The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 July 2024, 08:41 PM   #31
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
I agree - all points leading towards my theory that the GRNR is the "entry level" GMT Master II, which is fine of course!
However I do believe that's a good reason to think that a lot of people are buying it "because they got the call", and we'll probably continue to see a lot more of these hit the secondary market as the buyers remorse settles in.

I'm sure there are some out there that love it and are happy with their pickups, but it's no BLRO/BLNR/VTNR in terms of desirability, that's for sure.

Not sure I agree on the point it’s below a BLNR, I’ve got both BLRO and BLNR and I’d say BLNR is definitely bottom of the pile, and on jubilee it’s a 100% no for me, just looks wrong, just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mack640dGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 08:57 PM   #32
Ococ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
I think you may be right, there’s a zero purchase history walk-in GRNR right here.. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=951701

The link is reference to my post but I have purchase history I die’t say that I haven’t

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Ococ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 09:02 PM   #33
Neil McCauley
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack640dGC View Post
Not sure I agree on the point it’s below a BLNR, I’ve got both BLRO and BLNR and I’d say BLNR is definitely bottom of the pile, and on jubilee it’s a 100% no for me, just looks wrong, just my opinion

That's great, and it's your personal opinion about the colour, we all have different likes and dislikes. My point isn't about liking/disliking the colour though, more about availability.

It's already proving a lot easier to get hold of at retail than a BLNR ever has. A mere 90 days after launch, and that's a fact. The last new GMT to release was the VTNR, and we didn't even begin to see models hit ADs until ~3 months down the line.

Using my magic crystal ball, the SS GRNR will sit in windows unsold in the not-too-distant future. People won't like it, but that's what'll happen.
Neil McCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 09:22 PM   #34
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Anyone purchased the new 126710 GRNR yet?

Quote:
That's great, and it's your personal opinion about the colour, we all have different likes and dislikes. My point isn't about liking/disliking the colour though, more about availability.

It's already proving a lot easier to get hold of at retail than a BLNR ever has. A mere 90 days after launch, and that's a fact. The last new GMT to release was the VTNR, and we didn't even begin to see models hit ADs until ~3 months down the line.

Using my magic crystal ball, the SS GRNR will sit in windows unsold in the not-too-distant future. People won't like it, but that's what'll happen.

I’ve been offered VTNR and turned it down because it’s not for me so to me that’s easily available but others think it’s hard to get, if you have a good relationship with the AD and don’t flip watches most stuff is obtainable

Old 1 July 2024, 09:29 PM   #35
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Still have the original all black ceramic bezel. I MIGHT go to the new version on Jubilee at some point, but no rush to get that done
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 10:02 PM   #36
Neil McCauley
Banned

Quote:
I’ve been offered VTNR and turned it down because it’s not for me so to me that’s easily available but others think it’s hard to get, if you have a good relationship with the AD and don’t flip watches most stuff is obtainable

VTNR is definitely not an easy watch to get.
Old 1 July 2024, 10:04 PM   #37
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Just sharing my experience.

You like it that’s all that matters, my opinion is for me

Old 2 July 2024, 12:30 AM   #38
Gearjockey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here (USA) it is. Easier to obtain than BLRO and BLNR.

Still a polarizing reference.
Gearjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 05:54 AM   #39
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon10

Quote:

What world is this “magic crystal ball” operating in please?
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 10:24 AM   #40
Neil McCauley
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
What world is this “magic crystal ball” operating in please?
Haha! just a feeling ;)

Everything points to it though, I must say. Such abundant supply available 90 days after Watches & Wonders is simply unheard of.
Old 2 July 2024, 03:43 PM   #41
Mimar2910
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farleyv1 View Post
I can't work out if I prefer the 116710ln over the GRNR. GRNR just seems a bit washed out / incomplete.
+1
I would go with something else instead.
Mimar2910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 02:34 AM   #42
GW44
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Haha! just a feeling ;)

Everything points to it though, I must say. Such abundant supply available 90 days after Watches & Wonders is simply unheard of.
"abundant"?

