The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 July 2024, 05:20 AM   #31
RLXWillis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub Date
Definitely post pics and feedback. I need to commit to my AD to buy one sight unseen.
RLXWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2024, 06:44 AM   #32
Subzy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROlesorusLEX View Post
Can't unsee that

Sent from my CPH2583 using Tapatalk

The Tudor Peppa Pig . You saw the nickname here first
Subzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2024, 07:30 AM   #33
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas
Just got mine in the mail today from my boutique. Love it and really complements my other Daytonas/watches. Fell in love with the bracelet and dial to become my first Tudor. Going to be a fun watch to wear.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
jbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2024, 08:11 AM   #34
MrAtomic
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16700 GMT II
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLXWillis View Post
Definitely post pics and feedback. I need to commit to my AD to buy one sight unseen.
Hi all -- longtime lurker, figured this was my opportunity to start contributing, although I find the accumulated knowledge of this website a little intimidating.

I had a chance to handle and wear the Tudor Pink about two weeks ago. I was in my AD (which contains its own RSC) to have my 16700 GMT serviced.

Because my only Rolexes are the 16700, a 1665 Sea-Dweller, and a 1970 Cellini, I don't have much experience with six-digit watches.

I did, though, own a Tudor Black Bay Harrod's for a while. And immediately before trying on the Tudor Pink, I was able to wear a Sea-Dweller 43 and an Explorer II Polar.

One other bit of relevant info: I really like pink. I'm wearing pink shoes as I type.

The Tudor Pink is not garish -- I walked past it a couple of times before noticing it in a display case, even though the watch was at eye level. It looks fantastic. The combo of muted pink and black with white and red accents totally works.

On my wrist, I don't feel like the watch face was any more attention-grabbing than the Polar Explorer II I had on a few minutes earlier.

It felt comfortable on my wrist, but the case is quite thick, which reminded me of my Harrod's Black Bay. I have an 8" wrist and even so, the Black Bay's size and weight were irritating. They're why I sold it.

The SA was able to properly fit the Tudor Pink without using the micro adjustment feature, and since I have no experience with it, I can't comment.

My memories are two weeks old but I think the Sea-Dweller 43 felt better than the Tudor Pink. The Explorer II felt better than both (I acknowledge these are three very different watches).

I like bracelets with a brushed finish, and the polished center sections of the Tudor's bracelet were not my thing. Definitely not a deal-breaker, though. A pink watch should have a little flash, right?

Daytona fans, ignite your torches, but I also don't like the look of screw-down chrono pushers.

So: the Tudor is less solid on the wrist than the SD43; the case is very thick; there's a bit too much polished hardware; and screw-down chrono pushers detract from the look

... and I don't care about any of that. The Tudor just made me smile. Laugh, even. It's a blast to handle and wear.

Despite my poor experiences with a heavy, big-case Tudor, despite my multiple issues with the Pink, I asked to buy it. That's when the SA told me I could wear it for as long as I liked in the store, but that I wasn't leaving with it.

Cue the sad trombones.

I did put myself on the waiting list, which goes to show how much logic plays in my watch-buying decisions.
MrAtomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2024, 09:40 AM   #35
rockysw
"TRF" Member

any further information on availability now that it is available on Tudor website?
rockysw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2024, 09:51 AM   #36
Scapegoat
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Pro
Tudor did the right thing during the release by marketing it as a watch that will not be produced in big numbers.

If released as a normal watch during Watches & Wonders 2024, I doubt it will generate much traction as the Tudor Chronos were never a big hit. (Too thick)
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2024, 04:54 PM   #37
911cz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Great watch for a collection but not at this price. Was offered one yesterday but couldn’t pay the premium he wanted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 36AF5C54-ECC7-4D79-95DF-5703035D4F56.jpeg (77.5 KB, 205 views)
911cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 07:00 PM   #38
doc212121
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobyone View Post
Lucky to be picking one up this week, very much looking forward to it.
Congrats
doc212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2024, 01:24 AM   #39
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtomic View Post
Hi all -- longtime lurker… I did put myself on the waiting list, which goes to show how much logic plays in my watch-buying decisions.
Hi MrAtomic. Excellent first post.

I love Tudor, and the colours are interesting with this one, but I keep seeing the .
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2024, 08:32 AM   #40
BBRAYS
"TRF" Member

Very nice one from Tudor, My AD said they recently sold one.
BBRAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2024, 09:07 AM   #41
misochew
"TRF" Member

Watch: n+1
Got to try one on a couple weeks ago at a Tudor boutique. Wasn’t expecting them to have one on hand. Liked it more than I’d expected. Used my 300m for size comparison. SA said it would be short wait time (couple months), but unless demand skyrockets, anyone who wants one, can get one.

Old 13 July 2024, 11:23 PM   #42
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
That is good news as I am waiting on one from my AD. I am watching the prices in the secondary market drop like a rock so after a while, and if prices continue to fall, I will pick one up. Either through my AD or secondary market.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2024, 12:02 AM   #43
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
1st batch on Moda was like 20k. Then 17... 16.. 15 now 11k
Old 14 July 2024, 12:03 AM   #44
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
I’m surprised so many like this watch. I didn’t care for it at all after seeing one in person.
Kinnakeet is offline   Reply With Quote