The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 30 August 2024, 09:57 PM   #1
Il-Re
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT2
Royal Oak Offshore Bracelet - Opinions and Advice?

Hi All,

I recently purchased a circa 2006 25721ST from a reputable dealer. Very happy with the watch however I did notice something the other day. The polishing on the first link that attaches to the case is not symmetrical with the other side, (i.e one side appears more polished than the other). To my understanding the watch has been serviced twice by AP and has not been touched by a 3rd party (the case work is very good, in general everything is good, all the lines and angles retained).

This made me think however, is the offhshore bracelet more handfinished than a normal royal oak bracelet, (where the polished edge is a uniform angle and done to the whole bracelet) compared to the offshore which is potentially done link by link to create the 'rainbow' shape on each link?

I'm in two minds now, I still have a week where I can return it if I want to. Do you think the bracelet can be polished so that it is at least more even on all sides? Appreciate this is a level of OCD many don't have but these thing frustratingly do bug me especially on watches that are not cheap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CaptureOS1.JPG (76.2 KB, 177 views)
Old 31 August 2024, 12:23 AM   #2
johnsonsxusfrt
Banned

its a 2006, so unless you buy one that's beat up and never been polished you're likely not going to find a better one (they'll all have some imperfection that will aggravate your OCD). TBH I would live with it, and yes my OCD would bug the crap out of me for weeks but you'll stop noticing it when the next imperfection on another watch catches your eye LOL!!
johnsonsxusfrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2024, 03:36 AM   #3
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
I have one I can take a photo when I get home and sent it to you 100% AP factory
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2024, 04:15 AM   #4
Eldad
"TRF" Member

Not a big deal. Leave it and enjoy opportunity to own such a watch

Ap 26315 panda - Ap code 11.59 - pp5167A - Daytona 116520 balck dial - 116520 white aph dial - daytona - 116500ln - Ap 15720 green khaki- submariner 1680 mark II
Eldad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2024, 02:02 PM   #5
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

Looks close enough to me.
gretch6364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2024, 08:32 PM   #6
Balance
"TRF" Member

My brand new 26240ST from the boutique has similiar differences in finishing where the case meets the bracelet.
Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2024, 09:17 PM   #7
Il-Re
"TRF" Member

Another angle which highlights the difference, the inner part of the right side link has been polished on the edge that lines up with the case lug, the other 3 do not, it's a bizarre one as someone would have had to intentionally do that, it's not something you would do by accident, why would they do that and not for the other sides is also confusing. It does appear there are master metal workers who could sort it out but I've always been told neve to let anyone but AP touch a royal oak, unfortunately AP are more in the business of replacing rather than repairing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Captureos2.JPG (39.5 KB, 87 views)
Old 31 August 2024, 09:19 PM   #8
Il-Re
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonsxusfrt View Post
its a 2006, so unless you buy one that's beat up and never been polished you're likely not going to find a better one (they'll all have some imperfection that will aggravate your OCD). TBH I would live with it, and yes my OCD would bug the crap out of me for weeks but you'll stop noticing it when the next imperfection on another watch catches your eye LOL!!
This is true and has happened for me with other watches, it's because I have the right to return. If that had gone I'd have no choice but to deal with it. I did look on chrono24 and most of the bracelets for this model were in much worse condition, the watch and bracelet generally is very good, it's just this specific part.
Old 31 August 2024, 09:20 PM   #9
Il-Re
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balance View Post
My brand new 26240ST from the boutique has similiar differences in finishing where the case meets the bracelet.
That is interesting, that therefore would certainly suggest handwork as if it were done by machine it would be exactly the same?