The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 25 July 2024, 07:46 PM   #1
Sherwooddavid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Speedmaster reserve only 14 hours

Lately I noticed I’m only getting about 14 hours reserve on my Speedmaster 311.30.42.30.01.005 - Movement - 1861
I purchased the watch from our local AD in Dec. 2020 and it’s supposed to have a reserve of 48 hours.
I wind it until I feel resistance as per the manual so I think I’m doing that right.
I'm thinking I should take it in to have it looked at before the warranty runs out.
Is anyone else not getting the full 48 hours reserve ?
Sherwooddavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2024, 08:27 PM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwooddavid View Post
...I wind it until I feel resistance...
Wind it until the crown literally stops you from winding it. If the watch isn't running then this should take at least 30 repetitions of the twisting motion you use, and exactly how many it takes depends on exactly what your twisting motion is like. When the watch is fully wound the crown will literally stop turning. It'll feel like shutting off a water spigot or screwing the cap onto a bottle of wine. It will simply stop and not turn any longer. This "until you feel resistance" language is vague (I realize it's Omega's language, so this isn't criticizing yours).

Yes, my Speedmaster Pro with Caliber 1861 runs for at least 48 hours after being fully wound.

Did yours used to run for at least 48 hours and now it has changed? If you determine you're winding it all the way up and it still runs for 14 hours then it needs to be serviced.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote