The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 11 July 2024, 01:47 AM   #1
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Tokyo watch shopping AP specific

The hunt was on for the 15503BC and the chrono version of it the 26239BC after the botched deal from a few weeks ago I hit the streets of Tokyo on the hunt.
I hired the YouTuber Austin from the Watch Symposium and he was an absolute great guy. Speaks Japanese and is an American expat. He is more of a vintage Rolex guy but as I also have a vintage Rolex collection we hit it off great.
First off I will tell everyone anything newer is MORE EXPENSIVE HERE THAN IN THE USA So don’t bother coming here it’s a waste of time.
Pepsis for 21k starting and up! Daytonas 116500 series all high 20s low 30s. If your hunting for vintage Rolex ok you can find some deals but beware you need to know what your looking for and experienced.

So we hit the usual Nakano Broadway then Shinjuku then Shibuya we hit a total of about 20-30 shops in total hunting for watches. We did find the watches I was looking for and they are NOT cheaper here even without the taxes. The savings is 9% the way they calculate it not the advertised 10%
I was able to try on at least 12 pieces I wanted to just because there was such a high concentration of time pieces and everyone is very nice.

Next there is NO or very little negotiating. We hit GMT and they had (2) 15503BC and yes they bought them in 2022 for 93K usd each they want 76K usd now for them when you can find them everywhere for 62k usd

Pros and cons of the 15503BC. The dial is much darker in person than I thought and you see in pictures. The watch has an amazing weight to it. I love the PM weight. The price retail was 65k so it’s under retail. For the Japanese market it’s a BIG watch and wears large for sure.

Then I had appointments at the AP house and boutique today and wow the house is great very nice design it’s a lodge style. Small but beautiful. The service was amazing at both spots.
The boutique had at least 40 watches on display and I tried on the Concept split second and wow so sexy. I have pics and video to drop.

The house had the new yellow gold woman’s 34mm gold flake dial. And the wifey tried it on. It’s a banger for sure. The watch not he wifey lol she’s like a Ferrari. Sexy AF but in the shop 90% of the time
Once again the boutique had a massive selection to try on the house had about 6 models total on display. NO I DIDNT ASK FOR ANYTHING why you might ask. Easy. Japan is crushing it! I expected a down economy and a strangled Yen and NOPE these people are smashing the go button on the malls and all luxury goods.
I thought the malls in Florida were busy. Lmaooooooo Japan is crazy.

The most amazing thing about Japan is I brought 3 watches to wear and never ever felt any threats at all. So many Japanese’s are rocking Rolexes and APs and of course the Seiko are everywhere.

Ok 1230am here time for some sleepy
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_5761.jpeg (138.5 KB, 541 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5760.jpeg (132.3 KB, 540 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5758.jpeg (196.5 KB, 541 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5767.jpeg (133.8 KB, 540 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5755.jpeg (185.5 KB, 532 views)
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2024, 01:52 AM   #2
Steele
"TRF" Member

They didn’t get any photos in the house but I asked to take a photo of one of the cases at the boutique
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_5544.jpeg (144.0 KB, 534 views)
Old 11 July 2024, 02:11 AM   #3
ikincooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Certainly looks and sounds like an enjoyable time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ikincooper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2024, 02:29 AM   #4
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Be sure to check out the AP lab in Tokyo, only one in the world and a great experience!
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2024, 06:30 PM   #5
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
That guy is still running these auctions on Moda.
Old 12 July 2024, 01:42 AM   #6
J.T.
"TRF" Member

Very cool. You still going to get the 15503?
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 05:02 AM   #7
911cz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Beautiful AP house and timepieces especially the skeleton Concept. Interesting joinery. Thanks for posting.
911cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 12:18 PM   #8
APhound
"TRF" Member

Sounds like so much fun! Thx for sharing.
I’ve never been there but only hear great things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 05:14 PM   #9
Steele
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
Be sure to check out the AP lab in Tokyo, only one in the world and a great experience!
We did that today and what an amazing experience the whole family did it and they have 2 other secret levels of Watch making they offered us. But we left Japan at 8pm and just landed back in the states.
Old 12 July 2024, 05:17 PM   #10
Steele
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
Very cool. You still going to get the 15503?
Yes. 100%. Already found another one here in the states for $62k. I’m actually deciding between the 5186G blue Patek or the 15503BC which one first lol I will get both for sure but which one first. After trying on the green 5168G. I really like it and they are not much more right now At 69K
Old 12 July 2024, 05:18 PM   #11
Steele
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911cz View Post
Beautiful AP house and timepieces especially the skeleton Concept. Interesting joinery. Thanks for posting.
Yeah that skeleton is amazing the question for me would be RM or AP concept split second for that 200K range
Old 12 July 2024, 05:38 PM   #12
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

The house in Tokyo is the nicest one I’ve been to by far. Did they serve you any whiskey btw? I asked them if I can have some but they told me the whiskey is actually fake bc it’s so hard to get there days. Wasn’t sure if they were telling the truth or if I wasn’t VIP enough lol
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2024, 08:05 AM   #13
explorerdude
"TRF" Member

Found a stunning 15202 at Nakano Broadway for a great price but it was excessively polished and didn’t have that AP brushing. Was a real shame.
explorerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2024, 08:54 AM   #14
2000-NJDEVILS
"TRF" Member

To the OP (Steele) -
Thank you for the Japanese watch market real time intel - very appreciated!!
2000-NJDEVILS is offline   Reply With Quote