Don't think there are a lot around and most AD's have just had their initial allocations of the GRNR from what I can see/hear.
Old 3 July 2024, 02:41 AM   #43
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
Quote:
Haha! just a feeling ;)

I agree with you - I don’t think many put their names down on the list for them when released. When I got my BLNR I could have went for the GRNR instead. I personally like a pop of color, but I get the attraction to the GRNR as well.
Old 3 July 2024, 05:01 AM   #44
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
"abundant"?

Don't think there are a lot around and most AD's have just had their initial allocations of the GRNR from what I can see/hear.

Agreed, my AD hasn’t had any yet I believe I will be receiving one of their first ones!

Old 3 July 2024, 05:18 AM   #45
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
They’ve certainly got alot of GMT options now
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 08:15 AM   #46
Neil McCauley
Banned

Quote:
"abundant"?

I disagree - there are a tonne of incoming posts alone just in these channels here on TRF, plus around 125 listed on Chrono24, for a SS GMT a matter of weeks after it was announced.
Compare that to any hot release of the last 4-5yrs and it's unheard of
Old 3 July 2024, 04:34 PM   #47
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I disagree - there are a tonne of incoming posts alone just in these channels here on TRF, plus around 125 listed on Chrono24, for a SS GMT a matter of weeks after it was announced.

You really have a bee in your bonnet about this subject, strange.

Old 3 July 2024, 04:37 PM   #48
Tallbark
"TRF" Member

The new release - does that mean that the 126710 will stick around for a few more years? I was expecting the 41mm non-maxi-case treatment...
Tallbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 06:55 PM   #49
Neil McCauley
Banned

Quote:
You really have a bee in your bonnet about this subject, strange.

Lol it's not strange, I'm just replying to any reply to me as I feel like. Who are you to judge? Free country buddy.
Old 3 July 2024, 07:11 PM   #50
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lol it's not strange, I'm just replying to any reply to me as I feel like. Who are you to judge? Free country buddy.

You seem hell bent on bashing the watch just because there are a couple about.

I don’t bash your left hand drive oddity, just because I don’t like it, and btw that’s the watch that my AD has had in abundance every time I go in, way more than BLNR or BLRO

Anyway it’s a free country as you say and we all like what we like

Old 3 July 2024, 07:29 PM   #51
Neil McCauley
Banned

Quote:
You seem hell bent on bashing the watch just because there are a couple about.

I don’t bash your left hand drive oddity, just because I don’t like it, and btw that’s the watch that my AD has had in abundance every time I go in, way more than BLNR or BLRO

Anyway it’s a free country as you say and we all like what we like

Nothing to do with me liking or not liking the watch - as it happens I quite like it, I wouldn't buy it as I already have 2 GMT Masters but great for those that love it enough to buy it!

I'm merely pointing out that, in my opinion, these are being positioned as an entry-level GMT, which will be available for whoever wants one. If people interpret that as me "bashing" the watch, that's up to them. It's not a negative thing that it will be easily attainable - just a very different shift in the dynamics that we are used to, is all.

I've no doubt that people won't like my opinion or it touches a nerve because they'd prefer to believe the watch is something more special than it is. Chrono24 listings climbing by the day, so soon after launch tells a different story.
Old 3 July 2024, 07:49 PM   #52
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Entry level, you’ve been watching too much of the “Honest Watch” dealer, who made you an authority on what’s entry level.

Also some people just purchase what they want because they like it irrespective of secondary market value, probably because it’s of no consequence to them as they can afford to keep the watch.

Old 3 July 2024, 08:01 PM   #53
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Entry level, you’ve been watching too much of the “Honest Watch” dealer, who made you an authority on what’s entry level.

Also some people just purchase what they want because they like it irrespective of secondary market value, probably because it’s of no consequence to them as they can afford to keep the watch.

