The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 22 August 2024, 06:00 AM   #1
alex1028
"TRF" Member

Both Husband and I are new to Patek, husband wants a 6119R

He is not a watch lover like me, but he wants this one badly. We have been to our local PP boutique 2 times in the past 6 months. We have no purchase history with PP or this boutique. We will not go to the reseller market because it is not anywhere near our scope of expertise.
I know all about the Rolex and AP game and have been an active participant and proud owner. I am just confused as to what needs to be done in this case. The SA actually told my husband he was next in line for when they get the watch. So what should we expect? Thank you. Also take it easy on me , this is actually my first thread ever.

Last edited by alex1028; 22 August 2024 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: grammar
alex1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2024, 06:31 AM   #2
mrlosangeles
"TRF" Member

Oh, Hi, Alex -
Welcome to the Forum! 6119 is a beautiful reference in R and G, although I'm partial to G. What a great starter reference—no doubt your hubby will enjoy it for many years. Hang tight—you'll likely get a call within the next three months or so to pick up that beautiful new 6119!

Tell us what reference you are considering for your first Patek.
mrlosangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2024, 07:23 AM   #3
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
From my observations, these seem to be available at ADs with little wait or discounted via grey.

Trusted grey - https://www.takuyawatches.com/produc...2022-full-set/
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2024, 07:58 AM   #4
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Welcome to the forum! If your AD says you are next in line, then I would think you should get the watch within 6 months. Has your husband had the chance to try one on? Based on the specs I thought I would love it, but on the wrist it was awkward for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2024, 08:34 AM   #5
alex1028
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlosangeles View Post
Oh, Hi, Alex -
Welcome to the Forum! 6119 is a beautiful reference in R and G, although I'm partial to G. What a great starter reference—no doubt your hubby will enjoy it for many years. Hang tight—you'll likely get a call within the next three months or so to pick up that beautiful new 6119!

Tell us what reference you are considering for your first Patek.
That is a very good question. I am researching still, but I love the 5267/200A. In the green or black. Maybe next year.
Old 22 August 2024, 08:36 AM   #6
alex1028
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Welcome to the forum! If your AD says you are next in line, then I would think you should get the watch within 6 months. Has your husband had the chance to try one on? Based on the specs I thought I would love it, but on the wrist it was awkward for me.

He tried one very similar. He loves the idea of the thinness. Awkward why?
Old 22 August 2024, 10:03 AM   #7
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1028 View Post
He is not a watch lover like me, but he wants this one badly. We have been to our local PP boutique 2 times in the past 6 months. We have no purchase history with PP or this boutique. We will not go to the reseller market because it is not anywhere near our scope of expertise.
I know all about the Rolex and AP game and have been an active participant and proud owner. I am just confused as to what needs to be done in this case. The SA actually told my husband he was next in line for when they get the watch. So what should we expect? Thank you. Also take it easy on me , this is actually my first thread ever.
Hi, should be readily available maybe with a little wait, I'd call a few Ads in your area. I personally would just save a few bucks and buy from one of the trusted sellers on the forum like Takuya watches or Nashville Watch . I personally have a great experience with them and I know many others here did too. I also heard good things about European Watch Co in Boston - https://www.europeanwatch.com/patek-philippe.html
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2024, 07:51 PM   #8
Vasco
"TRF" Member

Welcome Alex,

The 6119 is a great model. One or two years ago, the market was on the retailers' side, the demand exceeding the offer, especially since 2020. However, last months trend shows a reversal.

Hence, like mentionned above, I think it becomes totally possible to get one, without waiting too long, from AD.

Keep us informed :)
Vasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2024, 10:50 PM   #9
nhoangtam
"TRF" Member

Hi Alex,
I think you will receive the call and it's usually come when you least expected. I received my first Patek Calatrava from the AD 5 months after initial visit and expressed my interest. And I had no prior history with this AD. I really believe the AD is just waiting for the piece to come in. Just a little patient and good luck. Enjoy the moment when you pick it up.
nhoangtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2024, 08:24 AM   #10
mrlosangeles
"TRF" Member

A very beautiful one indeed. What do you love most about it?

Quote:
That is a very good question. I am researching still, but I love the 5267/200A. In the green or black. Maybe next year.
mrlosangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2024, 10:40 AM   #11
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
He tried one very similar. He loves the idea of the thinness. Awkward why?

It wears very flat with long lugs -
So wears larger than most other 40mm watches I own - and wasn’t comfortable on my wrist for those reasons.

JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2024, 11:52 PM   #12
KBM
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Welcome and great choice! I'll second the suggestions in this thread for using one of the many trusted dealers already mentioned and saving considerably on this model. It's a stunning piece.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 03:56 AM   #13
jw0n
"TRF" Member

I believe it is very possible to get 6119 in today's climate. It is a beautiful watch; just have some patience and wait it out.

Instagram: @itsjw0n
jw0n is offline   Reply With Quote