I like the 20mm in comparison to the 24mm on my other ROO.

I've included some pictures here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20240701_142543118 (Medium).jpg (109.5 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20240701_142639216 (Medium).jpg (126.3 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20240701_142742072 (Medium).jpg (91.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20240701_142930072 (Medium).jpg (79.5 KB, 72 views)
Old 2 July 2024, 01:05 AM   #6
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmlew View Post
Reviving this old thread because I finally made a move!
That was a long time coming

Looks good
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 01:07 AM   #7
J.T.
"TRF" Member

Not bad! I prefer the 24mm personally, that's what I upgraded mine to. And I still think white would have looked great too
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 01:43 AM   #8
scottmlew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
That was a long time coming

Looks good
LOL, yes...I had analysis paralysis and then got distracted. I don't get to boutiques often but I found myself in Tampa for work so that motivated me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
Not bad! I prefer the 24mm personally, that's what I upgraded mine to. And I still think white would have looked great too
Time will tell on the 2 sizes. In addition to the reasons I mentioned in my post, my decision was somewhat motivated by a greater availability of relevant colors in 20mm. I absolutely agree white would look spectacular, but it's just not for me personally.
Old 2 July 2024, 02:19 AM   #9
Armis
"TRF" Member

Excellent choice of grey, Scott

Question: would you please clarify or provide a side by side pic of this 20mm strap with your other ROO with 24mm strap? Is the 20 vs. 24mm referring to the taper of strap, or what exactly?

Thanks.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 03:32 AM   #10
scottmlew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
Question: would you please clarify or provide a side by side pic of this 20mm strap with your other ROO with 24mm strap? Is the 20 vs. 24mm referring to the taper of strap, or what exactly?
The 20 vs 24mm refers to the size the strap tapers to. I am not sure if the size refers to the width of the strap or the width of the hardware, and I don't have a good way to measure right now.

I would love to provide a comparison picture, but I dropped the other ROO off for service, so I don't have it now. I will try to remember to post a comparison pic when I get it back (will be several months).
Old 2 July 2024, 04:28 AM   #11
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmlew View Post
The 20 vs 24mm refers to the size the strap tapers to. I am not sure if the size refers to the width of the strap or the width of the hardware, and I don't have a good way to measure right now.

I would love to provide a comparison picture, but I dropped the other ROO off for service, so I don't have it now. I will try to remember to post a comparison pic when I get it back (will be several months).
No worries, you already explained it is related to the strap taper. I appreciate the clarification and look forward to cool wrist shots of the Rb2
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote