The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 July 2024, 12:20 PM   #151
Lever Escapement
"TRF" Member

In the short time that I've been a member I have seen multiple posts about how ruthless the RSC's can be.
I wonder why that is..........
Lever Escapement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2024, 12:23 PM   #152
Sunny Arizona
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
I know this thread is a little old. If I have a DJ41, 2020 stamped warranty card, and the watch is running +7 seconds per day, should I send it to the RSC for Regulation and do they charge for this service??
They would want a full service.
Old 16 July 2024, 12:26 PM   #153
Kevin of Larchmont
Banned

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
what do you mean by a “miracle”?
Hoo boy…
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2024, 12:27 PM   #154
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

Kat, remember like a car it’s only original once, I would not send it in, if it working within tolerances. I don’t think anything will happen to it , if you decide to send it.
damage at RSC is rare but not impossible.

Cheers,
Zach69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2024, 12:34 PM   #155
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Arizona View Post
They would want a full service.
Watch is supposed to be -2/+2 during warranty period. They want a full service during this period to bring it back to spec?

Has anyone sent their watch back for just regulation and been charged full service.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2024, 02:19 PM   #156
NAUI1982
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
I was wondering if you guys plan to send your watches to RSC, for a full service, right before your warranty expires, or do you not worry about such things. I was thinking of telling them it’s running a little slow, even if it’s running fine. I would consider it preventive maintenance, like an oil change for your car. Am I way out of line here? Just wondering if it’s a crazy thought.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Have definitely thought the same thing and never have. I just had two watches serviced, my 14 year old submariner just got serviced. Nothing wrong with it, I wanted the movement oiled and tuned. Then I had an 11 year old Daytona stop. It’s still being serviced and I should have it back in a week or so.

When I scored my brand new 126500LN, they told me Rolex now recommends servicing at the 10 year mark if nothing out of the ordinary occurs with it.

PS Kat, when I sent my Submariner in, I asked for a light polish of the oyster bracelet, it was heavily worn and I wanted it to come back looking fresh again. I could have sent it out saying movement service only and no polishing. I don’t think they arbitrarily do services without first sending a notice to the owner with an estimate and recommendation.

My wife had a DJ 36 that she accidentally left the crown open and went swimming. It fogged up and also stopped. RSC sent us an estimate for repairs, and also suggested the dial and hands be replaced, signs of water damage. They also asked if we wanted the bracelet tightened up and polished. They were very good about asking us what we wanted and giving us the choice.

My .02 is don’t bother at five years.
NAUI1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2024, 02:24 PM   #157
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Should We Send to RSC Right Before 5 Yr Warranty Up for a Check Up?

Quote:
I know this thread is a little old. If I have a DJ41, 2020 stamped warranty card, and the watch is running +7 seconds per day, should I send it to the RSC for Regulation and do they charge for this service??

You should be fine, as it’s not running within their stated specs and it’s still under warranty. No charge! Just make sure the average gain is +7 seconds per day consistently and not from checking it once 4 days after synchronization. At 4 days it would be 28 seconds fast in your case. I’m not sure I’d trust a Chinese Timegrapher either. They can be less than precise. I’m sure I sound like Captain Obvious, but just making sure. I use Time. gov to synchronize, then check my watches
a week later, while keeping them running, of course.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote