The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 15 July 2024, 01:55 PM   #1
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Aftermarket Bezels On Your Rolex?

Lets see them! Used to be more popular before they moved to the ceramic insert as it was easier to swap. Would love to see some if you guys have swapped them for fun.

Was thinking of grabbing an older aluminium insert no date and throwing some wacky color on it like pink :)
Old 15 July 2024, 03:17 PM   #2
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.

Old 15 July 2024, 04:12 PM   #3
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Probably won’t get a lot of posts (too many here would label it a “Frankenwatch”), but I always appreciate when people make their pieces their own!
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Old 15 July 2024, 05:54 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
Lets see them! Used to be more popular before they moved to the ceramic insert as it was easier to swap. Would love to see some if you guys have swapped them for fun.

Was thinking of grabbing an older aluminium insert no date and throwing some wacky color on it like pink :)
Well in general the forum does not talk about aftermarket parts to put on genuine Rolex watches.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 15 July 2024, 05:55 PM   #5
Mk2rick
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedy Tuesday ST1
why would you want to do that to your rolex timepiece? Leave it the way it came out from the factory
Old 15 July 2024, 06:05 PM   #6
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well in general the forum does not talk about aftermarket parts to put on genuine Rolex watches.
Tons of old threads of people doing that.

I think as prices have gone up people are simply less willing to mod their watches.

Btw an insert is easily reversible.
Old 15 July 2024, 06:17 PM   #7
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Only Rolex OEM for me
Old 15 July 2024, 06:33 PM   #8
Jonny8
"TRF" Member

I’ve got an OEM LN insert on my 16610LV and think it looks awesome. Swap between them both, as with the 5 digit case and maxi dial for me it’s the best daily wear sub.
Old 15 July 2024, 06:33 PM   #9
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk2rick View Post
why would you want to do that to your rolex timepiece? Leave it the way it came out from the factory
Do you only use OEM strap too? 😂
Old 15 July 2024, 07:06 PM   #10
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Tons of old threads of people doing that.

I think as prices have gone up people are simply less willing to mod their watches.

Btw an insert is easily reversible.
Would doubt if there are tons of threads about putting aftermarket stuff on genuine Rolex watches perhaps straps nato etc.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 15 July 2024, 10:49 PM   #11
gamingdoctor
"TRF" Member

The 16710 does bezel swaps amazingly well!
Old 16 July 2024, 12:15 AM   #12
Stan Cooper

Watch: GMT-Master II
FWIW, I have been officially admonished by a moderator for posting pictures of my 16710 GMT II with an aftermarket ceramic bezel insert. I was accused of violating TRF Rule 5:

5. THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR THE DISCUSSION OF FAKE WATCHES, BRACELETS ETC, and your opinion are about FAKE WATCHES and who makes them, sells them, buys them and wears them is NOT welcome.

I believe rule 5 is vague and subject to interpretation when it comes to aftermarket bezel inserts specifically, but it's not my forum and I have agreed to comply with the moderator's interpretation.
♛16710 GMT-Master II, ♛1915 Rolex WW1 Trench Watch, Zelos Thresher 500m GMT Meteorite, Zelos Swordfish 40 200m Ti Blood Moon Meteorite, Hamilton Pilot Chronograph, Ball Roadmaster Pilot GMT COSC Chronometer, Zelos Mako 300M True GMT Meteorite, Seiko SSC813 quartz solar powered chronograph
It's weird being the same age as old people.

- Stan
Old 16 July 2024, 12:19 AM   #13
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Those days are gone.
Old 16 July 2024, 12:30 AM   #14
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Those days are gone.
No they haven't forum rules are still forum rules and should be obeyed 100%,and things like aftermarket bezels if not made by Rolex then it's a fake part..

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 16 July 2024, 01:03 AM   #15
Easy Rhino
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2-Line Sub & DJ41
I've only been rocking a Rolex for about 19 years and have seen dozens if not hundreds in the wild over the decades but until recently had never seen one with an aftermarket bezel. This one was on a recent flight where the wearer had replaced the factory Rolex bezel with a diamond encrusted aftermarket bezel of which they were very proud. Not my taste at all but it was his watch. Actually tacky if you ask my opinion although I was polite enough to not say anything negative about the wearer's tastes.
Old 16 July 2024, 03:53 AM   #16
PenDelicate
"TRF" Member

Watch: Just a Daytona
Quote:

Bring it on!

Would love to see some whacky pics.

I used to add aftermarket parts to my Rolex ... in that I used to wear my Sub on an Everest strap.

Love seeing people enjoying their watches.
Old 16 July 2024, 04:03 AM   #17
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
No they haven't forum rules are still forum rules and should be obeyed 100%,and things like aftermarket bezels if not made by Rolex then it's a fake part..

I was referring to the aftermarket bezels that was so popular in the late 80’s and early 90s. Those days of high modding Rolex watches “are gone”.
Old 16 July 2024, 04:06 AM   #18
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Cooper View Post
FWIW, I have been officially admonished by a moderator for posting pictures of my 16710 GMT II with an aftermarket ceramic bezel insert. I was accused of violating TRF Rule 5:

5. THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR THE DISCUSSION OF FAKE WATCHES, BRACELETS ETC, and your opinion are about FAKE WATCHES and who makes them, sells them, buys them and wears them is NOT welcome.

I believe rule 5 is vague and subject to interpretation when it comes to aftermarket bezel inserts specifically, but it's not my forum and I have agreed to comply with the moderator's interpretation.
To me something like an obvious aftermarket part is just like a third party leather or rubber strap.

IE we all know you can't get a purple rolex bezel and the part isnt branded.
Old 16 July 2024, 04:43 AM   #19
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
I was referring to the aftermarket bezels that was so popular in the late 80’s and early 90s. Those days of high modding Rolex watches “are gone”.
Well been on this forum ever since it started and only genine Rolex bezels I have seen interchanged were on watche like the 16710 range.Where you could at one time get all three 16710 inserts and DIY interchange.And watches like the 16610 and 16610LV where some wanted to swap black to green and visa versa,and because of this the 16610 LV green insert now is silly prices from Rolex and now RSC exchange only.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Closed Thread