The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 12 July 2024, 09:12 AM   #1
midwesterner
"TRF" Member

Loose screw in new to me Royal oak

Hello friends,
Just bought a 15450st and it was working fine upon delivery. Unfortunately, I noticed the rotor making a strange noise and upon further inspection, I see a loose screw. I pulled out the crown and plan to send it to the FL service center. Any other precautions or suggestions?

Thanks!!
midwesterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 09:22 AM   #2
Gandor
"TRF" Member

Besides pulling the crown and sending it off there's not much else you can do without opening the watch, which you do NOT want to do.
Old 12 July 2024, 09:23 AM   #3
midwesterner
"TRF" Member

It sounds like Clearwater service center does not accept watches directly but only if the watch is brought to a boutique….that is strange since I’d prefer to send it directly.
Old 12 July 2024, 09:46 AM   #4
yOyOYoo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesterner View Post
It sounds like Clearwater service center does not accept watches directly but only if the watch is brought to a boutique….that is strange since I’d prefer to send it directly.
That is very strange. Is there a boutique near you? Might be fun to drop by for a visit and a chat.
yOyOYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 11:12 AM   #5
midwesterner
"TRF" Member

They never answer their phones and I’ve been told they will just send it to Clearwater if the case needs to be opened.

It sucks that I just got the watch and now it’s going to need a service. Anyone have an estimate on how much time AP needs for this type of service? I assume it’s a few months ☹️
Old 12 July 2024, 11:20 AM   #6
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This practice has been ongoing for a couple of years in Singapore. Service centre no longer accepts walk in. All servicing/repairs to be sent in via Boutique only.
Octagon Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 11:21 AM   #7
Kiwi-cucumber
"TRF" Member

Watch: 77350ce
Quote:
They never answer their phones and I’ve been told they will just send it to Clearwater if the case needs to be opened.

It sucks that I just got the watch and now it’s going to need a service. Anyone have an estimate on how much time AP needs for this type of service? I assume it’s a few months ☹️
I had to send an offshore in for a warranty issue around the second week of May, and got it back in late June. About 1.5 months turn around time. They did a full service. I imagine yours would be similar.
Kiwi-cucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 11:33 AM   #8
midwesterner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi-cucumber View Post
I had to send an offshore in for a warranty issue around the second week of May, and got it back in late June. About 1.5 months turn around time. They did a full service. I imagine yours would be similar.
Thanks that is a good data point. I assume that my issue would be covered with the warranty. Anyone have a different experience?
Old 12 July 2024, 12:05 PM   #9
johnsonsxusfrt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I've sent 2 of my APs directly to Clearwater but that was more than 3 years ago. Have things changed?
johnsonsxusfrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 12:09 PM   #10
APhound
"TRF" Member

That doesn’t sound right. I just got a watch back from Clearwater this week and I don’t even have a boutique. PM me if you want contacts down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 11:04 PM   #11
J.T.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not true. I deal direct with Clearwater for all servicing. Call and leave a voicemail if they don't answer. They will return your call. Great crew down there
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2024, 02:53 AM   #12
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Easiest way is to request service in your AP account. They respond right away and ship you order form and packaging.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk / Rolex 116500 Panda / Rolex 126710 BLRO / Rolex 126610LV Green / Rolex 16570 Black/ Rolex 116300 Blue / Rolex 126710 BLNR
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote