The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 December 2023, 04:27 AM   #31
EEpro
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njkdog View Post
Sure

Do you agree with post 19?
Old 28 December 2023, 05:02 AM   #32
james309
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlube1151001 View Post
During April I was at my A.D and during the conversation he mentioned he has a milgauss for sale and I bought it. Though I have other rolexes I started liking this watch and wear it more often than others.I do understand there is a bit of dislike for this watch . Is there any specific reason for it.
As mentioned, not everyone likes everything. Thats the beauty of life.
I have a Milgauss GV and absolutely love it, is my most worn watch.
Its very rare to see another being worn.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk
james309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2023, 08:05 AM   #33
MaxMaxBetty
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116400 White
Both the white and z-blue dial here. Both get lots of wrist time - fantastic watches!
MaxMaxBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2023, 08:21 AM   #34
matthew P
"TRF" Member

I’m a big fan is the green Chrystal and the blue dial…… I imagine it would wear and look extremely good in the new AirKing case…..
Be very interesting to see how a redesign looks and how it’s received

..Explorer & Spring Diver - I’m just here for the photos..
matthew P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2023, 01:12 PM   #35
mikea
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and AP
Does anyone know when the white 116400 was discontinued?
mikea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2023, 05:17 PM   #36
painexpert
Banned

[QUOTE=mrlube1151001;13080382]During April I was at my A.D and during the conversation he mentioned he has a milgauss for sale and I bought it. Though I have other rolexes I started liking this watch and wear it more often than others.I do understand there is a bit of dislike for this watch . Is there any specific reason for

If you love it that is what matters.
painexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2024, 08:52 PM   #37
xrole
"TRF" Member

I just made my first grey market watch purchase... a Milgauss Z Blue. I am in love with the quirky looks of it and the colour of the dial is sublime. The green glass also makes it look very unique. I tried on the black version in a local store the the size and thickness was fine.

I should get it in a week or so. I paid just under the going market price for one in very good condition (basically like new) and it will complement my OP 39mm white and 40mm Explorer. After this I have my sights set on something in slate grey to complete the set of colours I usually wear. :)
xrole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2024, 08:55 PM   #38
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrole View Post
I just made my first grey market watch purchase... a Milgauss Z Blue. I am in love with the quirky looks of it and the colour of the dial is sublime. The green glass also makes it look very unique. I tried on the black version in a local store the the size and thickness was fine.

I should get it in a week or so. I paid just under the going market price for one in very good condition (basically like new) and it will complement my OP 39mm white and 40mm Explorer. After this I have my sights set on something in slate grey to complete the set of colours I usually wear. :)
Congratulations in advance
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2024, 09:02 PM   #39
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
I’ve never felt the love for the Milgauss - but if it’s the one you wanted then enjoy .. and yes the green glass is kinda quirky and offers something different .l
Paul Newman

Being Serious = Onto the list you go
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2024, 09:32 PM   #40
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II Evr, SUB
I owned the z-blue for a year. The dial was interesting, I loved it when it looked blue, but in some lighting it had an aqua tone which I didn't like and ended up selling it. I think the black dial or white dial are the ones to have, just MHO.
911991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 06:01 AM   #41
mrlube1151001
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41 TT sub
Congratulations. It’s a nice watch to wear.
mrlube1151001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 06:21 AM   #42
M@2
"TRF" Member

I am on the LOVE side for Milgauss, and I think it is sometimes a "plus" when things you like are out of favor.
M@2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 06:28 AM   #43
dennispennis
"TRF" Member

the gimmicky second hands make me think of some 15th variation Omega
dennispennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 06:33 AM   #44
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
I didn't push this as much as I should have with my AD when I wanted one, I kind of let the situation meander as I went after other watches and then Rolex pulled the plug. Now the watch is worth way more than I am willing to pay on the pre-loved market.

It is a design I really like and often kick myself for not being more proactive.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 08:32 AM   #45
stockae92
2024 Pledge Member

I am glad I got a white milgauss and its a keeper.

I think people don't like it because its different. not exactly what you have in mind when you say "Rolex".

That's exactly why I like it. Its ok, not everybody have to like the same thing.
stockae92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 08:34 AM   #46
wgdaytona
2024 Pledge Member

Milly

It may not get a lot of love, but that does not make it not a great watch. I thoroughly enjoyed mine. As seen below I even played around with different straps. When my son graduated college I layed out 8 expensive watches in front of him and said, I love you -pick one. He picked the Milly. I had a full service done, placed it back in its original box with all the papers and wrapped it for him. He opened it at dinner at a fine steakhouse. Giant smile, even though he already knew.

The Milly is very cool, different and underrated. If you like it, buy it and enjoy. Period. I miss mine. Luckily, he leaves it here at my house since he is still in apartment land. He wears it around when he comes to visit and will take it permanently eventually. So I do get to cheat occasionally and still wear it.

