The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 01:14 AM   #31
RAB321
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfixer21 View Post
If you are wearing a single watch, customs doesn't care what it's worth.
Really? Because I was stopped and asked to see a "flashy" Citizen watch once. It had what looked like a diamond encrusted bezel. As soon as he could look closer, he handed it right back.
RAB321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:47 AM   #32
RMF
"TRF" Member

Just declare it before you go using this US Customs form https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fi..._form_4457.pdf
RMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:26 AM   #33
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboutderntime View Post
I’ll be traveling from the United States to France in the near future and hope to bring one of my favorite watches. At this point, I’m leaning towards my yacht master 226659 or my VC overseas. I’m wondering if anyone has had experience with customs while traveling with a watch valued over $10,000. Unfortunately, I don’t have a receipt, but I do have a registration card. Any tips for this process or things I should consider before hopping on the plane? Of course, the watches are both insured.
Well myself live in the UK but travelled a lot mainly far east middle east ,and all around Carribbean and never once asked about my Rolex 16600 SD that was on my wrist by customs

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:45 AM   #34
IBJanky
2024 Pledge Member

Jeez, some of you folks overthink everything. Just wear your watch and enjoy life.
IBJanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:34 AM   #35
eugenetsang
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610ln
Having traveled internationally extensively, I never needed to declare any of my watches. At least from my experience.

I even brought 2 pieces with my while traveling to Hong Kong. One to be dropped off to get laser welded at CWR. The 2nd to be worn as my daily while the sub was out of commission.

US customs didn't care while coming back home. HK customs didn't care while arriving/departing. So I never understood the talk about members carrying copies of "receipts" or pics of your watches being worn prior to your trip.

I believe it's just an urban myth.
eugenetsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:50 AM   #36
toomuchtalk
"TRF" Member

travlled all over world with watch on wrist. never an issue.
toomuchtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:05 AM   #37
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1680
It very rarely happens, but the correct way as stated earlier is to do a temporary export at the airport followed by a temporary import in the country you are visiting. The limit on how much your stuff is worth before you need to make a temporary import varies a lot between countries. You need to return to the customs office when you are back and have the temporary export papers stamped again.

Professionally I usually travelled with an ATA Carnet, basically a passport for stuff.
Fredrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:06 AM   #38
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
To be honest I’ve never had an issue but maybe it depends on your country of residence when entering the borders once returning home
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:56 AM   #39
eugenetsang
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610ln
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996marty View Post
To be honest I’ve never had an issue but maybe it depends on your country of residence when entering the borders once returning home
Maybe we should start a list of countries where they give travelers a hard time while wearing high end watches?

Here are some of the countries I've been to where I was NEVER bothered by customs.

1. USA
2. UK
3. France
4. Hong Kong
5. Malaysia
6. Singapore
7. Thailand
8. Japan
9. Australia
10. Mexico
11. Dominican Republic
12. Canada
13. The Philippines
14. Netherlands
15. Germany
16. Austria
17. Italy
18. Belgium

I'm missing a few more countries... But you guys get the points.
eugenetsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:58 AM   #40
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Do it all the time.
Sometimes as many as three of them.
Have never had an issue.
It’s. Or cash and they are not purchases I need to declare for taxes.
I always keep copy of receipts in email folder just in case since I take care of watches and look like new.
Countries I am entering only care if intended to be sold there but have never been asked.
Old Today, 08:20 AM   #41
Mate1974
"TRF" Member

It’s great that you’ve got insurance on both watches, which is always smart for travel. When traveling internationally with a watch valued over $10,000, it’s a good idea to bring any documentation you have, like the registration card, as proof of ownership. In the U.S., you can fill out a CBP Form 4457 at customs before your trip to avoid any issues upon re-entry, as it proves the watch was purchased in the U.S. This way, you won’t be asked to pay duties on your own watch when returning. As for entering France, typically, there’s no issue with bringing personal items, but having proof of purchase or ownership just in case can help things go smoothly. Enjoy your trip!
Mate1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:23 AM   #42
dmash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenetsang View Post
Maybe we should start a list of countries where they give travelers a hard time while wearing high end watches?

Here are some of the countries I've been to where I was NEVER bothered by customs.

1. USA
2. UK
3. France
4. Hong Kong
5. Malaysia
6. Singapore
7. Thailand
8. Japan
9. Australia
10. Mexico
11. Dominican Republic
12. Canada
13. The Philippines
14. Netherlands
15. Germany
16. Austria
17. Italy
18. Belgium

I'm missing a few more countries... But you guys get the points.
this isn’t really an extensive traveler if you meant for it to come off like that
dmash is online now   Reply With Quote