Old 3 July 2024, 09:22 PM   #54
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
Great to,see everyone getting along as usual ..
Paul Newman

Being Serious = Onto the list you go
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 12:55 AM   #55
Watchwoody
"TRF" Member

Was anyone offered the ability to buy the other bracelet when purchasing? I know during w and w they implied that you could pick up either at time of purchase.
Watchwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 01:02 AM   #56
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchwoody View Post
Was anyone offered the ability to buy the other bracelet when purchasing? I know during w and w they implied that you could pick up either at time of purchase.

I have a BLRO and BLNR on oyster so haven’t needed to ask.

I believe Hodinkee indicated this was possible

Old 4 July 2024, 01:33 AM   #57
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:

Well said Mack.

Chrono 24 and on-line watch forums are not the entire watch market so quoting them to back up a sketchy theory or statement/s is never going to wash with those that have a wider market view.

IF there are 125 of these GRNR watches for sale Worldwide on Chrono 24 (as quoted by the other guy) that is a) really not a lot at all b) debatable how many exactly exist and are not click bait listings c) there are many Rolex buyers who have no idea about on-line forums and if a watch is worth X or Y and, most likely, don't give a stuff! and d) not any real indicator of the market or the watch's status.
Old 4 July 2024, 01:38 AM   #58
GW44
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Feel free to disagree, would be boring if we all agreed

Could you please tell me what constitutes "a tonne"?? Is is even double figures on TRF??

And given that the GRNR bezel colouring was, relatively speaking, a straightforward R&D (and especially compared to Red and Blue in the BLRO/BLNR) development it really is no surprise whatsoever that the first ones hit the AD's 3 months after W&W.....
Old 4 July 2024, 02:53 AM   #59
Neil McCauley
Banned

Quote:

I have no clue who that dealer is, sorry, your analogy is lost on me.

As for your comment about who made me an authority on what's entry level? The same can be equally said for you - who made you an authority to say my opinion is wrong? There's actually more data to support my theory than there is in your retort:

Quite clearly there are much higher numbers of these GRNRs making it onto the wrists of people very soon after Watches and Wonders, and there are considerably more on the grey market than you would usually see, so soon after release.

I don't get what is so difficult to understand about this statement, it's literally fact - we haven't seen that before, on any SS Rolex in the last 4-6yrs+ so soon after launch. It just doesn't happen.
This leads me to believe that Rolex are likely to make this watch in greater numbers and for it to be more available than its brighter coloured counterpart GMTs, and therefore, more of an entry-level style of GMT.

It's not that hard to understand - this isn't me talking about whether I or other people like/dislike the watch or whether they can afford it, or whatever else you are talking about. Yes people just buy it, in fact a good friend of mine just has bought one because he likes it, and great for him - I don't get why you pointed that out to me, I didn't say anything on the contrary other than some people will buy it because it's just a SS GMT and the latest thing.
Old 4 July 2024, 03:25 AM   #60
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
I have no clue who that dealer is, sorry, your analogy is lost on me.

As for your comment about who made me an authority on what's entry level? The same can be equally said for you - who made you an authority to say my opinion is wrong? There's actually more data to support my theory than there is in your retort:

Quite clearly there are much higher numbers of these GRNRs making it onto the wrists of people very soon after Watches and Wonders, and there are considerably more on the grey market than you would usually see, so soon after release.

I don't get what is so difficult to understand about this statement, it's literally fact - we haven't seen that before, on any SS Rolex in the last 4-6yrs+ so soon after launch. It just doesn't happen.
This leads me to believe that Rolex are likely to make this watch in greater numbers and for it to be more available than its brighter coloured counterpart GMTs, and therefore, more of an entry-level style of GMT.

It's not that hard to understand - this isn't me talking about whether I or other people like/dislike the watch or whether they can afford it, or whatever else you are talking about. Yes people just buy it, in fact a good friend of mine just has bought one because he likes it, and great for him - I don't get why you pointed that out to me, I didn't say anything on the contrary other than some people will buy it because it's just a SS GMT and the latest thing.
To your point, only 7/3 and 124 for sale on Chrono24.