IMG_5176.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg
wgdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 12:10 PM   #47
Jackie Daytona
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
Quote:

Congrats! Post some picks when it comes in. It’s a beautiful watch!
Old 7 August 2024, 12:22 PM   #48
daysky1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlube1151001 View Post
During April I was at my A.D and during the conversation he mentioned he has a milgauss for sale and I bought it. Though I have other rolexes I started liking this watch and wear it more often than others.I do understand there is a bit of dislike for this watch . Is there any specific reason for it.
That was actually one of the first Rolex watches that I purchased I got the black dial with the orange lightning bolt second hand I like the contrast between black and orange then I heard so many people talking about the blue dial that when I freed up some extra money I decided to buy that both of them have the green sapphire crystal I know they make others with the clear sapphire crystal and I think they look really great but the added green sapphire caused mine to be even more unique as I don't believe there's another watchmaker in the world that can make a green sapphire. And I like things that are unique
daysky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 12:27 PM   #49
daysky1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcon71 View Post
There are vocal critics of every Rolex reference. You can ask the question but you won’t get any meaningful answer, just a lot of noise. We’ll never see another Milgauss so be happy you were able to buy one at an AD.
You may be right or not time will tell
daysky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 06:31 PM   #50
xrole
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911991 View Post
I owned the z-blue for a year. The dial was interesting, I loved it when it looked blue, but in some lighting it had an aqua tone which I didn't like and ended up selling it. I think the black dial or white dial are the ones to have, just MHO.
I really like the mix of blue and green so that is what is attracting me to the watch!

I have a Yacht Master blue on order too so with my AD when that eventually arrives it will satisfy my "true blue" dial desires. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Daytona View Post
Congrats! Post some picks when it comes in. It’s a beautiful watch!
Thanks, will do! :)
Old 7 August 2024, 06:56 PM   #51
Moonwatcher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild View Post
Probably the coolest looking white dial none-date Rolex I have ever seen.
Extremely good looking indeed!
Old 8 August 2024, 06:08 PM   #52
art1810
"TRF" Member

If you haven't seem a Z-Blue in direct sunlight, you have haven't seen the watch.

In direct sunlight the Z-Blue has an edge lighting effect that is stunningly beautiful. No other watch looks like this.

Then, there is the interplay between the Z-Blue sunburst dial, and the GV crystal, which are each optically variable, so that the combined effect under different light and angles results in a myriad of different optical effects.

In direct sunlight this is the most visually interesting and beautiful Rolex ever made. Nothing comes close.

As for the lighting bolt hour hand, the truth is I barely notice it.

Further, take a Z-Blue out in the rain and see what happens to the water droplets on the crystal...they turn the same colour as the GV crystal.
art1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 07:44 PM   #53
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Everytime I think of selling my Z Blue I see a pic of someone wearing it and change my mind. I could've sold it at double my cost, but now I'm happy I didn't. This is a model that is never coming back in my opinion, and the Z Blue is a very special model because of the green crystal, blue dial, and orange lightning bolt. Give it 5+ years and you will see massive interest again. I say again because the Milgauss used to sell at double retail when it was first introduced again after a long time in it's new redesign. It is maybe the first Rolex to command over double retail even before the Daytona, and the Rolex sports models hype.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 08:38 PM   #54
shoppy
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP and daytona
I love mine it was my wedding watch and there at the birth of my daughter so has some lovely memories. Love the dial and its marmite you like it or you don’t. The same goes for my celebration dial I love the colour and quirky vibes of the watch.
PP, JLC, VC, Swatch ,Casio, Timex.
shoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 09:00 PM   #55
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II Evr, SUB
Quote:
I really like the mix of blue and green so that is what is attracting me to the watch!

I have a Yacht Master blue on order too so with my AD when that eventually arrives it will satisfy my "true blue" dial desires. :)

Thanks, will do! :)
Different strokes for different folks, cool that you like the green/blue hues, enjoy it, it really is a cool watch to sport
911991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 09:30 PM   #56
chrissimons
"TRF" Member

Maybe Rolex will make a new Milgauss someday :-)
chrissimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 09:41 PM   #57
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissimons View Post
Maybe Rolex will make a new Milgauss someday :-)
Slim chance, even if it did the Z Blue will always be special as I doubt Rolex will do a green glass, blue dial, orange electric hand, and a magnetic cage again.
Old 8 August 2024, 09:49 PM   #58
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
Congratulations! I find the white dial Milgauss to be the most attractive, and I would love to give it a try in my collection.

Sometimes, it can take years or even decades for someone or something to gain appreciation. The 4 digit Daytona is an example of that. In fact, the original 4 digit Milgauss was overshadowed by the Sub and was pretty much unwanted. Now, they're a grail for most.

What is attractive about Rolex is that they stick to their heritage. The Datejust, Day Date, Sub, GMT, Explorer, Daytona, etc., all look close to identical to their original iterations. Now, compare the 4 digit Milgauss with the 6 digit version, and you'll notice that they look dissimilar to each other. I believe this is a significant reason why the modern Milgauss is often overlooked.

This thread needs eye candy:

This bad boy sold for $2.5 million
The white Milly is just so beautiful. I had a chance to get it twice from my AD with a good discount but didn't pull the trigger. I wish I did.
Old 8 August 2024, 11:29 PM   #59
xrole
"TRF" Member

Hi everyone a question... I want to replace the Milgauss Z blue PCL bracelet with a brushed steel Oyster bracelet. Would a regular Oyster bracelet fit on it? Or what specific size do I need?
Old 13 August 2024, 06:06 PM   #60
xrole
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi everyone a question... I want to replace the Milgauss Z blue PCL bracelet with a brushed steel Oyster bracelet. Would a regular Oyster bracelet fit on it? Or what specific size do I need?
Any advice on this please? :)